color
clarity

Help name the new PriceScope forum category

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hello Everyone,

after some thinking and requests, we have decided to create a new category for all jewelry non diamond and colored precious colored stone.

We have a few ideas such as:

- Fabulous Faux Jewelry
- Fabulous Faux fun
- Faux Jewelry
- Costume Jewelry

Let us know which one you like or if you have a different suggestion.

Q

Queenie60

Fabulous Faux Jewelry - first choice

Fabulous Faux fun - second choice

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
ohhhhh I like Fabulous Faux Fun

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm boring, Costume Jewelry is my choice :razz:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fabulous Faux fun

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None, my vote would be for "Manmade or Lab created stones & Jewels" - Thank you!!!! It's long overdue - There are a bunch of fabulous precision cut synthetic stones these days and lots of Antique synthetic sapphires, rubies, spinels, etc that back in the day cost as much if not more than real stones, so I've never really understood how people can post pics of things like irradiated topaz, yet stones like Antique lab made stones in expensive settings were banned.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Fabulous Faux Fun or my personal favorite:

Fee Fi Faux Fun

Fee-fi-fo-fum
I smell the blood of an Englishman.
Be he alive or be he dead
I'll grind his bones to make my bread.

or

Fee Fi Faux Fun
I smell precious stones
Be it real or faux
I'll wear it proudly so

:cheeky:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None, my vote would be for "Manmade or Lab created stones & Jewels" - Thank you!!!! It's long overdue - There are a bunch of fabulous precision cut synthetic stones these days and lots of Antique synthetic sapphires, rubies, spinels, etc that back in the day cost as much if not more than real stones, so I've never really understood how people can post pics of things like irradiated topaz, yet stones like Antique lab made stones in expensive settings were banned.

+1

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the Manmade suggestion as well! I'm really excited about this because I have a lot of antique costume jewelry I'd love to post and haven't been able to here.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Agreed! +1 for Manmade or Lab created stones & Jewels

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for Fab Faux Fun!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Lab created diamonds/MMD forum could be expanded to include other lab created stones, and a new forum made for Faux. I like Fabulous Faux Jewelry.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The difference is that irradiation is done on natural stones. Its also (for some stones) acceptable treatment. Synthetics are just that, not real.

I don't have an issue with synthetics, if they're identified as such. They can be very pretty.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choices. I really like the name "Fabulous Faux Fun"

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"All Else That Glitters"...

Or maybe just

"Other Glitters"
"Other Bling"

I don't like the use of "fake" in this context because it seems to imply that the owner is trying to pass it off as something it's not, which may not be the case.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Lab created diamonds/MMD forum could be expanded to include other lab created stones, and a new forum made for Faux. I like Fabulous Faux Jewelry.

This.

Costume jewellery is very different to man-made precious stones, and to include both within one forum could further reinforce the notion that 'created' precious stones are 'fake', even though they are physically/chemically the same as 'mined' precious stones.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Fabulous Faux fun. I'm excited to have a spot to post my lab created jewelry! :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Or maybe just

"Other Glitters"
"Other Bling"

I don't like the use of "fake" in this context because it seems to imply that the owner is trying to pass it off as something it's not, which may not be the case.

I kind of like these categories that VR beauty came up with. Someone posted some lovely silver jewelry...it would fall into the "non diamond and colored precious colored stone" category but it is not faux. So, I'm thinking a name that doesnt mention "faux" in it would be a better category name.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW I'm going to assume colored stones will stay where it is correct?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
"Colored Stones" will stay as it is. The goal is to have a place for everyone to talk about all the other beautiful jewelry everyone has.

Keep up all the feedback!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one for a straightforward name, so those whose English as a second language can find their way easily. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

If there will be a new forum created for showing and discussing, will it follow that people will be able to sell the same items in the pre-loved section?

cheers--Sharon

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Or maybe just

"Other Glitters"
"Other Bling"

I like this as well. I have some non-gemstone jewelry that isn't "fake".

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Andrey-

I have a question. Are you saying that all the "gems" and pieces of jewelry to be discussed in the new forum are going to be synthetic? I really do not like to use the word "faux" if some of them are simply not diamonds but are inexpensive. There is already a forum for people who really want to discuss the details of lab created diamonds and colored stones.

If I had a necklace or bracelet made of tiny coral beads I could, now, I suppose, discuss it on Colored Stones. That is really not the place I would choose to go, however. I usually go there to discuss spinels and rubies and sapphires. If I had a vintage coral bracelet from my mother, I suppose I could take the discussion to an antique/vintage thread now. But what if I liked one my mother had and wanted to find one from a vendor now? I would go to new forum, I think.

I believe I would prefer a forum without the word "faux". "All That Glitters" resonates with me. I would not mind hearing more titles like that, but that sounds great!

Edited to add: Would gold jewelry still be discussed in The Gold Thread? What about silver jewelry?

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the new forum is not for synthetic (i.e. lab created) but for imitation.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All That Glitters

Allows silver and coral as mentioned before while also leaving it open to whatever categories of sparkle anyone wants to talk about.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The difference is that irradiation is done on natural stones. Its also (for some stones) acceptable treatment. Synthetics are just that, not real.

I don't have an issue with synthetics, if they're identified as such. They can be very pretty.

Yes I know that my point wasn't that one is or isn't real my point was that if you pay over $1000+ for a lab made diamond or a lot for a antique synthetic ruby or sapphire and then put that stone into a diamond setting or in the case of antique jewellery is already in a gold or platinum setting previously we were breaking the rules posting that but not a $20.00 irradiated topaz, or a $10.00 natural citrine or anything else for that matter that was "natural" and not man made that could indeed still be considered a lower quality stone.

Maybe you need both if you already have a forum for lab made diamonds then you need two categories or a joined category for lab made coloured stones and "faux" stones which I consider more to be things like plastics, swarovski crystals, glass, etc used as coloured stones. The difference IMHO is that the former mimic the chemical composition of real stones the latter make no effort to do so.

Last edited:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
My goal is to have a place to talk about all the other beautiful bling that we do not have a place for

Another option is to remove a restriction on a current forum such as "Jewelry Pieces".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results