shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with this dress please....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I am doubting my current dress. This doubt escalates to hate. So, I went out this weekend and tried on the dress of my dream which a month ago I thought I couldn''t afford but now I find out that I could. Is this make sense?

So, I am in conflict now on the color of the dress. I need to choose between diamond white or gold/champagne. I tried on the dress in both color but I have only a picture of the diamond white one, I don''t have a picture of the gold because the store doesn''t allow me to take pictures.

I learn that when in doubt, go to pricescope. Could you please help me decide?

Thanks!!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
This is me in diamond white.

RR10 DW - Nn.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
This is another girl in gold. I snatch the picture from the internet.

RR10 GC.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I hate store''s policy that doesn''t allow us to take pictures. I need to take pictures to send them out to my mom who lives 10K miles away from me. This way I can involve her in this choosing-the-dress process.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
So.....can anyone advice me on which color is good? I tried on both dress and I thought I look good in both color. I like the gold because the flower in the gold has a bit of pink shade to it. Its unique.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the dress you have now. Sorry to be blunt. I feel that this dress is WAY too busy. If you want to change your mind, you should go dress shopping again, and not go straight to the dress of your dreams. I would want to make sure that this time, I won't change my mind about the dress. KWIM? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Good luck, joelly!

ETA: So you've decided on this dress! I like the gold/champagne on you.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! So, you have the dress in white, but thinking you like the gold better?

Ultimately, its your decision, but it IS the same dress. The white looks great on you!

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I like them both. I think the diamond white would be great for a more classic style wedding while the gold would be good if you really like vintage looking pieces.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Her current dress

I say gold because it''s more interesting, but I think this dress has a lot going on with it, and if you are really that displeased with your current dress, you need to do some further dress shopping besides just going straight for the dream dress. I''ve found that the dresses I haven''t loved on the hanger often came to life on my body. So I''d look more too.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... I actually prefer this dress over the other one- I think this is a lot more unique and less run-of-the-mill. The other gown looks fine on your body, but it''s a very safe choice. If you don''t think you''ll start to love your original dress, perhaps a new purchase is the right thing to do. But reaaaally make sure it''s what you want- I bought a second gown and ended up going back to my original... and then lost they money spent on dress #2.

I prefer the gold color.

Also- are you willing to shop around a bit more to be CERTAIN that this ''dream dress'' is really what you want?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 1:33:49 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Her current dress

I say gold because it''s more interesting, but I think this dress has a lot going on with it, and if you are really that displeased with your current dress, you need to do some further dress shopping besides just going straight for the dream dress. I''ve found that the dresses I haven''t loved on the hanger often came to life on my body. So I''d look more too.

Thanks for posting this Freke! I prefer your "dream dress" over your current dress. I like the gold as well, but it is busy. What were you thinking for accessories/flowers etc. I think you have to keep that in mind, ie: if you want an elaborate bouquet with multiple types of flowers, it may be too much. You have to think about the whole picture of yourself on your wedding day ;-)

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I think both are gorgeous! I am partial to vintage details so I would probably go with the gold myself.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve seen this dress in person in both color choices and I prefer the gold.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like the white better.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the white

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i am of the gold camp, since mine is champange and ivory :)

i love how it looks on you!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
eta - after seeing you in your old dress, i prefer how this one fits your body. i think it gives you great curves, and is definately a show stopper.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Based on the two photos, I prefer the white. I'm not crazy about how the flowers on the bodice of the gold dress are highlighted so much- are the flowers gold but the background white? That's what it looks like in the photo.

However, it's hard to really tell what the two colors look like from these two different photos. Do you have any friends in the area who could go to the bridal salon with you to help you decide on the color?

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
hey, if it''s your dream dress, it''s your dream dress.
you can afford it, so go for it. no regrets!

i like the white for your skin tone.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
joelley, i remember your 1st dress and it is beautiful but to be honest, after seeing this "dream dress" - i''m blown away! i love this one, it''s truly unique but definitely busier than the other dress.

i have to agree with the other ladies though, before you jump the gun on this new one, shop around more and then decide. but ultimately, go with what makes YOU (not your mom, or anyone else) happy. HTH
1.gif

-Cleo

p.s. i''d go for the white!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to say it but I really like this dress much more than your other one (1st dress). I think the gold would
look beautiful with your skin.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I think this dress flatters your figure MUCH more than the other dress. I think I like it in white since it contrasts more with your beautiful skin tone, but I like them both!

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
If you''re going to go with this dress, I think the gold looks better with your skin tone.

I really think that you should go out and look at other dresses before you buy this one, because you don''t want another bout of buyer''s remorse. This style is much more flattering to your figure--maybe go try on a few more dresses that are fitted through the hips like this one. If you love this dress after trying the other ones on, you''ll know it is the one for you.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!
21.gif
I am so blown away by all these response. Thank you so much for this. Everyone, thank you, thank you to be blunt. I need it!!! I will def look around for more dresses before making my decision. I might decide to go with the original one.

I took two days off of work just to try on dresses. My FI will be the chauffeur but he can''t come in to see me in my dresses. Yesterday I went to several stores and try on other designers and def more dresses that shows the curve I didn''t know I have. I admit that the first dress is the safest choice for me thats why I bought it. Its not ugly but after trying other dresses that shows my curve, I was floored. I didn''t know I have curves.

What I like about this dress (beside it shows my curve) is that it reminds me of my Dad''s rose gardens. He has garden full of flowers, such as roses, hibiscus, forget-me-not, and lots of bougenville. When I visit him last spring, his garden was blooming. My Dad can''t be here for my wedding so I thought at least I wear something that reminds me of him back home. Forgive me for being silly but thats just me.

I made a mistake by buying my first dress, I know that now and I need to learn from it. My FI is willing to help me with the cost of the second dress if I decided to buy another one. Isn''t he the sweetest thing ever? I guess with all the mistakes I made in this world, I may have done something nice to deserve such a guy.

Oh well....before I turn teary and all....I need to be off to another store.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results