shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with setting an emerald..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, I recently received a .25ct Oval emerald ring for a christmas gift but I dun really like the setting.. Any suggestions on how to set it? I was thinking of setting the emerald with 2 side trilions or traps or hearts, but I am not sure will it work because I usually see this setting with a bigger main stone.. Any suggestions are welcome..

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Depends on your style, what about this one?
Also Gurhan hammered high karat gold style is very classy for small gems and you can add more staking rings with different gems including diamond later.

emer0.25.jpg

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is lovely, but I was thinking something with side stones.. I found some but I dun know if it looks too small?

oval 0.43ct side 0.90ctw.jpg

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Do u think it will look too small proportionally? My ring size is 4.5

.28 emerald .24 dia sides.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the bezel setting PS posted...especially because it would maybe provide better protection for an emerald. Otherwise I would think some slim tapered baguettes might be pretty?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about a thin halo, which will also protect the stone?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo yay for the halo idea, too! (Good form, DF!)

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh halo sounds good too.. How about something like this?

ruby halo.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be So pretty, Threepwood! Do you have any pics of your new emerald? I would love to see it, as I''m sure others here would as well! Please?
9.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
That emerald in the first picture is actually .25 ct, so yes i think your stone is too small for any nicely proportioned halo or side stone designs.
Stack thin simple bezels of textured yellow gold is what i would do. What is your budget, may be it''s enough to set this emerald and a couple other small stones which should not cost much?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://www.kgoldschmidtjewelers.com/pages/pro_14.html

There are several pages of K. Goldschmidt antique reproduction styles on this and pages following it on their website. Your center stone is a small one that needs some other stones, but also could benefit from some metal work adornment such as with these old, classic styles. There are many retailers who carry Goldschmidt products and from my own experience I know they have many styles that a small oval colred stone center would work very well with. Any of their rings in white gold can be made in yellow.... Very flexible designs.

There are other firms like this one, but there is lots to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results