shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!!! Please is it time to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laetitiamurray

Rough_Rock
I currently have a 1.7 ACA AGS 0 hearts and arrows, I color SI1 clarity. It is pretty and all but I've always wanted a bigger one. I love my setting (custom made by whiteflash).
The question is :
I found a 3.23 CT (Yes, 3.23) that is reasonnably priced and sounds pretty good. It is a F color, SI2 clarity but , here is where I am hesitating, It is EGL certified.. I already check and it's a 0.7 on the HCA which is really good but WILL i look at it and miss my hearts and arrows? Is it a step forward or back?... I have not seen the stone in person so it's hard but I always look at mine thinking "I wish it were bigger'.... What would you do?
Thanks for your input,
Laetitia

Stone specs:

Measurements 9.62 x 9.54 x 5.75mm
Weight 3.23ct
Shape Round Diamond
Color D
Clarity SI2
Depth 60.0%
Table 57%
Girdle Medium Faceted
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Fluorescence None
Culet
None

IDEAL CUT

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my first concern with an EGL SI2 would be is it eye clean? Hve you seen pics of it?

laetitiamurray

Rough_Rock
That''s what concerns me too. It looks good on the picture but is it as good in person? On the certificate it looks like the inclusions are right in the middle too...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, do you know if it is EGL USA or another branch of EGL such as Israel, Europe, Antwerp etc? Secondly, is this a diamond you would be buying from WF? I hear you on the size thing, what about perhaps considering a bit smaller than the EGL diamond with an excellent cut, say around 2.3 carats and up, with I or J colour as you are fine with an I colour and SI if verified eyeclean?

What I would do, if you have a pic, is to contact the vendor and ask them if it is eyeclean to your standards. If not then that would make the decision for you. You can't judge eyecleanliness from the plotting diagram of a report, a trusted vendor is the best person to make that judgement call for you, so I would contact them and ask, if they have the diamond available that is.

If you do decide to go ahead, an independant appraisal might be prudent depending on where you buy it from, to make sure the diamond checks out.

laetitiamurray

Rough_Rock
Well, it is Egl Europe which is usually even scarier that''s why I''m here! I just e-mailed the vendor again to see if I can get more detailed pictures of the stone and you''re right, that''ll probably make the decision for me!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Funny, I''m also trying to upgrade my 2.123 I-SI1 ACA.
Good luck!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2008 5:19:21 PM
Author: laetitiamurray
Well, it is Egl Europe which is usually even scarier that's why I'm here! I just e-mailed the vendor again to see if I can get more detailed pictures of the stone and you're right, that'll probably make the decision for me!
Lol! Like I said, if it is eyeclean and you are happy that you are fine with trading a superideal diamond for this one, make the sale final on it checking out with an independant appraisal. It is a large stone and in that clarity grade if accurate, it may not be eyeclean, but see what the vendor says, and make sure they understand your comfort level concerning eyecleanliness. If this one doesn't come to anything, remember it sometimes can take a bit of time to find the right stone in this weight. Have you asked WF to see if they could source you a diamond, or have one in inventory which might suit you? As to whether you would miss your arrows, and if it is a step forward or back, you may get various opinions on that one, but only you can really answer. You must do what is best for you, remember it may be more difficult to sell or trade an EGL graded diamond compared to the one you currently have, if you did get it, so lots to consider.

Also looking at your first post, is the 3 carater F or D colour?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results