shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! My ering lost a diamond

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Please help! When I arrived home last night, I noticed that my ring was missing a diamond! Poor thing, it looks like it's missing a tooth :cry2: The good news is that it has fallen into the ring, so I have the stone. My question is - is this an easy fix for any NYC jeweler or should I find someone who specializes in antiques? Should I message the original seller? Any tips or recommendations would be much appreciated. 2987935A-917C-4FA4-BAC0-6E327A3E1485.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking from someones who’s had an antique ring taken in for prong work mangled beyond recognition by a ‘normal’ local bench jeweler -
and a different antique ring taken in for prong work by a specialized antique bench jeweler -

its worth finding someone with experience and can prove it with past work portfolio

~what luck that your ring caught the stone!~

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m glad you still have the stone!! Lucky! For this type of thing, yes you definitely need a jeweler with a good bench that can do fine detailed antique repairs. I personally would contact David Klass (although I don’t know if he does repairs). His bench does really nice repro work and could handle this well.

Last edited:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I have an older ring, not quite antique yet, but. I only go to jewelers who specialize in these rings. Sako has done quality repair work but he is in CA. I’m sure there is somebody in NY if you prefer to be local.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I would find someone experienced with antique jewellery. It's probably worth it. Can we see the top view - your ring looks so nice!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You could ask Adam at OWD if his bench would do it. They deal with antiques a lot.

Sako is very good, but he is LA.

I'd talk to Greenwich St Jewelers in NY as well, as they deal in antique pieces. Maybe they have a recommendation. Doyle and Doyle is in NYC too. They may offer repairs and/or have a bench recommendation as they deal w/ antiques.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results