shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me pretty please :) Novice here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcassandra

Rough_Rock
I want to purchase this diamond, but i am unsure on whether i am getting ripped off ( like i did when i purcahse my last car :)

Also is this a sparkly considered ring?
It is a round solitaire
2.02 carats
( this is the part i am unsure of ) Even though i have read alot about it
total depth - 60.0 %
Table Width - 58%
Crown Height - 14%
Pavilion Depth 44%
Girdle THickness Very Thin, Faceted

Finish
Polish Excellent
Symetry Excellent
Cutlet - none
Grade vs2
Color H

For 16k is this a good deal?
Or am i being over charged?
Thanks for any and all of your replies

Have a nice day :)

DOC TOO

Rough_Rock
Need more information, if you can. First, have a CERT? Do you know the crown and pavillion angles? Appx. $. Most important---get an APPRAISAL, by someone NOT associated with the seller. Hope this helps, Just my opinion.

DOC TOO

Rough_Rock
Also, as for "sparkly'', you might try putting your diamonds specs in the CUT ADVISOR under TOOLS above. This might help you.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
jcassandra,

Since you''re posting crown and pavillion percentages (instead of angles) then my bet is we''re talking about an EGL diamond.

EGL is good, but odds are your "H" is very well an "I" on the GIA scale and your "VS2" could very well be an "SI1". Once those adjustments are factored into the equation your price becomes fair but not outstanding.

We have a diamond in the office right now that we brought in for inspection. It''s also an EGL two carat diamond of "H" color and "VS2" clarity. I checked the stone and felt the color was right but the clarity was iffy. I told the client that I thought GIA would grade the stone as H-SI1, but that the stone was still a great deal because the diamond was 100% eye-clean and was selling for less than a comparable GIA diamond of "H-SI1" quality. That''s the same kind of analysis that can really help you in this situation.

Hope this helps.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hard to say really, I put in the %''s and HCA gave me 3.7 which IMO is not a great score when you are spending $16k.

You need to get Sarin information, ANGLES of the crown and pavilion and then people can tell you more.

Have you seen it in person? Does it sparkle? Do you have an IdealScope to gauge light return?

The price does not sound bad at all, but it really depends on WHAT you are buying. Aka a well-cut diamond or a mediocre-cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results