Help me pick a new Kate Spade handbag!

Which handbag do you prefer:

• Pebbled garnet red leather

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Patent croc-print reddish-brown leather

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys, ny husband gave me a Kate Spade gift certificate for our anniversary back in May, but I''ve been holding out for the new fall collection to spend it. There are two bags that I''m torn between, and I''ve seen them both in person, but I still can''t decide. I was looking for something in a red, because I don''t have a red handbag yet and really wanted one. The first one is pebbled red leather, and it was the one that I kind of preferred, but all my friends liked the other one a little better. The second is croc-print patent leather, and it''s not so much a bright red, it''s dark reddish brown. I know that the patent leather animal skins are really hot right now, but I''m not sure if it''s "me." I''ve polled all my girlfriends though, and everyone likes the croc. Maybe I just have bad taste?!?! ;-) Let me know what you guys think you prefer. Also, I am a SAHM, so my daily uniform is usually jeans, ballet flats, and a cute or sexy top, but I never wear business attire.

Here are the choices:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the pebbled garnet red leather bag:

pKSLCI1-4758401regkatered.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the reddish-brown patent croc-print:

pKSLCI1-4742243regkatecaramel.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Since they are essentially the same bag with different leathers...I would opt for the more dramatic croc pattern. I think the croc looks more expensive, refined and dynamic. It's a bag I notice, where as the peddled leather is ordinary to me and doesn't "jump" or make my shoulder long for it.

I love the red. Red bags are hot, and super sexy...and Kate Spade comes out with really beautiful trendy bags in really fun, interesting materials...and since the faux/real animal texture is in this year, why not get the latest greatest!?!?!? The peddled leather, to me, is more classic...something you could get away with year after year, and likewise, will be a design you'll most likely see again and again in her upcoming lines. Kate Spade also tends to be one of the more affordable designers, so next year or for the holidays even, you could treat yourself to the other bag...maybe by then it will have even found its way to the outlet!!!

For me, I like to buy really fun bags that will eventually become more vintage ... I'm always jumping on the Limited Editions, or trendy bags. I feel that it's okay to really find that one great piece to add and use for just a little while, then tuck away until everything old becomes new again. I honestly look forward to owning once in a lifetime bags that may not always be "hot" or "in" but will absolutely be forever part of trend or a time piece.

ETA: In the end its your bag...and a lovely gift from your DH. You should own whatever feels right to you and appeals most. I think if you feel more drawn, even just a bit, to the peddled leather...then thats your answer regardless what anyone else thinks.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Italia! I think that it would be "no contest" for the patent leather if it were redder, but it looked more brown to me in person than on the website, and I really didn''t want brown
7.gif
But, it''s still a really pretty bag! And you know what, you''re right about the regular red one making it''s way to the outlet - there''s a Kate Spade outlet down the road from me, so I can always check in periodically to see if they get it. I may just go back to the Kate Spade boutique tomorrow to take another look - such a hard choice! :)

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the reddish brown... just so much more versatile. I do love red, but I like to wear a bag for a while and then just get a new one... I''m not real big on switching bags everyday!

Tell DH good job on the gift! He''s a smart man!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I headed down to KS again today to take a look, and I''m sticking with the patent leather croc print bag. When I got home & showed my husband, he said, oh good, I liked that one so much better anyway. Thanks for your input - it looks like most people liked that one as well, and when I went down there again to see both in person, I was leaning toward the patent leather.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I was going to give my opinion but I see you''ve already decided. Congrats on your new Kate Spade!! I love her designs.. they''re so classic!
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the croc bag- its just more visually interesting and stylish. How exciting!!!! Make sure to post pics when u get it!
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looooove the croc bag! Classic and elegant yet current at the same time.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if you watch or not, but on Sex in the city last night... it was the one where Samantha hadn''t had her period... while everyone else was having theirs together... and they are all in the bathroom basically sharing a box of tampons and Carrie says she''s not tampax central and for everyone to get their own... and it was so funny... Charlotte says "I have plenty at home but they won''t fit in my KATE SPADE purse" to which Miranda replies "Kate must have a tiny vagina" I immediately thought of YOU hahahahahahaha!!! It was funny... I can''t imagine a purse that a tampon wouldn''t fit in! funny anyhow though! LOL!

How are you liking your new KS bag?!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 12:14:03 PM
Author: LuckyTexan
I don''t know if you watch or not, but on Sex in the city last night... it was the one where Samantha hadn''t had her period... while everyone else was having theirs together... and they are all in the bathroom basically sharing a box of tampons and Carrie says she''s not tampax central and for everyone to get their own... and it was so funny... Charlotte says ''I have plenty at home but they won''t fit in my KATE SPADE purse'' to which Miranda replies ''Kate must have a tiny vagina'' I immediately thought of YOU hahahahahahaha!!! It was funny... I can''t imagine a purse that a tampon wouldn''t fit in! funny anyhow though! LOL!

How are you liking your new KS bag?!
LOL!!! I remember that episode, it was a hoot! I am loving the new bag, thanks. I have a 22 month old son, so not only does it hold my tampax, but his diapers too!
emsmilep.gif
Seriously, though, it does make a great mom gab - it''s got 3 separate sections, so 1 side of the bag is all baby stuff, diapers, wipes, sippy cup, and the other side for my wallet, makeup, sunglasses, plus a zippered middle section. It''s really roomy but still compact enough to use every day. I''m really liking the color, too.

When I went to the KS boutique yesterday and was looking at both bags, the salesfirl said that the patent croc was a limited collection, but the red pebbled leather is something that they always have - she also mentioned that the red leather would be on sale in the KS Outlet store over the holidays, so if I still want it then, I could always go back & get it for a mcuh better price. I have a feeling that I may have regretted not getting the croc while I could, so I''m glad I picked it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your new bag
1.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice, wear it in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results