shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me understand this stone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone, I need some help understanding this stone. It is graded by an old GIA report, number 13555417 here is the information I get from the GIA site and the cert. However, it shows no crown or pavilion angles. Is it possible to understand how this stone will preform without crown and pavilion angles? Can you get any information about the quality of the stone just by the information that is provided?

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report

Date of Issue: August 28, 2004

Laser Inscription Registry: 13555417

Round Brilliant

Measurements: 6.44 - 6.49 x 3.97 mm

Carat Weight: 1.01

Color Grade: H

Clarity Grade: SI2

Proportions:

Depth: 61.4 %

Table: 56 %

Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

Comments: Additional twinning wisps are not shown. Surface graining is not shown.

Chase035

Shiny_Rock
It was graded before GIA included these numbers on their report. If you haven''t purchased it yet, insist on having the stone regraded before purchase.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See if the vendor can run a Sarin report on the diamond to get the c and p angles, also an Idealscope image would be useful. But before that, check the diamond is eyeclean and that it matches your expectations of ' eyecleanliness!'

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the vendor will not send the stone back to GIA for regrading (takes a lot of time and some money), ask for a Sarin report and an Idealscope picture from the vendor.

Lorelei,
We cross posted the very same advice.
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2007 12:27:07 PM
Author: Chrono
If the vendor will not regrade the stone (takes a lot of time and some money), ask for a Sarin report and an Idealscope picture from the vendor.
Hehehe - great minds think alike Chronie!
36.gif
36.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
What if it is not from a vendor but a private seller. Would you caution me to stay away. The price is actually very very good and that is what is drawing me in.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, without seeing the stone in person, I cannot tell anything about the cut. Are you able to see the stone in person? If you do, I'd recommend getting your own idealscope and checking the stone out yourself. There is no way anyone can guess how the stone will perform without the crown and pavilion angles and these 2 work together in combination.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Also the stone and the setting a ritani (the stone is set so I don''t know if you can even get ideal scope images.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2007 12:36:32 PM
Author: AllieLuv83
What if it is not from a vendor but a private seller. Would you caution me to stay away. The price is actually very very good and that is what is drawing me in.
If you like it and the price is right, then I would suggest getting an independant appraisal on the diamond to make sure it checks out. Your own eyes are the best judge and as you have seen it, then that is the main thing. You could buy an Idealscope and check it out yourself.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2007 12:40:46 PM
Author: AllieLuv83
Also the stone and the setting a ritani (the stone is set so I don''t know if you can even get ideal scope images.
Yes, you can also view the diamond through an idealscope when it is mounted. That''s the beauty of the IScope, it is cheap, easy to use and it works.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
So here is the deal, the transaction is over an Ebay type site. She provided me with all the information about the stone and just really wants to rid herself of the ring, (broken engagement I believe) I would totally and completely have no hesitations to buy if the crown and pavilion were provided and I could run the numbers however they are not. I am hesitant because what if the stone is ugly? Well not ugly but you know what I mean. I am not looking for a perfect stone just a pretty, eye clean one. My heart is telling me yes and my head is telling me to keep moving...WHAT TO DO?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too many stories about people getting burned Al...

*I* would only do it if I could have it sent to an appraiser who would also act as an escrow agent. If the stone checks out, the $ goes to the seller. If not, the ring goes back to the seller and the $ goes to me. That way there is no possibility to get screwed.

But that''s just me...
1.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Callie,

So I should send the money to the appraiser and she should send the ring to him and when it checks out then he sends her the money and me the ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results