shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band for Edwardian inspired three stone

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
I'm slightly torn on a wedding band. I'm relatively recently engaged and I absolutely adore my Edwardian inspired three stone. I can't decide what wedding band to pair with it. I'm inclined to have a 3 pt. eternity band made similar to the Tiffany Embrace band pictured below. At the same time, I love a simple metal band! Do you think this eternity band is too large for my ring? IMG_3532.PNG IMG_4679.PNG

Attachments

• Ring.pdf
    11.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
I'm really torn on a wedding band. I'm relatively recently engaged and I absolutely adore my Edwardian inspired three stone. I can't decide what wedding band to pair with it. I'm inclined to have a 3 pt. eternity band made similar to the Tiffany Embrace band pictured below. At the same time, I love a simple metal band! Do you think this eternity band is too large for my ring? IMG_3532.PNG IMG_4679.PNG

I think they both look really pretty. I probably like the gold band more, but the eternity band looks good too. Get both! Haha! Your engagement ring is beautiful!! What size are the stones?

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
I think they both look really pretty. I probably like the gold band more, but the eternity band looks good too. Get both! Haha! Your engagement ring is beautiful!! What size are the stones?

Thank you!! Haha I like your thinking! My center is just over a carat, and the sides are both around .78 on a size 3.25 finger

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I very much prefer the slim gold band. Gorgeous. It looks more period appropriate and keeps the focus on the beautiful e-ring rather than the "wall of bling all merging into one" look.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A size 3.25! Enviable ring size and some serious finger coverage. I think a plain gold band looks best. Those stones need to be front and center with no distractions.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the simple gold band because it allows your ering to shine!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the gold band. I think the eternity band stones are too large and distract from your ering. I would go smaller.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
What about an Edwardian style wedding band? (I'm not sure if there is an exact such thing but when I googled the phrase some lovely vintage bands with engraving popped up).

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the plain band... then you can add a smaller diamond band to the other side later on for "dressier" events. I love the combo of diamond-yellow gold- diamonds.

I would get both bands! I think your e-ring/YG band/eternity combo would look absolutely deadly. If you just want to buy one of them, honestly both look great but I’m a sucker for mixed metals so I’d go YG.

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
I would get both bands! I think your e-ring/YG band/eternity combo would look absolutely deadly. If you just want to buy one of them, honestly both look great but I’m a sucker for mixed metals so I’d go YG.

Oh honestly I love this idea. I might use the gold band as my spacer since I’d need one anyway

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
Another vote for the plain band... then you can add a smaller diamond band to the other side later on for "dressier" events. I love the combo of diamond-yellow gold- diamonds.

Yes I love that idea!

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
What about an Edwardian style wedding band? (I'm not sure if there is an exact such thing but when I googled the phrase some lovely vintage bands with engraving popped up).

That’s an interesting idea!

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
A size 3.25! Enviable ring size and some serious finger coverage. I think a plain gold band looks best. Those stones need to be front and center with no distractions.

Yes I see what you mean! Thank you!

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
I very much prefer the slim gold band. Gorgeous. It looks more period appropriate and keeps the focus on the beautiful e-ring rather than the "wall of bling all merging into one" look.

Yes I can see what you mean! Thank you!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They both look lovely. I would get both as it is nice to change up the look of the set.

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
Here are a couple slightly better photos of the eternity band. My only issue with a smaller diamond band is just feel sometimes that when you go smaller than 3mm you don't get the same performance. I'm wondering about going with the people who have suggested to get both and either stack or change it up

IMG_4697.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_4698.PNG
    IMG_4698.PNG
    633.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4699.PNG
    IMG_4699.PNG
    624.8 KB · Views: 8

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think you might like the additional -- yet subtle -- visual interest of an engraved band, consider David Klass in LA. I don't know who does the engraving for DK, but we've seen some marvelously engraved bands & ring shanks from him here on PS. Here's a Facebook page of his with some examples of bands:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely get both. I got my eternity when I had my first baby and almost always wear all three but I do mix it up depending on how I feel.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't Tiffany make this ring in a 2mm version? Might be worth trying before you decide. I think the 3mm is a bit too large for your beautiful engagement ring and takes away from it. I would definitely get two bands - one plain and one diamond - if you decide to go with a diamond band.

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
Doesn't Tiffany make this ring in a 2mm version? Might be worth trying before you decide. I think the 3mm is a bit too large for your beautiful engagement ring and takes away from it. I would definitely get two bands - one plain and one diamond - if you decide to go with a diamond band.

They do! For some reason I didn't love it, but here is a photo! IMG_4700.PNG

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple slightly better photos of the eternity band. My only issue with a smaller diamond band is just feel sometimes that when you go smaller than 3mm you don't get the same performance. I'm wondering about going with the people who have suggested to get both and either stack or change it up

IMG_4697.PNG

I agree with you, I much prefer this size over the smaller one.
Honestly, this is IMO perfect. And when you want to "bling down" the look, easy to switch to the gold band.
:love: :love: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also get both, with the eternity in the bigger size. Usually I prefer the band not to overshadow the ering, but there is something about the bigger one that looks more balanced.

And I would wear all 3 with the plain gold band in the middle :kiss2:

Agree with everyone who says that the smaller eternity doesn’t work as well as the bigger for your ring. I think it’s because your 3 stone doesn’t have a huge mm difference between the three stones, so it’s a wall of bling anyway, and so the bigger eternity balances out very well. The smaller one is just getting swallowed.

silkandsapphires

Rough_Rock
Agree with everyone who says that the smaller eternity doesn’t work as well as the bigger for your ring. I think it’s because your 3 stone doesn’t have a huge mm difference between the three stones, so it’s a wall of bling anyway, and so the bigger eternity balances out very well. The smaller one is just getting swallowed.

I totally agree, the 2mm just looks odd with my ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results