shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me quick CS experts! Chrysoberyl? Thinking about purchasing this ring.

landscape

Shiny_Rock
I love chrysoberyl--it's such a beautiful choice in gems! I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like chrysoberyl to me. If it is, I think maybe it could be synthetic??? It's a different sort of green, then what I've seen in chrysoberyl. I do think it's a lovely gem and a very pretty ring, though.

Maybe some of the collectors/colored stone experts on here can weigh in. I'm thinking of maybe @T L , @Nosean, @landscape, @Lexililac . I know there are other people here that might know a lot about chrysoberyl, but I can't think of them off of the top of my head.

High probability synthetic vanadium chrysoberyl produced by Kyocera Corp .Green Chrysoberyl like this is usually vanadium-Chrysoberyl. natural vanadium-chrysoberyl like this is very expensive. It is impossible to buy a 3-carat natural vanadium-chrysoberyl for $650 。I have a 1.8ct natural vanadium-Chrysoberyl like this colour, which cost me 4000+ dollars

I suggest you to get a professional certificate. If it is a natural Chrysoberyl, congratulations, you have made a lot of money

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
High probability synthetic vanadium chrysoberyl produced by Kyocera Corp .Green Chrysoberyl like this is usually vanadium-Chrysoberyl. natural vanadium-chrysoberyl like this is very expensive. It is impossible to buy a 3-carat natural vanadium-chrysoberyl for $650 。I have a 1.8ct natural vanadium-Chrysoberyl like this colour, which cost me 4000+ dollars

I suggest you to get a professional certificate. If it is a natural Chrysoberyl, congratulations, you have made a lot of money

If it were synthetic produced by this company would the price be fair?

landscape

Shiny_Rock
If it were synthetic produced by this company would the price be fair?

I think even the synthetic Chrysoberyl $650 is okay. After all, white gold and production also cost a several hundred dollars, right? If it is a natural Chrysoberyl, it is unexpectedly lucky

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I think even the synthetic Chrysoberyl $650 is okay. After all, white gold and production also cost a several hundred dollars, right? If it is a natural Chrysoberyl, it is unexpectedly lucky

I looked up the company you mentioned but their website (on my phone) is a bit strange and I can’t find pricing. I’ll look later at my PC :)

ETA - yes to make a gold setting would be $$ bc gold is so dern high. But it’s an old ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results