carat
color
clarity

Help me pick between these pad coloured stones

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need help!!!!!!

I've been given the opportunity by a very nice person to buy one of these pad coloured stones.

The smaller round one is an actual pad sapphire
0.55ct
5.1mm
Perfect, absolutely perfect pad colour

Mahenge pad coloured spinel
7.93mm by 6 (forgot ct weight but dont really care)
Really close to perfect but very nice person says it's more orange.

Which one????? Do I go for size or small and mighty perfect Pad?????

They are both that saturated pad shade I love. I do not like light pads.

HELP!!!!!!

20190417_165259.jpg
received_421040508658930.jpeg
Ignore the left stone
20190417_165223.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to the trade, padparadcha color is a light pastel, so there is technically no such thing as a “darker pad.” Nomenclature aside, if you’re after an orangy-pink colored gem, I would choose the one with the color you love best, as long as the price is fair and all treatments are properly disclosed. It is worth noting there are some new deposits of orangy pink garnets as well worth considering.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You take the round pad and I’ll take the spinel. ;)2 :whistle:

In all seriousness, I can see that you already bought all three. Congrats. I can’t wait to see your pics. What’s the rectangular one on the left?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You take the round pad and I’ll take the spinel. ;)2 :whistle:

In all seriousness, I can see that you already bought all three. Congrats. I can’t wait to see your pics. What’s the rectangular one on the left?

Burmese spinel! Isn't it a beauty??? Got that two! Hehe got that first actually! Was trying to chose between the other two but what the heck! I want to see what both look like and I am VERY lucky to have been offered them.

The rectangular burmese spinel is:
1.08 cts
7.39mm by 5.32

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I would've voted real pad, since it's a real pad and the perfect color you're looking for. But congrats on all three!

voce

Ideal_Rock
They're all three beautiful. Congrats! :kiss2:

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Voce, that red stone on your ring :love::drool: is it a ruby or spinel?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Voce, that red stone on your ring :love::drool: is it a ruby or spinel?
Ruby, and an unheated one at that. It's the ring that started all this madness (my love for gemstones). I thought you had seen it before? Seeing it reminds me of df since it's my ering.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Ruby, and an unheated one at that. It's the ring that started all this madness (my love for gemstones). I thought you had seen it before? Seeing it reminds me of df since it's my ering.

I don't know, I'm here so sporadically and see so many rings and gems I don't remember what I've seen and who has/wants what. Or maybe it's just so pretty I have to ask every time :mrgreen: I'm usually over-obsessing and only thinking of the gems I want. Someday I'd love an unheated ruby just like yours. Pardon me, I'm a busy worker and college student who can't keep her mind together.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe I will keep this thread to update you guys on what I do with these stones!

In sunlight

56917745_821629994887126_8114617630867849216_n.jpg

Jewel7

Rough_Rock
Hi mellowyellowgirl,

All your 3 pink stones are lovely. I’m a newbie looking for mahenge spinel and pad sapphire. Newbie to this forum as well and I looked high and low and could not find a “private message” button. I wish to ask whether you could share the contact of the nice person who sold you the 3 pink stones? I gather it may not be convenient to share hence referenced as nice person? But thought I’ll try my luck anyway. Thank you.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi mellowyellowgirl,

All your 3 pink stones are lovely. I’m a newbie looking for mahenge spinel and pad sapphire. Newbie to this forum as well and I looked high and low and could not find a “private message” button. I wish to ask whether you could share the contact of the nice person who sold you the 3 pink stones? I gather it may not be convenient to share hence referenced as nice person? But thought I’ll try my luck anyway. Thank you.

Hi There

So sorry but unfortunately I am unable to share any contact details as this very nice person is just a collector who has generously shared some of their collection with me.

You can start a thread and the others will be able to direct you to some PS vendors who might have what you're looking for.

Cheers

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rad_Fan sorry to drag you in here but could you pretty please post the lotus chart for pad and pink colours of sapphires?

You did a blue for the OP in the other thread and it was fascinating. I didn't want to detail their thread. Thank you:kiss2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying all three was an excellent PS type answer!!!! :lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying all three was an excellent PS type answer!!!! :lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap:

Oh you don't know how hard it is for me not to catch a train to set the pad right now. 40 min on the train and I could be wearing it in a few hours.

But self control and all that boring nonsense. BOOOO :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results