shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please -- ISO B-day gift for 2 year old girl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
We are going to a birthday party this weekend for the daughter of one of my colleagues. I have no idea what a 2 year old girl would like. I''m looking for something in the $40 price range.

BTW, the gift I picked last year (a ride along type toy with piano keys that play music) was a hit with the child, but the parents and the nanny hated it because the child pushed the buttons to play the music all day long. This year, I need something the child will enjoy that does not produce a lot of noise.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got T this power wheels thing from Target. Can''t remember the price but she loves it. It is battery operated and says 12-36 months. I honestly would just go to Target and see what they ahve for 2-3 year olds. I think you can bump the age up one year when buying a gift.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have much experience with girls, but my son (3) and nephews (2 and 1) are all about the ball pits now. If they have a designated play area or a large bedroom, it''s easy to put up and quiet but loads of fun. Toys r us has several (in assorted themes and characters). The other big thing for us is tents.

I can''t believe the parents were unhappy with your gift last year. It sounds perfect to me....

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
My boy loves ball rolling games, the kind where you put the ball in the top and the lights flash as it emerges down the bottom... kind of like pin-ball for babies!
4.gif

Otherwise, I would always buy beautiful picture books (hardback of course!) and music or spoken-word CDs!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, if they have the space a ball pit is AWAYS a hit!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I had to google "ball pit" to see what you were talking about. That does look like fun, although a bit over budget unless I can find one on sale.

I saw a beautiful cheetah stuffed animal at the zoo gift store, and the child''s room is done in an African theme. Are 2 year olds into stuffed animals? I thought about getting her that and a few nice hardcover picture books. It''s tough because I do not know what books and toys she already has. I assume she has the classics I''ve heard of, such as Good Night Moon, Where the Wild Things Are, etc. What books or book series do 2-3 year old girls like?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 2:35:42 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I don''t have much experience with girls, but my son (3) and nephews (2 and 1) are all about the ball pits now. If they have a designated play area or a large bedroom, it''s easy to put up and quiet but loads of fun. Toys r us has several (in assorted themes and characters). The other big thing for us is tents.

I can''t believe the parents were unhappy with your gift last year. It sounds perfect to me....
We thought so too. DH and I actually wanted to buy a second one for our then-unborn child because it matched the theme of her room as well as looking fun, but the store only had one. Within a few weeks after the party last year, the mother and father on separate occasions told me the music from the toy was driving them nuts because their DD was hitting the buttons over and over again. They threatened to pay us back when we had a child. They said all this jokingly, of course, but I still got the message.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I love getting books as gifts for my kidlet. Last year I saved these ideas from Babycenter, I think they are pretty cute & can be adjusted to the childs age

"My daughter got the cutest gift ever from one of my friends this weekend for her birthday. I thought I would share it just in case anyone was looking for ideas.

It was a big pink bowl and it had the book "Pinkalicious" by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann. The book is about this little girl who eats so many pink cupcakes that she turns pink...and then has to eat veggies to get back to normal. SO cute.

Anyway, the book was in there along with a box of Strawberry cake mix, strawberry icing, pink sprinkles, cupcake liners, and a little kids kitchen set (wire wisk, spatula, spoon). "

Some others:

-Any Winnie the Pooh (classic or Disney) book w/ honey and biscuits, stuffed bee, pooh doll...
-Little House on the Prairie books w/ picnic basket, gingham blanket, or other old-fashioned items...
-Very Hungry Caterpillar w/ a variety of veggies and fruits to eat, butterfly net, ...or add a nonfiction book about butterflies
-A good night book with a pair of pajamas, maybe a cute night light to go with it.
-A book about animals with a membership to the zoo.
-Angelina Ballerina books with an Angelina doll w/a classical music CD or a tutu!

Dress up clothes tutu, shoes, boa etc.. would be cute

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think books are tough b/c of our friends already have a ton. I have half of my childhood books (split with my sister) so T has a TON. What about a beanbag or some little chair? Kids love those too.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 1:00:38 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I think books are tough b/c of our friends already have a ton. I have half of my childhood books (split with my sister) so T has a TON. What about a beanbag or some little chair? Kids love those too.

Oh yeah those are good too my daughter loves having her own chair.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 12:34:15 PM
Author: Kay
I saw a beautiful cheetah stuffed animal at the zoo gift store, and the child''s room is done in an African theme. Are 2 year olds into stuffed animals? I thought about getting her that and a few nice hardcover picture books. It''s tough because I do not know what books and toys she already has. I assume she has the classics I''ve heard of, such as Good Night Moon, Where the Wild Things Are, etc. What books or book series do 2-3 year old girls like?
I think these are real good choices. Since you are not that close to these people you shouldn''t get something that makes a big statement or takes up a lot of room to the parent''s time. If you go to a children''s bookstore they always have suggestions for various age groups. Keep the zoo theme. Stay away from the "classics" (like Good Night Moon) which they probably already have.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 12:58:20 PM
Author: VegasAngel
Personally I love getting books as gifts for my kidlet. Last year I saved these ideas from Babycenter, I think they are pretty cute & can be adjusted to the childs age

'My daughter got the cutest gift ever from one of my friends this weekend for her birthday. I thought I would share it just in case anyone was looking for ideas.

It was a big pink bowl and it had the book 'Pinkalicious' by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann. The book is about this little girl who eats so many pink cupcakes that she turns pink...and then has to eat veggies to get back to normal. SO cute.

Anyway, the book was in there along with a box of Strawberry cake mix, strawberry icing, pink sprinkles, cupcake liners, and a little kids kitchen set (wire wisk, spatula, spoon). '

Some others:

-Any Winnie the Pooh (classic or Disney) book w/ honey and biscuits, stuffed bee, pooh doll...

-Little House on the Prairie books w/ picnic basket, gingham blanket, or other old-fashioned items...

-Very Hungry Caterpillar w/ a variety of veggies and fruits to eat, butterfly net, ...or add a nonfiction book about butterflies

-A good night book with a pair of pajamas, maybe a cute night light to go with it.

-A book about animals with a membership to the zoo.

-Angelina Ballerina books with an Angelina doll w/a classical music CD or a tutu!

Dress up clothes tutu, shoes, boa etc.. would be cute

I think this is a great idea- and I LOVE THAT BOOK!!!! There is "Purpalicious" also! Just include a receipt or a gift receipt so if they already have it, then can get a different book- a child can never have too many books!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results