shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please! Eternity ring with 1.2 carat solitaire-4.5 size

1j2lin

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I am looking for a 8-10 pointer low set eternity ring to go with my 1.2 carat solitaire for a size 4.5 finger.

Does anyone have similar pairings to share with me please?

Also, I have gotten quotes from IDJ for 10 pointer F/G SI pricescope quality bands and have a few questions:
1. The price on their ebay website for a similar item is significantly cheaper than what they have quoted me; any ideas why?
2. What are pricescope quality diamonds?

I would be so grateful for all your expert help in this!

Thank you! :twirl:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Help please! Eternity ring with 1.2 carat solitaire-4.5

I'm working on a quote from IDJ right now as well. I asked for ideal/excellent cut which is what I think they mean by pricescope quality. I'll verify it for myself with IDJ, but that would increase the price somewhat. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The price is higher because you asked for better quality. Mine is very low set u-prong from Whiteflash and the stones are ACA. It doesn't get better than that.

1j2lin

Rough_Rock

I see what you mean about the difference in quality, but the specifications for the diamonds are actually the same! Which is why I am left puzzled....

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Better quality meaning better cut, same color, same clarity.

1j2lin

Rough_Rock

Hi!

So I've asked IDJ and they told me the reason for the difference in price is because the eBay rings are pre-made, not custom made; apparently from this company called Unique Settings.

I'm getting a quote from ERD as well....hopefully things will turn out well!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

This could have been my thread a couple months ago. I too have a 1.2ish center stone and initially was looking for an eternity with 10 pointers, I then decided on 7's and finally decided on 5's and I am really happy with that choice. I feel the eternity is significant enough to wear on its on but also delicate enough not to distract from my center stone.

I also got quotes from IDJ ERD and whiteflash. I was pleasantly surprised when WF's quote came in significantly less than ERD and about the same as IDJ but with superior quality IMO. Id consider giving them a call and discussing your budget with them, I was super happy with what they were able to offer me.

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade

There shouldn't be too much problem getting one of those made. Are you looking for the shared prong look?

1j2lin

Rough_Rock

Hi!

Christina, have you got any pictures of your eternity with your solitaire? I've kind of decided on going with the 10 pointers but am now starting to worry if they will be too distracting...

IDJ quotes that I got were cheaper than EDR, but I haven't heard back from WF yet, so perhaps I'll wait for them to reply before making my decision.

I'm super excited though, and cannot wait!

I'm looking for a shared prong look- anyone knows if a closed gallery will definitely be lower in setting than an open gallery?

Thanks a million :) :twirl:

1j2lin

Rough_Rock

Christina!

I did some snooping around and saw your beautiful ER with your eternity ring!! It looks absolutely divine and you're making me question my decision of a 10 pointer since your size looks perfect and I'm really concerned about overwhelming my solitaire....oh decisions decisions!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Go smaller for a ring that your pairing with your 1.2

Down the road get as big an eternity ad you want for a RHR, sense it won't be compared to anything, nor will it then shrink your center stone at all.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do NOT think you'll regret getting 10 pointers one bit - IMO!!!!

Zappy

Shiny_Rock

I agree with Motownmama, I think the ten pointers will look great! I have a 1.21 ct solitaire as well, and I paired it with a u-prong 5 stone (1 ctw) band from IDJ. I asked for pricescope quality stones and they are so sparkly and eye clean! If you can try on some bands locally just to get an idea of how the ten pointers look with your ring, that would help. Let me know if you want any pictures of my band next to my solitaire.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

Here's some quick shots of my 1.21 with 4 pointers, 7 pointers and a pave band. My finer is a size 6 and the rings are size 6 to 6 1/2.

img_0466.jpg

img_1411.jpg

img_1412.jpg

1j2lin

Rough_Rock

Thanks all for your input!

Siamese, I love love love your 7 pointers, they are so pretty!!! I've decided to go for the 8 pointers, fingers crossed!!!! Apparently they aren't visually much different from a 10 pointer but will be lower set, which is very important to me.

charlene

Rough_Rock

Here's some quick shots of my 1.21 with 4 pointers, 7 pointers and a pave band. My finer is a size 6 and the rings are size 6 to 6 1/2.

img_0466.jpg

img_1411.jpg

img_1412.jpg

Hi Siamese3,

I love your 7 pointer ring. What metal and setting is it on? Thank you so much in advance!!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Siamese3,

I love your 7 pointer ring. What metal and setting is it on? Thank you so much in advance!!
Hi Charlene.. just seeing this now.. my eternity is from dream eternity from BGD and it's platinum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results