shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Help? Melted Plastic Trouble!

Discussion in 'Family, Home & Health' started by Independent Gal, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Independent Gal
    Ideal_Rock

by Independent Gal » Jan 2, 2008
    Can you guys help my poor brother ? He and SIL hosted a huge New Year''s bash, and some dufus put a plastic cup on a hot burner. It''s melted onto the burner, and now my brother''s trying to figure out how to get the stuff off. Does anyone know any tricks?

The burner is the flat kind (not the coil) which heats up electrically.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. I''m sure he''s not the first person to have this happen? ??

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Eva17
    Brilliant_Rock

by Eva17 » Jan 2, 2008
    try putting a bag of frozen peas on it for a few minutes, then scrape with a straight edge razor.

3. Independent Gal
    Ideal_Rock

Oooh, good idea! I''ll suggest that to him.

Any others?

4. Hudson_Hawk
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Hudson_Hawk » Jan 2, 2008
    Bummer. I''ve done this more times than I can count. Try turning the burner on to reheat the plastic and then scrape it off with a metal spatula while it''s soft.

5. eks6426
    Ideal_Rock

by eks6426 » Jan 2, 2008
    I have one of those stays-hot-forever flat electric stoves too. Just last week I opened a cabinet door and a bunch of plastic straws fell onto the still hot stove. Talk about a mess of melted plastic. After finishing swearing, I learned that using a metal spatual while it was still hot got it off. The little bits at the end I got off with a straight razor blade.

6. door knob solitaire
    Ideal_Rock

by door knob solitaire » Jan 2, 2008
    Island Dreams...what exactly did you say to the stove?? Or were you talking to yourself? Just wondering if you could provide that ...as it may be therapeutic for Indys Brother....

7. eks6426
    Ideal_Rock

by eks6426 » Jan 2, 2008
    Hee, hee, I think I was talking to myself...and my kids who left the straws in a perilous position so they dumped right out (thankfully the kiddies weren''t home to hear my tirade!)

8. Independent Gal
    Ideal_Rock

Ahahaha! My brother has quite the repertoire in the cussing department. So I think he''ll be OK on that one. [​IMG]

I''ve passed along the ideas - hot and cold, spatula and razor - and hopefully he''ll manage to get that stuff off. Bro and SIL are always entertaining, like, 100 people and their friends are pretty rowdy, so I''m amazed their house doesn''t sustain more damage than it seems to!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.