shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a bauble!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been down and out this week with poison ivy, like head to toe and now on steroids and antibiotics, the whole gamut

So to lift my spirits (because I also have some mad money from selling some rings) going to buy a little bauble or a big bauble :shifty: Help me decide!

First up we have the smaller guy a baby pink spinel ring in 14K measures 4.5mm brilliant cut with single cut diamonds on the sides:

IMG_5981.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

Then we have the complete opposite big bauble. Rose De France Amethyst 5 carats in 18k gold with diamond pave halo and pave on the sides. Diamonds are H and SI-2 but eye clean, the photos are not super great but all her pics look like this:

IMG_5983.jpg
IMG_5984.jpg

What say you vintage lovers?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which will fill more of a gap in the collection (in terms of something you don't already have similar of)?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the spinel. I like yellow gold with the pink stone. It looks like a better quality ring.

I am not liking the amethyst because:
1. Crappy photos
2. The diamond pave looks like more prongs than diamonds
3. Rose de France is merely pale amethyst. Not real valuable.
4. Did I say crappy photos?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
and I'm gonna say rose de France, cuz it's one of my faves. .... and I prefer white gold.
But that's a pretty spinel.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny, well I do not have a big ring nor an Amethyst so that would knock out two categories but because I don't wear big rings I'm worried that it might be too big. I do not currently have a pink spinel though either.

@stracci2000 so true about those photos. I get less nervous about them because I see so many bad photos all the time as long as they have a generous return policy I will usually take a chance but it is BIG and that's another worry, it might be just too big!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE, yes that spinel and the setting I was like ohhhhhh it's so pretty but then the amethyst is so in your face you know?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want 'big', you could look at the Berricle CZs that are very good prices for substantial sizes, which would mean you could get the spinel and also some big bling :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay guys I bought one and was going to wait until having it in hand to share but I hate threads that leave people hanging myself so I picked.........the pink spinel :dance:

So I will come back and share once I have it, thanks for all the help deciding =)2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay guys I bought one and was going to wait until having it in hand to share but I hate threads that leave people hanging myself so I picked.........the pink spinel :dance:

So I will come back and share once I have it, thanks for all the help deciding =)2
Good choice on the spinel! We all know you love pink:kiss2:
I was not happy with that amethyst. Were the two rings similar in price?
I am skeptical about the 18k claim on that Rose de France. I mean, Rose de France is not the kind of gem that is usually set into 18k......And thank you for not leaving us hanging! I won't elaborate, but I don't like those games, either.........

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, not similar in price at all, the spinel ring $299 with a free resize and the amethyst is $499. The spinel is also from an actual jeweler who I believe get old settings that customer's bring in to sell or trade and they set new colored stones in them, I like that idea a lot.

After thinking about it I like the idea of a big stone but I probably wouldn't wear it and that's a waste plus the spinel I can wear a band with if I want and I have one I think will look great with it.

Yeah I think we are coming from the same place with threads that leave you hanging :naughty:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yay I can't wait to see your pink spinel diamond ring! I just saw this thread now and that would have been my vote! I love pink too :kiss2::geek2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh and I hope you feel better soon! PI is the worst.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the Spinel! Can’t wait to see it!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Late to the thread, but I was voting for the spinel ring, too. So, yea!!! Sorry to hear about your poison ivy. :eek2: I'm wildly allergic to it and have been there, too. Thankfully, not lately. The steroids generally work wonders, so hopefully your suffering will end very soon.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19, it really is the worst and every single time I get it I have to go on steroids, so annoying :confused2:

@PreRaphaelite, thank you and I am excited too! They are resizing it today so it should be here soon!

@natasha-cupcake, I knew you would be a fan of the spinel, had it just been in a regular stock setting I could have passed it up but vintage gets me every time. OMG so you know the struggle of PI, the itching reminds me of chickenpox as a kid...the worst:(2

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you have been feeling rough @StephanieLynn - my choice would have been the amethyst but it would have been based on size rather than anything else I prefer everything else about the spinel but size tends to win out for me :dance:. If you fancy a big amethyst I would definitely consider looking at the eBay uk listings for amethyst rings you get some big solitaires Art Deco period and some big Victorian ones surrounded by pearls for $500 or less and I know you like your vintage/antique pieces!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @meely I will keep that in mind, I have seen some great pieces on Etsy in England but always a bit hesitant to buy because returning something won't be a pain, although I never return anything. Feeling rough but less so everyday so that's an improvement!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn I have only just seen your thread, but I was going to vote for the first ring too, so I'm glad you chose it! It definitely has a vibe of you & your style, so I think you will get more wear out of it. Looking forward to the pictures!

Healing dust for the poison ivy. Sounds yuk!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, you have one of the best big baubles I've seen!

@Alex T, thanks for the well wishes and I will definitely be back with pictures! They actually resized and mailed it the day after I ordered so I'm impressed with the customer service already.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the spinel, it is pretty and delicate but not for me, blends in too much with my skintone and the settings is much more delicate than I thought. This is it on my pinky.

IMG_6068.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@meely yes I've been all over the place lately lol! Thank you though for posting that amethyst ring is it beautiful with the pearls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results