shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please - Dust for international shipping troubles!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello all,

I haven't been posting on PS for a while, but lurk occasionally - I have been excellent, just super busy.

However right now I do really need some comfort and dust regarding a shipping debacle...

A couple of months ago JKT completed for me a custom bracelet in sterling and YG and with 5 various
coloured gems from my collection.
It arrived in Australia safe and sound, I did all the right things regarding customs paperwork - and than, I called and emailed customs
to ask them to hold my package for longer than the standard period, due to a family illness which required my attention.

I have two emails from them stating this is absolutely no problem, notes have been made on files, it will be here when you're ready, and so on.

This week I email them my payment form for processing of GST fees etc, after which the parcel should be released to me -
first thing next morning I get a call from Australia Post saying "we sent your package return to sender in February, sorry, tough luck"
(summarizing here, but that was about it).

Riigghhttt...so, my one of a kind, hand crafted bracelet which Julia and I worked on together for almost 18 months to complete, with a number of unique gemstones - is now in random transit back to the US, without any tracking, or..anything :errrr: I'm sure many of you can imagine how I felt.

I have spoken to a manager at customs who has apologized and so on - apparently their standard practice is to call or email the recipient before a package is made RTS - makes sense and would have avoided this whole mess - but they didn't contact me because they were extra busy :(

I know, a long story - but right now I just feel a bit sick over it and needed some understanding company! There is of course nothing Julia or I can do, but wait and see... :sick:

Below are a couple pics for those who haven't seen it over in CS - *not* an easy item to replicate or replace, that's for sure.

5braceblackwr15.JPG

5braceblackwr14.JPG

5bracebluewr12.JPG

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
oh AJ...

My heart goes out to you...I had no idea you did not have your bracelet with you already. Your heart must have felt like it fell to your boots when you had the call.

Major thoughts for the safe return to Julia of your lovely piece, and I'm so sorry to hear you've been going through some stuff...I hope all is well in your world now.

*edited to say this bit later :)) *

Very very good luck with everything....

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
OH NO AJ!!!!!! That is one of those pieces of art/jewelry that people will remember their entire life. It inspired me to do my grandma's bracelet. It too is back with it's maker being tweaked and everything is working out smoothly as far as international shipping goes... so let's hope yours endures the same luck!

Sending lots of shipping dust your way! Hopefully it arrives back to JKT no problem and things can be all sorts of sorted out! Luckily it's coming back to the States, that makes me feel more comfortable than say going to other countries where things are "lost" a bit more often. LOTS OF DUST!!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow, that's terrible! I really hope that it arrives safe and sound at JKT so that you can start the shipping process anew! Sending you lots of dust!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
AJ, I'm so sorry! Every time I visited Julia's site and saw your bracelet I imagined you wearing it and wondered why you hadn't posted any more photos. I know you and Julia must both be devastated. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get an email soon that it turned up safe and sound in Tucson. Lots of dust......

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!!!!!
DUST!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes! I thought you already had the bracelet w/you. I hope it gets back to you soon, safe and sound!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much to those lovely members who posted their support, I really do appreciate it !

I was able to finally get an update just today, and thankfully the package is no longer in postal limbo - apparently it landed in the US on the 6th march.
So this is certainly progress and gave me a huge wash of relief just to have some sort of info - however I'm kinda surprised it's already almost 5 days in the US and hasn't reached Julia yet...fingers & toes crossed it finds its way safely for the remainder of the journey.

Thanks again ladies for your dust and good wishes, I will update with hopefully more good news soon :wavey:

...and wendy, now you have me curious what you were going to say ;))

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1299252326|2864566 said:
OH NO AJ!!!!!! That is one of those pieces of art/jewelry that people will remember their entire life. It inspired me to do my grandma's bracelet. It too is back with it's maker being tweaked and everything is working out smoothly as far as international shipping goes... so let's hope yours endures the same luck!

Sending lots of shipping dust your way! Hopefully it arrives back to JKT no problem and things can be all sorts of sorted out! Luckily it's coming back to the States, that makes me feel more comfortable than say going to other countries where things are "lost" a bit more often. LOTS OF DUST!!!!

Hello Davi - I had no idea about your grandma's bracelet, do you a have a thread as yet? I'm sure it will be beautiful.

I am really hoping mine does not require any tweaking - I don't think I could stand the shipping for another time!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh AJ, what a gorgeous and unique bracelet. Sending you tons and tons of good luck dust for it to make its way safely back to Julia and then back to you so you can enjoy ASAP!!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
AJ, I have missed you!

I am so sorry this has happened. I send you dust by the bucket load!! Let us know what happens. I will watch and hope that it all turns out ok!!! :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo sorry AJ! I would be beside myself! That is one gorgeous bracelet! Stunning!!! Hope all goes well and you can get it back!!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ, I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. You have the worst luck - I remember hearing about your other shipping quandaries. Boo to your postal service.

That's a stunning piece, I really hope it gets to you safe and sound.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
arjunajane|1299839351|2869458 said:
...and wendy, now you have me curious what you were going to say ;))

Good news about your package AJ...fingers still crossed that it gets to Julia as soon as...

I started rambling at the end of wishing you well with the trauma of not knowing where in the world your precious package was, and thought better than to say my stuff at the tail end of it... :))

I just wanted to say I've been talking with Julia a fair bit, and am booking in some design time with her. She is practically booked through to the end of the year, but it gives me time to save!!

I've got some fairly firm ideas mulling around, but I'm thinking I'll be fairly happy to give Julia carte blanche to 'do her thing'! It's going to be earrings (more than 1 pair) and pendant, with hopefully a mix and match ability with amethysts, hot pinks or red maybe, and perhaps some golden stones. I also have a little Mahenge that I'd love for her to set...I've only had it a short while, but I'm smitten with the glow! It's from Lisa Elser, and really just pops!

The amethysts are the one in my avatar, which I've had from Gene for what seems like eons now! I've been so broke the last year or so though, setting anything has been on hold. Gene cut me two smaller trills to go with this one, and although they are a smidge lighter, they're a very good match. They were bound to come lighter, as they are only 7.5mm as opposed to the 12mm of the avatar one.

I wrote briefly in another thread (earrings on CS) that I had let go a pair of cobalt spinels...well it seems they are still available...so I really think I might get them - I'm wondering about putting them with the Mahenge, and maybe maybe a couple of teeny diamonds, to make a 5/7 stone ring...not sure yet on that...but hopefully Julia might be able to do that too. Perhaps I ought to say...if my finances might stretch that far!!

So, it's gonna be a mix and match with purples, hot pinks, perhaps some red, and golden...and then the blue spinels if I get them. I'm really digging the deep colours these days, and really want to get some pieces made that can be switched around with each other.

After that little lot of setting, it'll just leave around 10 or so more stones to set!! easy huh! Seriously, I have around 5 stones more that I really want to set...the rest can languish a while or more.

I've said way way more than I did in the first attempt...I truly wasn't gonna ambush your 'dust' thread with so much rambling!

Do you have anything in the pipeline at the moment - and by the way, your latest ring in the rose gold...I don't think I said anything about it...it's just simply outrageous! Smooth sleek and so well executed - well done on that one!

that's it for now - it's lovely to have caught up with you :))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ - that bracelet is just stunning - I can't wait to see pictures of it on your wrist! I hope you get it soon.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Dust for your package AJ. :halo:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hi AJ! Sorry I am late to the party, I hope your bracelet has made it back into the safe hands of the creator and that you get it back soon.

I still haven't spotted your ring around Perth, but I think I won't have too much trouble spotting your gorgeous bracelet! ;))

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your posts - I am so very relieved to be able to say that, finally, a month since it left Australia the package is back safely and contents intact with JKT.
Julia and I became quite worried and she opened a USPS enquiry in the last week, but fortunately it was discovered soon
after at the local PO.

Now, we just need to get it back safely over here and through stoopid customs quickly and I should finally be
able to share some photos - and enjoy my bracelet!. I would have been very sad indeed for this piece to go missing - a number of the gems would have been difficult to replace, and Julia worked so long and hard on the project.

massive sigh of relief!!

ps. Wendy, thank you for sharing your updates with me - as usual it sounds like you have fun & unique projects on the go ::)
My apologies I haven't had more time to reply sooner.
all the best
AJ

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Great news AJ! Enjoy :))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YIPPEE!! What a relief!!!!!! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results