shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me make my 3 stone AVC ring please

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok friends, I've had this ring for a while and it never felt perfect.
I think I need to change it to yellow gold. What do you think? Do you think 14 or 18 kt YG? Or do you think leave platinum?
Also, the ring is shifting on my finger and I think I'm going to try euro shank. Does anyone have a euro shank and do they love it? I've realized that in a 3 stone I prefer it to stay centered on my finger. I don't mind a little spin on a solitaire.
Thank you for everyone's help!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I need to change it to yellow gold. What do you think? Do you think 14 or 18 kt YG? Or do you think leave platinum?
Also, the ring is shifting on my finger and I think I'm going to try euro shank. Does anyone have a euro shank and do they love it? I've realized that in a 3 stone I prefer it to stay centered on my finger. I don't mind a little spin on a solitaire.

First of all, I’m still totally obsessed with this ring. It’s gorgeous! :kiss2:
Now onto your question…I think yellow gold would be a lovely way to enhance the P color of your center diamond. If you feel like it’s not working for you as is, that may be a fun option. I also like the look of DK’s antique gold.

946342CF-F5E3-4436-960C-3FA56A4A7AC1.png

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my M colored AVC ring set in DK's 14k antique yellow. I'm very happy with it. I mentioned that up thread in posts #14, 25 and @mrs-b's observation of it is in #26.
I'll add the photo again if you don't want to go back and look. I am definitely a fan of putting warmer diamonds in yellow gold (stones with yellow tint) or rose (stones with brown tint). It's just personal, but I don't like yellow or brown tinted stones in white metal. But just make sure it's the combo of the tint of the stone and the white metal you don't like. If it's just the spinning, maybe add some sizing cushions to keep it more in place? I can't speak to the euro shank so I'll leave that to others.

cropped avc.jpg

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock

I love euro shanks! Super comfortable and stops ring from spinning!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go with antique gold. It would really complement the tint of your diamonds. But I'd probably do a bezel. I'm not a fan of the way the sides seem to bleed into the center stone and the way that affects the look of their shape. Makes them look tapered, to my eye. So I'd go with an antique gold in a bezel setting; that would look beautiful.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
First of all, I’m still totally obsessed with this ring. It’s gorgeous! :kiss2:
Now onto your question…I think yellow gold would be a lovely way to enhance the P color of your center diamond. If you feel like it’s not working for you as is, that may be a fun option. I also like the look of DK’s antique gold.

946342CF-F5E3-4436-960C-3FA56A4A7AC1.png

Thank you so much @elle_71125 I LOVE the antique gold. And thanks for colored chart!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I had my M colored AVC ring set in DK's 14k antique yellow. I'm very happy with it. I mentioned that up thread in posts #14, 25 and @mrs-b's observation of it is in #26.
I'll add the photo again if you don't want to go back and look. I am definitely a fan of putting warmer diamonds in yellow gold (stones with yellow tint) or rose (stones with brown tint). It's just personal, but I don't like yellow or brown tinted stones in white metal. But just make sure it's the combo of the tint of the stone and the white metal you don't like. If it's just the spinning, maybe add some sizing cushions to keep it more in place? I can't speak to the euro shank so I'll leave that to others.

cropped avc.jpg

Your ring is gorgeous @Lookinagain and your ring transformation has been on my mind. Thank you for sharing it again. I'm very new to warmer diamonds and vintage cut diamonds. So I'm grateful for all of the help I can get!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love euro shanks! Super comfortable and stops ring from spinning!

That's great to know! Thanks @Morenita21 hopefully I can try one on at a jewelry store to see if I like it. I'd love to see yours if you like share! Thanks for your input.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with antique gold. It would really complement the tint of your diamonds. But I'd probably do a bezel. I'm not a fan of the way the sides seem to bleed into the center stone and the way that affects the look of their shape. Makes them look tapered, to my eye. So I'd go with an antique gold in a bezel setting; that would look beautiful.

Thank you @mrs-b I should've listened to you from the beginning. I was trying to stay with platinum to stay with one metal color but now I think I'll love the warmth more in a warmer metal. You and many others wisely advised me from the beginning!
I love the antique gold and I'm glad you brought up the bezel option. I've been reading on many threads that a bezel enhances the AVC and antique cushions. Thank you as always my friend for your input. I've got lots to think about but it's getting clearer.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
I think the antique or yellow gold would be gorgeous with those stones. I happen to light the slight taper effect (and placed the outer prongs on my AVR stones closer together to get that effect deliberately), but if you don't like it I wonder if the angle of the side stones also plays into that effect?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok friends I've got an updated cad for AVC round 2! Please tell me your thoughts on things that might need to be adjusted. Thank you! DK 69882-QUAD.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Or do you like this one better with single prongs on the underside? I'm hoping some winter full folks will jump I'm to give some feedback! DK 69882-QUAD-12.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions? I can take it. Be brutal. I want this ring to be gorgeous and this is the 2nd time making it. Thank you beautiful PS friends!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are changing metal color and wanted to try something different to help prevent the ring rotating on your finger?
It looks like it’s now a larger ring size by looking at your last CAD. Are you getting sizing pads or beads to help prevent that?
Is there anything else about the first design that you want to change from? To help drive comments that will be helpful to you on the cad you might be looking for?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much @Rfisher Yes, I'm changing metal color because I was feeling like the diamonds weren't as bright in platinum. I'm realizing that I like a 3 stone to sit perfectly centered on my finger. The off center drives me crazy. I'm ok with a solitaire twisting but it seems with 3 stone it bothers me. I'm hoping euro shank will fix that. The 6.25 was tight going over my knuckle and I didn't like that so I'm hoping 6.5 and euro will fix that.
I think the bezels will show off the diamonds better, vintage cushions, even though I do love the swoopy heart prongs.
I'm open to suggestions. Thank you everyone!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Rfisher Yes, I'm changing metal color because I was feeling like the diamonds weren't as bright in platinum. I'm realizing that I like a 3 stone to sit perfectly centered on my finger. The off center drives me crazy. I'm ok with a solitaire twisting but it seems with 3 stone it bothers me. I'm hoping euro shank will fix that. The 6.25 was tight going over my knuckle and I didn't like that so I'm hoping 6.5 and euro will fix that.
I think the bezels will show off the diamonds better, vintage cushions, even though I do love the swoopy heart prongs.
I'm open to suggestions. Thank you everyone!
Aside from not having a euro-shank, I think the CAD reflects everything you wish changed very nicely :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19, it looks lovely to me, I really like the addition of the bezels. I think I prefer the double prongs. I'm not an expert but I think everything looks good!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the double prongs. The single prongs give me a more delicate vibe that don't mesh as well with the bezels. The double prongs seem more consistent and in proportion with the bezels if that makes sense.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Are you doing migraine on your bezels or are they plain? I just read thru your whole thread and you wanted the look to be feminine. In that case I would add delicate migraine on your bezels as in Lookinagain's ring. I think that it softens the metal bezels, but that's just my opinion, FWIW. In that case I's probably do single prongs.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Or do you like this one better with single prongs on the underside? I'm hoping some winter full folks will jump I'm to give some feedback! DK 69882-QUAD-12.jpg

I personally would prefer the single prongs. I think the double prongs look a bit too much for my taste. That’s me though. I would also explore your options regarding the bezels (size, design finish etc.) to see what you would like best. Whatever you do will be fabulous I’m sure.

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
How is everything going? I can’t wait to see the new setting for these beauties!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends! I am very sorry for not updating this thread. Thank you for understanding.
Ok now, for the good stuff....so my wonderful friend @mrs-b Suggested yellow gold from the beginning and she was right! And she suggested bezel setting and that was the ticket to get these beautiful diamonds to shine beautifully! 20220411_183550.jpg
Here are some pics! 20220411_094354.jpg 20220411_183541.jpg
And my favorite part about this ring is there is a hidden diamond in the shank with a beautiful butterfly inscribed. These are surprises from @mrs-b to symbolize transformation and that I'm always a sparkly girly girl! Thank you so much dear friend. This ring is beautiful and very special!

Attachments

• 20220416_153953.jpg
    20220416_153953.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 45

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a sleek and buttery setting! And I could lose myself completely in those chubby facets. :kiss2: Beautiful piece and I love that she has her own little secret, too. 8)

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
So elegant and so gorgeous!! I love this! Well done. It’s perfect!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, that's gorgeous!!! The yellow setting pairs perfectly with the diamonds and the ring looks amazing on you. :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a difference! It's so beautiful. :love:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Adding some pics! Sharing my new Tiffany from the lovely @DorotheaBrooke 20211006_155423.jpg 20211006_155455.jpg 20211006_155505.jpg
Thanks for the love everyone!
20211006_153029.jpg 20211006_155417.jpg 20211006_155420.jpg

Your new setting is beautiful. Are you keeping the old setting?
Hi Friends! I am very sorry for not updating this thread. Thank you for understanding.
Ok now, for the good stuff....so my wonderful friend @mrs-b Suggested yellow gold from the beginning and she was right! And she suggested bezel setting and that was the ticket to get these beautiful diamonds to shine beautifully! 20220411_183550.jpg
Here are some pics! 20220411_094354.jpg 20220411_183541.jpg
And my favorite part about this ring is there is a hidden diamond in the shank with a beautiful butterfly inscribed. These are surprises from @mrs-b to symbolize transformation and that I'm always a sparkly girly girl! Thank you so much dear friend. This ring is beautiful and very special!

New ring is beautiful. Are you keeping the old setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results