shape
carat
color
clarity

help me pick a new e-ring setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrisseli

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

As a long-time lurker, I''ve finally mustered up the courage to say hello.

35.gif

My current ring is an asscher (2.4 ct, F, VS-1). I''m a bit embarassed to say but I''m experiencing "shrinkage" issues and would like to liven it up a bit. I''ve looked through Leon''s website but can''t decide. Halo? 3 stone? Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Picture min.JPG

chrisseli

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I don''t know how to attach all the pics in one note so here is one option:

r330-06Ww.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Your current ring is very beautiful! Leon makes some stunning rings, for sure! Welcome, by the way.

*M*

chrisseli

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I love the ring but I do admit to a "bling problem"...

Here is another:

r784_008Ww.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Chrisseli,
Holy cow, WOW!!!! a 2.4ct Asscher (me fainting here)....

Girlfriend, your ring is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I honestly wouldn''t change it but obviousy, this is such a personal choice.
How long have you been engaged and have you tried on your current ring with a wedding band? You may find you like it better with a band??

IF ANYTHING, I think I would just do a very thin halo around it, but keep the same side stones as you have. I personally, like a 3 stone for the right hand and find it hard to pair wedding bands with them.

Oh, and is your mind set on Leon making it? whereever you got your current setting, it''s fab!!

oh, and of course, how could I forget, WELCOME!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
all i can say is B*E*A*UTIFUL! i love asshers and yours is amazing...maybe a small halo would give you that umph that you want! i cant get my eyes off your ring !

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
oh do you mind me asking what size finger you have?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a stunner, I like the small halo idea keeping it on the diamond band!

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
To tell you the truth, I like your current setting. I will say if I were to choose a new ring for my wife I would choose one of the photo you posted. That is an amazing ring.

I went through the various options in my head, considering possibly some color with sidestones etc...but i think you should stick with side diamonds. I personally dont like a halo or bezel set asscher since you lose some of the beauty of the stone.

You wouldnt be going wrong by choosing a setting like the one you posted, or just keeping the setting you have.

I considered upgrading my wifes e-ring this year, but we went and designed a brand new ring with a tsavorite as the center stone...leaving the ering as it was meant to be. :)

2.4c is a very decent size for an asscher, and you should never have envy to anyones over that. :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a small halo would be beautiful on a thin pave band..like a daniel k or Leon ring...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful! Do you think that a diamond wedding band might make you feel better about the overall bling factor?

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i was gonna sugest a wedding band or even two like on on each side may bring out your stone and ring....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the teeny tiny halo on that emerald chriselli posted! Moreover, I would LOVE to own that emerald ring by Leon!!! Yowsa!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! It''s gorgeous as is -- dainty and elegant setting....and whatta stone! I honestly wouldn''t change it, but if you are itching for something new (and I know the feeling), then I would suggest foregoing the halo and doing a 3-stone instead. I''m a big believer in asschers standing alone without a halo, because halos can detract from the crisp lines, angles, and overall shape that make asschers so special. Well, just one girl''s opinion anyway! So, given a choice I''d probably do trapezoid sidestones with no other pave or embellishments....Leon would do an awesome job of that!!!

PS -- I wonder how a 3-stone with trap sides would look on your current blingy band!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! I really wouldn''t change it..... What about something for your right hand?

If you really want to change it then I second the idea of step cut traps. If you''re having LM remake it then would you be looking at larger sides to cover the front of your finger or do you want to keep a hint of sparkle from the pave / shared prong band?

Have you decided on a wedding band yet? I have a 3 stone LM and had to get a curved wediing band to avoid a gap. If you really hate curved or shaped wedding bands then a 3 stone means you are likely to have a gap between the bands unless you ask for the stones to be set high. Asschers tend to be deep so you are going to need a really high setting to get the wedding band underneath to sit flush.

chrisseli

Rough_Rock
Not at all. It''s a 5.5.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I personally think it`s perfect the way it is....
36.gif

What a stunning ring and great size Asscher!! Yum.

Cachette

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
its beautiful the way it is, but if you want more bling
31.gif
and most of us do then leon is the man for it. i like the 2nd leon ring you posted. i like halos, but i think it might detract from your gorgeous stone. i''d def gp for something like ring #2.....what kind of wedding band do you want? maybe that''ll give you the bling effect you want. i''d decide that before changing the ring, but more bling is always fun
2.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
First- what a GORGEOUS stone- I love asschers- and yours is the perfect size! (for me anyway!)

I am on the "don''t halo it" side of the fence. I think that stone is glorious and doesn''t need a halo.

Have you thought about what type of wedding band you would like? If you were to do an eternity band you might not need to change your current setting.

If you were to add side stones I would go w/ step-cut traps or shield stones.

Have you thought about a split shank setting? something like this perhaps?

1085_split_crown assch david K.jpg

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I will add my 4 cents....since I already responded once.

I feel that unless the setting is adding relatively large side stones, I don''t think the chance will be very dramatic with the addition of pave etc. with a new setting. Not enough to spend the extra money when your ring and setting are so great.

I like the idea of getting a similar leon mege setting I had pointed out. I even like the photo someone has of the two trillon rubies on the side...or any colored stone...but not my favorites.

I love the idea of getting one or two eternity bands with possibly smaller asscher stones in them. I am unsure of what the cost would be for an eternity band with say .15 or .20 carat asschers the entire way around...but it would look awesome.

chrisseli

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your thoughts! I love the ring and I feel like such a brat
23.gif
but the spread really bothers me...*runs and hides*. Asschers are so beautiful but I didn''t do enough research and wasn''t prepared for how it faces up. I''m leaning towards a really fine band and halo. I saw a Harry Winston which is to die for.

It''s the third from the top. Sorry about the size!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I could reiterate what so many others have said: I wouldn''t change a thing on your gorgeous ring. But having said that, the Harry Winston pic in the ad is beautiful!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so pretty, thanks for sharing it with us! I like the idea of wearing a diamond band on each side of your current ring or making it into a three stone asscher ring. My jeweler had a five stone JB Star asscher ring that was to die for!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
welcome to the forums chrisseli, please let me know if you need any visualisation help
35.gif

halo-trapsAsscher.jpg

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don''t think it''s different enough to change. Sorry. I do think you should get something, and I will reiterate that a brand new sparkly, possibly 2, to accompany your previous ring would be awesome. Not an ering, but something beautiful.

Your stone is so amazing, not many settings would change the overall appearance drastically enough to make a difference.

chrisseli

Rough_Rock
Good point. I haven''t thought about the band and how that would enhance the ring.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I''d be interested to hear what type of bands you like.

Do you like colored gems at all?? I was thinking that an eternity band with alternating colored asscher/square gems and asscher cut stones might be a perfect match for your ring. Just depending on what color you love.

My top 3 would be:

Emerald/Tsavorite depending on your budget
Ruby
Blue Sapphire
Yellow Diamond or Yellow Sapphire depending on budget.

It would be very cool to see the alternating asscher cuts of a gem and diamond on my opinion. Since the stones wouldnt be near as large as your 2.4 it would set it off dramatically.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 12:07:37 PM
Author: Pricescope
welcome to the forums chrisseli, please let me know if you need any visualisation help
35.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

I LOVE the left ring PS mocked up for you, with the thin halo. I think it ''looks'' great on your hand, too!!! A nice thin halo..wowsers..maybe you could do a baguette halo to mimick the look of the asscher....I think this is a much more flattering look than the 3-stone..

Is it important to you that it be a big name designer? bc I am sure you could find many that could make you a thin halo ring. I love Mark Morrell''s work (and please don''t get me wrong, I don''t think he i cheap, lol...)and whiteflash has done some great custom pieces....

I guess all I am saying is that yeah Leon Mege makes some fabulous rings (I would love one!!) but I think I have seen plenty on here made by others that are just as fab, and probably less expensive....anyway, just my 2 cents here!

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is what I was thinking of...and just happened to find it on Leons site. Surprised I hadnt seen it earlier.

I have a feeling this would cost a pretty penny...but you can get the idea even if the stones are smaller...and possibly alternating colored stones. AWESOME.

r507-26W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results