shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on size dimensions

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
I've asked and got great help on the moissanite tianyu thread. But I've since been talking to Jonathan at AV and decided to go with his. My inspo picture for the ring I want is the one with leaves. I do not want an OEC though I want a H&A round. I went to the jewelery store and they have setting similar from Gabriel&Co but it sits way too high for me. The original leaf inspo is also too high.

I've attached 2 pics of my RHR and I love the profile of this. Do you think it's possible to have the leaf ring at this lower profile to look right? Of course it can be done but will it look okay? With that said does a 6.5mm stone vs a 7mm make a difference in a lower profile ring? I tried on a 1 ct =6.5mm and honestly it was at the top of what I felt looked good for my size 4 finger. Does 7mm add that much more and will it look bigger being lower or opposite? Hope I didn't confuse!

Since it's important to my over all end design result, I've attached pics of the bands that I want made or will just outright buy. I want them to sit well with the e ring in all sorts of combos. The band on the last picture is the bottom band on stack. Thank you so much! IMG_0541.JPG-1.jpg 20190925_172515.jpg 20190925_172512.jpg Rosegold-Leaf.jpg diamond-wedding-rings-pave-band-twisted-round-cut-diamond-jsdiamonds.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I've asked and got great help on the moissanite tianyu thread. But I've since been talking to Jonathan at AV and decided to go with his. My inspo picture for the ring I want is the one with leaves. I do not want an OEC though I want a H&A round. I went to the jewelery store and they have setting similar from Gabriel&Co but it sits way too high for me. The original leaf inspo is also too high.

I've attached 2 pics of my RHR and I love the profile of this. Do you think it's possible to have the leaf ring at this lower profile to look right? Of course it can be done but will it look okay? With that said does a 6.5mm stone vs a 7mm make a difference in a lower profile ring? I tried on a 1 ct =6.5mm and honestly it was at the top of what I felt looked good for my size 4 finger. Does 7mm add that much more and will it look bigger being lower or opposite? Hope I didn't confuse!

Since it's important to my over all end design result, I've attached pics of the bands that I want made or will just outright buy. I want them to sit well with the e ring in all sorts of combos. The band on the last picture is the bottom band on stack. Thank you so much! IMG_0541.JPG-1.jpg 20190925_172515.jpg 20190925_172512.jpg Rosegold-Leaf.jpg diamond-wedding-rings-pave-band-twisted-round-cut-diamond-jsdiamonds.jpg
I think I was helping you on the Tianyu thread but what you are asking is all doable. I actually saw that ring on my jewelers page when i was looking for something else. He could certainly make any adjustments for you regarding height or design to this existing setting in any color. He does fantastic miligrain and engraving type work. I have probably made at least 15 rings and other pieces of jewelry with him. All his trades are in house, which I can appreciate as I don’t like it when they subcontract work out. He will also set AV or any other stone you have. Here is the link:

https://debebians.com/collections/d...ings/products/milgrained-leaf-engagement-ring
This is the ring that they shipped out for me today with an aquamarine in a bezel halo:
1DA28584-BBE6-4633-8872-EE9BBF8AA90E.jpeg

His email is [email protected] or you can call him or his partner Maggie directly. They are a lot of fun to work with and I usually get calls back the same day or within a day.

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
I think I was helping you on the Tianyu thread but what you are asking is all doable. I actually saw that ring on my jewelers page when i was looking for something else. He could certainly make any adjustments for you regarding height or design to this existing setting in any color. He does fantastic miligrain and engraving type work. I have probably made at least 15 rings and other pieces of jewelry with him. All his trades are in house, which I can appreciate as I don’t like it when they subcontract work out. He will also set AV or any other stone you have. Here is the link:

https://debebians.com/collections/d...ings/products/milgrained-leaf-engagement-ring
This is the ring that they shipped out for me today with an aquamarine in a bezel halo:
1DA28584-BBE6-4633-8872-EE9BBF8AA90E.jpeg

His email is [email protected] or you can call him or his partner Maggie directly. They are a lot of fun to work with and I usually get calls back the same day or within a day.

That's beautiful! I don't think I've seen a dud from you though! Yeah, I'm the one you were helping .:mrgreen2: frankly I'm getting sick of me and my questions! Something I thought would be so easy, clearly is not. As you can see, I decided to go with AV although I've seem other posts that he gets stones in sporadically, he does not answer whether they will be hard to come by in a couple months or if GH will be available as he was steering me to DEF which I don't want (i don't think:rolleyes:)

Here's my thing with the 3 rings, will they look clunky all together or will they look good?. See I love the look of 3 bands but with space in between. I'd like to interchange their order. When I tried on a similar ring at jeweler, I was really underwhelmed and now questioning everything. :confused2: (is this common?)

Anyway see this new picture. It has also been a contender but I'd need to come up with a 3rd ring design to be different yet go with these. And now I read here, that leaf designs get stuck on things! As much as I like spaces, will these create too much and drive me nuts? Thoughts? And yes, this center would have to be dropped significantly if I go with this one.

I've also thought about a plain diamond eternity band solitaire to go with the original 2 wedding bands shown, as that's a pretty common look or with a twist band, but I'd be concerned losing pave stones.:(2(see, I make myself sick haha) How do you eventually decide? I think I'm mostly between these 2 options (as you can see I'm partial to leaves)but I really just want to get this figured out so I can just work on getting it together, not stuck on the what I want!
Have you ever seen the movie Perfect Murder and the wedding band? It's a Cathy Waterman design, super sparkly. I don't like that it's all one piece but that's the kind of delicate look I'm trying to recreate.
I once saw a similar ring to that which was all in one stacked (again I do want separate rings) but the way the diamonds "dotted" the bands, were spaced differently so it looked really pretty and sparkled all over the finger. They were different shapes too, like round, square, marquise. It was different shapes and the "dotting" at different points of the band and that's what drew me to it, that it went together but it was unique. Does that make sense what my end goal is? Perhaps I'm not even looking the right places to design what I'm looking for. Because at the jewelers I saw another similar "shape" to the leaf ring, but it looked more like a class ring silhouette and I def don't want that!
Thank you or anyone else willing to read this novel and help! 5929185b7b85be7002fd8f8d-large.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
That's beautiful! I don't think I've seen a dud from you though! Yeah, I'm the one you were helping .:mrgreen2: frankly I'm getting sick of me and my questions! Something I thought would be so easy, clearly is not. As you can see, I decided to go with AV although I've seem other posts that he gets stones in sporadically, he does not answer whether they will be hard to come by in a couple months or if GH will be available as he was steering me to DEF which I don't want (i don't think:rolleyes:)

Here's my thing with the 3 rings, will they look clunky all together or will they look good?. See I love the look of 3 bands but with space in between. I'd like to interchange their order. When I tried on a similar ring at jeweler, I was really underwhelmed and now questioning everything. :confused2: (is this common?)

Anyway see this new picture. It has also been a contender but I'd need to come up with a 3rd ring design to be different yet go with these. And now I read here, that leaf designs get stuck on things! As much as I like spaces, will these create too much and drive me nuts? Thoughts? And yes, this center would have to be dropped significantly if I go with this one.

I've also thought about a plain diamond eternity band solitaire to go with the original 2 wedding bands shown, as that's a pretty common look or with a twist band, but I'd be concerned losing pave stones.:(2(see, I make myself sick haha) How do you eventually decide? I think I'm mostly between these 2 options (as you can see I'm partial to leaves)but I really just want to get this figured out so I can just work on getting it together, not stuck on the what I want!
Have you ever seen the movie Perfect Murder and the wedding band? It's a Cathy Waterman design, super sparkly. I don't like that it's all one piece but that's the kind of delicate look I'm trying to recreate.
I once saw a similar ring to that which was all in one stacked (again I do want separate rings) but the way the diamonds "dotted" the bands, were spaced differently so it looked really pretty and sparkled all over the finger. They were different shapes too, like round, square, marquise. It was different shapes and the "dotting" at different points of the band and that's what drew me to it, that it went together but it was unique. Does that make sense what my end goal is? Perhaps I'm not even looking the right places to design what I'm looking for. Because at the jewelers I saw another similar "shape" to the leaf ring, but it looked more like a class ring silhouette and I def don't want that!
Thank you or anyone else willing to read this novel and help! 5929185b7b85be7002fd8f8d-large.jpg
That leaf ring will get stuck on everything. I was looking on Debebian’s IG to see if they posted more pics of my ring but I don’t see it yet. I did notice a bunch of leaf eternity rings...big and small. Take a look and see if there is anything that jumps out at you. I do think it is best to make the main e-ring somewhat simple and then have bands you can mix and match. It is like changing pillows on a neutral couch. You can give it a different looks by dressing it up in different pillows but the main ring (like the couch) needs to be simple to make that all work. I think too many changes and interlocking rings will have you getting them stuck in blankets and sweaters, which will ultimately bend the ring. If you like the leaf design, the lace ring has been done quite a few times by Starsgem. I can’t remember if I linked that one off of weddingbee but it is called the Michael B lace ring. That could be part of a mix and match band...maybe in rose gold?

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
That leaf ring will get stuck on everything. I was looking on Debebian’s IG to see if they posted more pics of my ring but I don’t see it yet. I did notice a bunch of leaf eternity rings...big and small. Take a look and see if there is anything that jumps out at you. I do think it is best to make the main e-ring somewhat simple and then have bands you can mix and match. It is like changing pillows on a neutral couch. You can give it a different looks by dressing it up in different pillows but the main ring (like the couch) needs to be simple to make that all work. I think too many changes and interlocking rings will have you getting them stuck in blankets and sweaters, which will ultimately bend the ring. If you like the leaf design, the lace ring has been done quite a few times by Starsgem. I can’t remember if I linked that one off of weddingbee but it is called the Michael B lace ring. That could be part of a mix and match band...maybe in rose gold?

Very good points! Honestly I'm thinking you're right about finding a simple e ring setting. Even skipping the leaf one because are you familiar with Rosados Box on etsy? She was fantastic enough to send me pics of a similar leaf, and similar dot eye band and she called it, and they make that other band.

Tbh it looked terrible and bulky. Granted her leaf ring was bigger but still. I would end up not liking it. I think when I'm drawn to "stacks" the e ring has a pave band. If I had that done in the US, is it common to lose stones? Better to just have a really plain e ring? I'm even almost leaning that way. Thanks for helping me! Close and yet far now!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Very good points! Honestly I'm thinking you're right about finding a simple e ring setting. Even skipping the leaf one because are you familiar with Rosados Box on etsy? She was fantastic enough to send me pics of a similar leaf, and similar dot eye band and she called it, and they make that other band.

Tbh it looked terrible and bulky. Granted her leaf ring was bigger but still. I would end up not liking it. I think when I'm drawn to "stacks" the e ring has a pave band. If I had that done in the US, is it common to lose stones? Better to just have a really plain e ring? I'm even almost leaning that way. Thanks for helping me! Close and yet far now!
Rosado’s box is ok for affordable ring options but maybe a leaf design is better as a stand alone ring. Pears, marquise shapes or anything with lots of alternating shapes are going to get stuck in your clothes every time you pull them over your head. Since you are trying to do a stack and you want to add a little ‘style’ in there, I think there are smart ways to do it. I would go for a simple cathedral solitaire. Having it made so that any band can sit flush. This will literally give you all the flexibility that you need for anything else going forward.

I have a halo cathedral and a matching pave band and they sit flush. I also had a plain flat band made with wheat engraving and I can switch that out. I have rose gold and yellow gold pave that also work. I wish I had beautifully thin fingers and could do long stacks but it doesn’t work for me. If I could, I would be cramming them all on my finger every day of the week! Instead, I switch things up depending on my mood.

I know the twist bands are really popular right now but they are not practical for a lot of stacking and they are hard to have next to another band and it is a lot of pave. They also start crawling up towards the knuckle just because of overall width. I think what could look very pretty is to have a simple 2 mm u-pave lab diamond band to go with solitaire cathedral and then add that funky band in there in rose gold. Maybe you don’t get that band made right away but save to get one of a little higher quality. I think bands like that look better when the design of the leaves sits in-between the structure of an actual ring rather than free floating. That is when they start getting bent. You can add the mixed metal in-between the pave band and the solitaire and that would act as a spacer actually.

I love that there is so much creativity in ring design now but I think it is easier sometimes to switch up the bands to play around with the look and it won’t date the style so much through the decades. I know people say you should just get what you love but there are some styles that do looked dated faster...there just is.

These lace rings I think that were ordered on WB would really be great for this style you are trying to create. Flip through the pages and look at what hm2012 and pinky58 have created. Both SG and Provence now carry these in a few different ways and colors with lab diamonds. It is the perfect ring for a stack that can also function as a spacer if needed.

https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/the-lacie-lounge-pic-heavy/

https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/lovely-lacies/

Michele1706

Rough_Rock
Rosado’s box is ok for affordable ring options but maybe a leaf design is better as a stand alone ring. Pears, marquise shapes or anything with lots of alternating shapes are going to get stuck in your clothes every time you pull them over your head. Since you are trying to do a stack and you want to add a little ‘style’ in there, I think there are smart ways to do it. I would go for a simple cathedral solitaire. Having it made so that any band can sit flush. This will literally give you all the flexibility that you need for anything else going forward.

I have a halo cathedral and a matching pave band and they sit flush. I also had a plain flat band made with wheat engraving and I can switch that out. I have rose gold and yellow gold pave that also work. I wish I had beautifully thin fingers and could do long stacks but it doesn’t work for me. If I could, I would be cramming them all on my finger every day of the week! Instead, I switch things up depending on my mood.

I know the twist bands are really popular right now but they are not practical for a lot of stacking and they are hard to have next to another band and it is a lot of pave. They also start crawling up towards the knuckle just because of overall width. I think what could look very pretty is to have a simple 2 mm u-pave lab diamond band to go with solitaire cathedral and then add that funky band in there in rose gold. Maybe you don’t get that band made right away but save to get one of a little higher quality. I think bands like that look better when the design of the leaves sits in-between the structure of an actual ring rather than free floating. That is when they start getting bent. You can add the mixed metal in-between the pave band and the solitaire and that would act as a spacer actually.

I love that there is so much creativity in ring design now but I think it is easier sometimes to switch up the bands to play around with the look and it won’t date the style so much through the decades. I know people say you should just get what you love but there are some styles that do looked dated faster...there just is.

These lace rings I think that were ordered on WB would really be great for this style you are trying to create. Flip through the pages and look at what hm2012 and pinky58 have created. Both SG and Provence now carry these in a few different ways and colors with lab diamonds. It is the perfect ring for a stack that can also function as a spacer if needed.

https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/the-lacie-lounge-pic-heavy/

https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/lovely-lacies/

Omigosh @swaye2010 ! I actually found that exact ring and fell in love with it too! I don't know that I would want it all around or just the top or if that's an option. I was going to talk to David Klass about it as I'm pretty sure that's who will do the e ring.

I saw a thread yesterday on reddit about over expectations for the Chinese vendors and I'd never want to do that. Though it seems they may have the 2mm band down in yellow gold so it's tempting.

I definitely am leaning towards either the solitaire e ring with the hidden halo or with 1 or 2 rows of pave down the side. Not sure how pave in e ring holds up? Is it a known they have to be replaced if worn 24/7?

Thank you again! I went through all the pages on WB and it's quite stunning! One other thought, would it stand out as much in yellow gold as white? I actually wear a mix now and could go with white on the band. But you're right, this would give me more options and not look clunky!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Omigosh @swaye2010 ! I actually found that exact ring and fell in love with it too! I don't know that I would want it all around or just the top or if that's an option. I was going to talk to David Klass about it as I'm pretty sure that's who will do the e ring.

I saw a thread yesterday on reddit about over expectations for the Chinese vendors and I'd never want to do that. Though it seems they may have the 2mm band down in yellow gold so it's tempting.

I definitely am leaning towards either the solitaire e ring with the hidden halo or with 1 or 2 rows of pave down the side. Not sure how pave in e ring holds up? Is it a known they have to be replaced if worn 24/7?

Thank you again! I went through all the pages on WB and it's quite stunning! One other thought, would it stand out as much in yellow gold as white? I actually wear a mix now and could go with white on the band. But you're right, this would give me more options and not look clunky!
Yes, there is a slight reddit war going on at the moment and things can quickly get out of hand. If you don’t have the stomach for it or you don’t want a full wedding set for $500 or $600, then I would definitely go with a US jeweler. David Klass is very good. If you can get him when he is not overly busy He is a great option and very popular on this forum. I have been using Sam at Debebians for years now and he does all the same work as David too if you want to get more than one quote. I will make a thread for my new ring but I just got it yesterday and the detailing is so phenomenal. You can still get a very nice ring made by the Chinese but to get true craftsmanship, you can’t beat a quality custom design. Sam is right next to DK in LA and you can get a quote from him too if you are interested ([email protected]). He will set outside stones or they sell the Harro & C&C as well for moissanite options.
Here is my new ring:
08478F67-0665-4C2E-898F-33B7B2E94880.jpeg
I don’t have a problem with pave rings. The key again is a quality jeweler, not making the band too thin and people that stand behind their product. I have multiple full eternity rings, I have had them sized by Sam and I think I lost s stone while gardening. I send it to him, they do cleaning, dipping, tightening for you yearly. I think the work is all warranted for the 1st year if you lose a stone. I am sure that DK is much the same. I always go for platinum (PT950/RU) over white gold. I don't mind just regular 14k rose or yellow mixed in. They also offer ‘super white’ that has palladium mixed in now so it never needs dipping and even unplanted white gold is very pretty.

The Lacie ring has been done a lot. The quality has actually been pretty good and the prices in gold have been pretty cheap. If you wanted to get a different metal color, I think that one can be replicate now w/o a problem and about $400-$500 in lab diamonds vs $4000. Really just depends on budget. I would focus the most on the e-ring personally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results