shape
carat
color
clarity

Help narrowing down 4ct Oval choices

DiamondGator11

Rough_Rock
Hello! I know she doesn’t get much love here, but I really love LaurenB’s rings. I tried shopping locally and her prices are much better. Looked at a few places recommended here and her diamonds just seem pretty competitive even though her bands may be a bit high.

Having a hard time deciding on a diamond though. I love this first diamond, but it is considerably more money. It does have a bit of a bow tie, but all of the surrounding facets are large so I actually like the look

The other 2 I like don’t have as large of facets but are still a nice fit. Any thoughts?

E56660FE-6AF9-4A3E-975A-AAF9EC667750.png

DiamondGator11

Rough_Rock
Hello! I know she doesn’t get much love here, but I really love LaurenB’s rings. I tried shopping locally and her prices are much better. Looked at a few places recommended here and her diamonds just seem pretty competitive even though her bands may be a bit high.

Having a hard time deciding on a diamond though. I love this first diamond, but it is considerably more money. It does have a bit of a bow tie, but all of the surrounding facets are large so I actually like the look

The other 2 I like don’t have as large of facets but are still a nice fit. Any thoughts?

E56660FE-6AF9-4A3E-975A-AAF9EC667750.png

Diamond 2-

A55575FF-C8E9-4F9A-84A2-F5785FADC751.png

DiamondGator11

Rough_Rock
Oops, posted diamond 3 twice. Diamond 2- D1B71C61-3C15-4602-8EB6-E0B462780A2F.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @DiamondGator11

This forum is the natural mined diamond forum. You need to hit Report Concern and ask that your thread get moved over to
the Lab Grown Forum here:

They know a lot about lab-created stones (what to look out for etc.)

As far as cut goes, you can click on my avatar name and see some of my posts on oval threads.

Once the thread gets moved I'll try to remember to join you over there!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw, looks like you linked the 4.04 diamond twice.

DiamondGator11

Rough_Rock
Hi @DiamondGator11

This forum is the natural mined diamond forum. You need to hit Report Concern and ask that your thread get moved over to
the Lab Grown Forum here:

They know a lot about lab-created stones (what to look out for etc.)

As far as cut goes, you can click on my avatar name and see some of my posts on oval threads.

Once the thread gets moved I'll try to remember to join you over there!

DiamondGator11

Rough_Rock
Sorry to intrude. I requested the change. I didn’t realize they try to keep them separate. I’m new to the lab created world. I’ll post a picture of my natural stone too.

DiamondGator11

Rough_Rock
Sorry to intrude. I requested the change. I didn’t realize they try to keep them separate. I’m new to the lab created world. I’ll post a picture of my natural stone too.

Attachments

• 1AA66D32-A149-442F-8885-4F694A8D1342.jpeg
    1AA66D32-A149-442F-8885-4F694A8D1342.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 20

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No need to apologize...its not always easy to know where to start threads.

Was there another stone that you were interested in (since the 4.04 stone was linked twice)?

DiamondGator11

Rough_Rock
No need to apologize...its not always easy to know where to start threads.

Was there another stone that you were interested in (since the 4.04 stone was linked twice)?

Yes, I also like this stone. I’m meeting with them virtually to go over the stones tomorrow.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These type of straight up and down videos for ovals are very hard to evaluate. There are good facets (that will return lightwell ) going
through the center of the stone (in the area marked in black). Its the area marked in red that can usually be mushy with facets that
do not return light well. You want to find a stone that has "nice" facets that light up in the red area as the stone moves.

Find a stone that maximizes the "nice" facets and minimize the "mushy" facets.

Screenshot 2022-05-08 114157.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you will be able to see the stones side-by-side during the virtual meeting? That should be a big help in trying to figure
out which one has the best light return (most sparkles, etc.)

DiamondGator11

Rough_Rock
So you will be able to see the stones side-by-side during the virtual meeting? That should be a big help in trying to figure
out which one has the best light return (most sparkles, etc.)

Yes, I will compare them side by side. I’m really leaning towards the 4.5 though. Those big facets get me. Hopefully it doesn’t appear dark when it moves.

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
Have you seen the Distinctive Gem ovals? If not, you should check them out. I do not typically like ovals personally but DG ovals are AMAZING

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
A shame this is type II....amazing cut! Needle in the haystack! Still looking on this site. Their prices are lower than most sites I've researched. Got my 3c MRB from them. Why can't they cut all ovals like this?

zaeaton

Rough_Rock
A shame this is type II....amazing cut! Needle in the haystack! Still looking on this site. Their prices are lower than most sites I've researched. Got my 3c MRB from them. Why can't they cut all ovals like this?

What’s type 2 and what’s wrong with it?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

It has a blue tint and is a different process than the CVD process which do not have that blue tint. But the cut is so phenomenal it might be worth seeing in person.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Link isn't working anymore...do you have the grading report number, DiamondGator11?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Link isn't working anymore...do you have the grading report number, DiamondGator11?

I think this is the same stone.

IGI.png

Just wanted to clarify here that Type IIb designation indicates the presence of boron and potential blue nuance. Type IIa are devoid of boron and have no blue tint. Unfortunately many grading reports tend to simply state Type II without specifying IIa or IIb, so you would need to look at the videos carefully to see if there's any blue nuance.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I think this is the same stone.

IGI.png

Just wanted to clarify here that Type IIb designation indicates the presence of boron and potential blue nuance. Type IIa are devoid of boron and have no blue tint. Unfortunately many grading reports tend to simply state Type II without specifying IIa or IIb, so you would need to look at the videos carefully to see if there's any blue nuance.

Yes, that looks like the same stone. Very nice faceting...no mush!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results