Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help?!? Paraiba Tourmaline ring.. 5.7k worth it?

ShulinaOY

Rough_Rock
My main concern is same as what @voce voiced- about the ring rotating on its short axis when you wear it. Are you planning to wear it with your wedding band, hence placing the bulk of the stone on one side?
Nope not wearing with wedding band. Intending to wear it alone. What do you mean by ring rotating? U mean like flipping over to otherwise of hand?
yeah I informed my hubby already, I think he will talk to the ring designers.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Nope not wearing with wedding band. Intending to wear it alone. What do you mean by ring rotating? U mean like flipping over to otherwise of hand?
yeah I informed my hubby already, I think he will talk to the ring designers.
I was thinking that the ring may try to rotate in this direction. I do not have a ring with similarly asymmetrically set stone so cannot be absolutely sure. However, this was my main concern when I saw the design.

Screenshot_20200809-102056_Samsung Internet.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know the technical terms. I just think that the oval gem is too forward and it is likely to catch on to something as you move your hand and it might well get ripped out.

Like, if you see this image below, you will see that the heart is not so forward and the diamond shoulders encase the heart in a centralised manner for a very good reason.

Lovely Paraiba, in any case. :kiss2:

1596995017714.png

ShulinaOY

Rough_Rock
So pretty the ring! Yeah originally I suggested something like this but my husband really doesn't like it. He says it reminds him too much of wings.
It seems this design is gona be rather similar to some chaumet designs. They will put in extra reinforcement but of course with every jewellery.. one must be careful!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Beautiful! Thats a big stone!!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That was FAST!!! My ring it STILL in the works on Sept 10th since being planned Aug.7. The waiting sucks!

LisaRN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Isn't it wonderful to have such a gorgeous, unique ring that really speaks to you? Well done!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring, congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HOLY. MOLY. Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    Astounding AVR
    Astounding AVR
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.