shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please I need to decide which one I should buy:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

landrover-1

Rough_Rock

Help please I need to decide which one I should buy:

One is 1.84 and the other is 1.90 both score excellent on the HCA at 1.8 and 1.4 respectively. The 1.9 has very good symmetry the 1.84 has excellent symmetry. There are notes on the 1.9 for pinpoints and surface graining. Both are listed at a similar price. I have not seen either one and wanted to avoid getting both appraised.

Is the size difference going to be noticeable?.

What about the graining on the 1.90?

Thank you very much

1.84 1.GIF

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cant see the diameter of both stones?

Graining is not likely to be an issue - it means there is a small ridge running across the stone somewhere. If they showed it in the image it would likely look horrific. If it did in fact look horrific they would draw it on the report.

You probably need to see it under magnification with the light just so. A nice way to be able to always identify your stone

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Size difference:
The only way I can tell you if it is noticeable is if you post the measurements of both stones. My guess is that I doubt the difference will be obvious to the eye. For most people, a difference of 0.5 mm can picked up by the human eye, anything less than that, probably not. Even less so if the stones are not viewed side by side.

Surface graining:
I believe that this can only be seen under strong magnification, but I am not 100% sure.

landrover-1

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gary,

The measurments of the 1.9 are: 7.95 - 7.97 x 4.87

landrover-1

Rough_Rock
Sorry forgot the other one The 1.84 are 7.81 - 7.84 x 4.88

So Cal Guy

Rough_Rock
I can''t speak about the graining, but when I was looking at a 1.85 versus a 2.0 carat, various jewelers told me the difference would be 1/5th the thickness of a dime. So I would imagine that for 0.05, the difference would be even less. Of course, carat is weight and not size per se so if the 1.9 is deeper than the 1.84, it could very well be that telling the difference between teh 1.9 and 1.84 would be even more difficult.

Okay, just saw the dimensions you provided. Okay, we''re talking 0.14 mm difference on top. I would imagine that would not be a noticeable difference. Without seeing the stone, I would think having the triple Excellents on the GIA would be preferable. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results