shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me!!

martimcfly33

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am new here so forgive me if I am not posting in the right forum or mistakes of the like. I am losing my wits end trying to find a ring similar to the one I have. I have searched endlessly for this type of ring and, while I have found similar style rings, I can never find an exact match...not even with a different stone in the center. I have searched key terms such as: square bezel setting, square ruby in square illusion head, floating square head bezel center ruby, antique square ruby centre...you get the picture. Please, if you can even just give me a description of what this ring is that would be so helpful. It is a 10kt gold ring (if that's relevant). There are 4 small diamonds on each side of the square ruby (incase you can't see in the pictures) 20200215_165553.jpg 20200215_165529.jpg 20200215_165326.jpg 20200215_165518.jpg 20200215_165421.jpg
20200225_130817_01.jpg 20200225_130939.jpg

Attachments

• 20200215_165326 (1).jpg
    20200215_165326 (1).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: AV_

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
I’d call it a princess cut in a bezel halo with a plain shank. Its an older ring, so you are unlikely to find anything else exactly like it. Some one like David Klass could easily make something similar for you.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its very very pretty
Are you going to shear some back story with us ? ;)2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely older. Possibly dated farther than I can guess.
Duplication without customization will be highly improbable.
You could have it duplicated (or nearly) by an experienced jeweler/craftsman like DK, CVB_ID. Possibly, even IDJ.

martimcfly33

Rough_Rock
I got this ring as a gift from my grandmother many years ago; I just can't find anything online similar. How would you describe this ring when trying to search for it? I think I've tried everything. How would you describe the bigger square with the bezel set ruby in the centre....is that also considered the setting? And the textured background...what are some other ways to say that? This is driving me up the wall lol.

martimcfly33

Rough_Rock
I’d call it a princess cut in a bezel halo with a plain shank. Its an older ring, so you are unlikely to find anything else exactly like it. Some one like David Klass could easily make something similar for you.

I don't need it made. I own this ring. I just kind of wanted an idea of how to search for it. Ive tried everything. When i search "halo" I end up with diamonds all the way around the centre stone. How would u describe the textured "background"?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe square bezel halo?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is it a ruby? Do you have any documentation on it?
Based on the pictures I would say it was a garnet.
Keep in mind a internet picture id is just a wild guess that is easily overridden by a professional in person opinion.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The setting cast piece likely from one of the big suppliers like stullers or a mass merchandise store. I would say probably 1970s and up.

martimcfly33

Rough_Rock
The setting cast piece likely from one of the big suppliers like stullers or a mass merchandise store. I would say probably 1970s and up.

You are right it. It is from Richardson's Jewellery. I'm trying to find search terms for this ring in hopes to find something similar and maybe see what others are selling it for. How would you describe the square "halo" without it popping up a ring of diamonds but rather a "textured surface" with 4 diamonds. I also have an inscription on the inside of ring that says "bee" then 10kt - which throws things off even more.

Thank you for your reply

martimcfly33

Rough_Rock
Is it a ruby? Do you have any documentation on it?
Based on the pictures I would say it was a garnet.
Keep in mind a internet picture id is just a wild guess that is easily overridden by a professional in person opinion.

No documentation which is why I'm having troubles :( I'm 80% sure it's a ruby (lol) - reason being there are slight pink tones under different light. From my understanding garnet has more burgandy/maroon/darker tones....but i've been wrong before.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results