shape
carat
color
clarity

Help/opinion of 1 ct round GCAL 8x LGD

david_david

Rough_Rock
Hi. I purchased this diamond (round, 1ct, VS1, D):

My only knowledge of diamonds are the guides I've read here. Very useful. I found this diamond which followed the recommended proportions table. It has a HCA score of 0.7 and since I don't really have an eye for fire, scintillation, and such thought the GCAL 8x grading would help. Would the GCAL 8x rating be considered reliable?

The inclusions are needles and none are noted on the table. Since this is a VS1, is it correct to say these inclusions are 'eye-clean'?

I would appreciate any opinions on the diamond and what, if anything, I should be looking for when it arrives. If I made a mistake, I can always return, but I'd like to view it in person at least.

Thanks.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome to PriceScope, david_david!
Outstanding choice!
You have absolutely nothing to worry about, here:
HPHT growth method
D color
VS1 clarity
Beautiful symmetry
Perfect light return
Amazing proportions and angles
...doesn't get any better than this for a winning recipe

david_david

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much DejaWiz. It is great to be able to get a vote of confidence from an expert not trying to sell me anything. I've really appreciated the info here and the willingness of the community to lend their time to help.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much DejaWiz. It is great to be able to get a vote of confidence from an expert not trying to sell me anything. I've really appreciated the info here and the willingness of the community to lend their time to help.

You're very welcome.
Hope you are up for posting your thoughts and impressions about it along with a bunch of pictures once you receive it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous diamond! Looks eye-clean with fantastic light performance.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your help. I had a hard time taking a close up without blurring, but here is the diamond.

I'm very pleased with it. The light and sparkle seem great in my limited experience.

diamond.jpg

Looks great - this picture really shows the nice brilliance across the diameter!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, you picked a stunner for sure. Thank you for coming back to share your thoughts and a photo!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
WOWZA that's a beauty! Could I ask which vendor did you purchase from and did you have a good experience?

david_david

Rough_Rock
Thank you Gemstonesrock. I purchased from Adiamor and it was a very good experience. I called prior to purchase to ask a few questions. They answered promptly and were friendly and knowledgable without pressuring. I ordered online once I made my decision. They called a few hours after order once they secured the diamond and confirmed the order. The diamond was shipped free FedEx overnight with signature required. A seamless purchase for what seemed to me to be a very fair price.

nemrac917

Rough_Rock
Hi and welcome to PriceScope, david_david!
Outstanding choice!
You have absolutely nothing to worry about, here:
HPHT growth method
D color
VS1 clarity
Beautiful symmetry
Perfect light return
Amazing proportions and angles
...doesn't get any better than this for a winning recipe

Newbie question here... how can you tell from the GCAL report that it's an HPHT?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results