shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on purchasing H&A loose diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sktung

Rough_Rock
I have been reading the forum and trying to learn as much as possible in order to make a smart purchase. I believe at this point I have narrowed down my purchase to the following criteria:

- Hearts & Arrow
- 1.05 to 1.25 carats
- D or E color
- VVS1 to VS2 clarity

I have checked out some of the recommended sellers and have some additional questions:

1) Are all bluenile signature ideal cut H&A?
2) Why is it so difficult to find an H&A that meets my above criteria? Is it due to a general scarcity or do most H&A diamonds sacrifice either color or clarity?
3) Any places to look other than WF, GOG, Excel and NiceIce?

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated - I have only been able to find 2 or 3 diamonds that appear to meet my requirements.

Thank You!

StonesThrow

Rough_Rock
Don't know how many of your direct questions I will answer, but...

Have you tried searching using the PS search? Using what you mentioned above, PS Search came back with five or six stones worth checking out (nine total).

I'd venture a guess that it's going to be very difficult to find a wide range of stones to choose from, given your parameters. But, if you've been reading the forums, then you probably know all the pros and cons of going down in color/clarity, and didn't like the sacrifice, and don't need a lecture on that point. On the other hand, I was a E-VVS1 guy until I found PS and realized how much a stellar cut can affect a diamond's appearance, and ended up purchasing an AGS0 J-SI1.

Another possible option, depending on your timeframe, is to let someone at one of the PS-recommended vendors know what you're looking for, and they can keep an eye out for stones you may want to see.

Hope I helped a bit.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
You have such a narrow range of options that you probably won''t have many diamonds from which to choose. I was able to find some diamonds listed at Good Old Gold and Whiteflash from the parameters you listed. I don''t know if Bluenile signature ideals are H&A or not; you would have to ask them. Here''s one to check out from Whiteflash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/a-cut-above-h-a-cut-diamond-1464061.htm

Realistically, if you''re only buying one diamond, you don''t need to see hundreds of H&A stones. Send 2 or 3 to an independent appraiser and pick one out from the selection.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results