shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a wedding band to go with my OEC e-ring!

persephone76

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers! I've been lurking here for quite some time, and I have learned SO MUCH from you all (thank you!).

I'm trying to find a wedding band to go with my 1.54 ct OEC engagement ring, from Leigh Nacht. It is an N colored stone and I LOVE the ivory look of this stone. It's set in a 18k white gold replica Edwardian setting which is very delicate in appearance in person.

I initially planned to get a leon mege string theory band, so I thought I would try on the Tiffany Metro to get an idea of how it would look...and I didn't love it:

I think the pave ended up looking a little blingy and too white next to my stone. Anyway, I'm now considering the following bands, and I wanted to see what PSers think before I take the plunge!

These are the options:

This French cut and European cut eternity from Single Stone (would be done in 18k to match my e-ring)...and I do have a pic of my e-ring next to a similar band from SS, which I can post later:

The Leon Mege helix band (yep, I know it will be blingy too, but I do feel the shape may complement my ring). I can only upload 4 pics, so here's the link:
http://www.micropave.com/index.php/bands/helix-string-band.html

Or this vintage french cut eternity (unfortunately, in PT):

What do you all think? I'm open to other suggestions! I'm finding it hard to complement this style without overwhelming it's delicate appearance!

august11 365.JPG

august11 715.JPG

TR240.jpg

photo(1).PNG

persephone76

Rough_Rock
This is my ring next to the similar single stone band:

ETA: sorry the pic quality is not the best on these, I mostly just snapped quick pics for my own reference!

photo(7).JPG

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I might be wrong here but I think it is a bad idea to mix white gold and PLT rings. I thought they could wear each other out and ruin the rings?

have you checked out the eternity ring by Jbeg? They have a singature one that I love- but can't remember the name of. It is similar in style to the singlestone choice. Those would be my first pick.

persephone76

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621|1313621562|2992914 said:
I might be wrong here but I think it is a bad idea to mix white gold and PLT rings. I thought they could wear each other out and ruin the rings?

have you checked out the eternity ring by Jbeg? They have a singature one that I love- but can't remember the name of. It is similar in style to the singlestone choice. Those would be my first pick.

Yeah, I have heard that about mixing metals, so it's definitely a consideration...I think I was mainly looking at the vintage ring bc it's 1/3 the price ;-).

I have looked at the JBEG ring...I requested a quote last week but never heard back...also, according to the estimate on the jbeg website, it's probably more expensive than the SS ring (though possibly the tcw would be slightly higher).

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slightly off-topic, but -- OP -- your ER ring is just gorgeous! I love the color of your OEC -- do you know if the N has any fluor or not?

More on topic -- I'm thinking with the filigree-style of your ER ring, maybe the eternity band could alternate a pattern of milgrained diamond, then milgrained metal? If the diamond is a baguette, the metal could be round, or vice versa? Somehow I think the alternating pattern will lend a vintage-y effect that will complement your ER ring and not compete with it...

stci

Ideal_Rock
The last one is to die for with you marvelous ering! No matter to melt different type of metal for me. It's really beautiful!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! :love: :love: :love:

I'm not loving any of those bands with your e-ring though. I would scour the internet for a new-old-stock orange blossom eternity. Something like this:

ETA- or as an alternative but similar look, look at Van Craeynest!

traub.jpg

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Kelpie, your ring is beautiful and I think a lovely slim antique carved band would look perfect with it.

persephone76

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for your feedback, I REALLY appreciate it!

@marymm--Thanks so much! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who appreciates these low color stones! I took a look at the GIA certificate, no fluorescence. (It's also a VS1, if anyone cares!). You know, I have been looking for something like that with alternating stones/milgrain, or even with colored stones...I just haven't found one I love as much as I love these other bands on their own. I actually asked at single stone to see something with less diamonds, and there wasn't much. The only rings I have found like that have had intricate patterns (there's actually a fay cullen one I swoon over, but the bad cs rumors freak me out!)

@stci--thanks! I am really falling hard for those french cuts!

@kelpie--thank you! I was just thinking about an orange blossom. I do love them, I guess I was just hoping to add a little sparkle too. I think I am going to get one anyway, just even to have on a day I'm feeling like having a simpler band. I love Van Craynest, but most of the pics I have seen look "chunky" if that makes sense...my e-ring is *super* delicate with a low "rise" on the sides, and I'm not sure if it would work, but you have inspired me to spend some time looking through the Van Craeynest threads!

@Lottie UK--Thank you very much! I'm going to try some on!

I guess I have some more thinking to do...I think I am leaning towards something with french cuts at the moment, and maybe I'll also grab an orange blossom switch out with it and/or stack when I'm not wearing my e-ring. :naughty: Hmm...

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Pics often look chunky when the real thing is anything but. Do you have a retailer near you? I was fortunate to see some Van Craeynest engagement rings in person at a local jeweler and they are extremely refined and detailed pieces, gosh they are expensive though.

persephone76

Rough_Rock
kelpie|1313751902|2994118 said:
Pics often look chunky when the real thing is anything but. Do you have a retailer near you? I was fortunate to see some Van Craeynest engagement rings in person at a local jeweler and they are extremely refined and detailed pieces, gosh they are expensive though.

Good point, Kelpie! Does anyone happen to know of a retailer in Los Angeles or Santa Barbara? I don't see anything on the VC website...I suppose I should give them a call.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lottie UK|1313702453|2993701 said:
I agree with Kelpie, your ring is beautiful and I think a lovely slim antique carved band would look perfect with it.
I also agree with this.

persephone76

Rough_Rock
I just want to thank everyone so much for your input. I decided to go with the Single Stone TR240 eternity with alternating OEC's and french cuts (it's the first one pictured above). I saw it in person and it is so flipping gorgeous I don't even have words. The french cuts look so lovely next to my OEC, the way the light catches them really complements each other well. Mine will be ready in 4-6 weeks. :appl:

Anyway, you all did inspire me to hunt down a vintage orange blossom band to pair with either or both rings. I wish I could afford a van craeynest too...but sadly I can't :(. But I will say I took a close look at the VC thread and WOW, some stunning rings in there! Even though my choice seems to be the less popular one here, vote wise, this thread really helped me think it through and I really REALLY appreciate that! I will post pics once it's ready!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
I don't really have any advice on a wedding band, I really wanted to reply and say HOLY COW what a gorgeous diamond ring! I agree, I love the ivory look of your stone. Enjoy wearing that wonderful ring and let us know what band you decide on =)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Persephone will SS match the color of the diamonds they use to your stone? Some others with M color stones here have had K color french cuts in their settings and the colors really suit one another. Just a thought! It is likely a subtle difference, but if I had an M/N color stone I would go that route -- Little Grey Kitten is one example of K color french cuts with her M color OEC.

gailz

Rough_Rock
I have a vintage TRAUB that is absolutely gorgeous. It is an eternity ring. It has a dainty band of beautiful diamonds set in platinum all the way around and then (I think it is rose gold) on each side of the platinum band. The gold has wholes in the design. I am wearing it right now. So pretty. I think a size six. In perfect condition. If you are interested I could post a photo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results