shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find the perfect Asscher!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

victor258

Rough_Rock
Help!! I have no clue what im doing. This is all new to me and I want to make sure not to make a costly mistake. I am looking for 1.2 asscher, d-f, vvs1-vs1, ex, ex, price tag $8000. My biggest question is am I asking to much? Does my budget allow for a 1.2 assher that has great optics, cut etc.. or am I way out of my league. I have seen stmdr break down aot of asshers if you read this would you be kid enough to do the same for me. I would highly appreciate any advice anyone may have.
Thank You!!!

Im attaching a picture of a current asscher Im being offered. Comments appreciated

victor258

Rough_Rock
Having issues posting picture without it being an attachment??? Any advice

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe attachments from your HD are the only way...

victor258

Rough_Rock
here it is

Asschervm.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:52:36 PM
Author: victor258
here it is
pic looks real good can you link the diamonds page please?
It has a slight keel but not enough to hurt anything.
What is the l/w ratio?

victor258

Rough_Rock
I dont have the l/w ratio.. as a matter of fact I just have this pic and a video with optics. Not sure about inclusions, ratios, depth etc..
I thought anout the si1 you posted but shes picky that large inclusion on facets wont work. Si1 wont work vs2 maybe but doubt it and anything less then an f in color is pretty much out... realy color sensitive. Thank you for quick reply

http://www.vimeo.com/3174741

link to optics

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:59:10 PM
Author: strmrdr
If you can stretch your budget 100 bucks Id say snap this one up.
http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/5507/

In the vid he said he had Sarah look for the inclusions and it is 100% eyeclean.
She has eagle eyes.
It is the 3rd one in this vid.
http://www.vimeo.com/3177742

It rocks
Oh I love that one... I've been waiting for someone to snap it up, it's just gorgeous. And the price for that size!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The other one is lovely too. If she is color sensative and inclusion senstive, then you should go for the mind clean stone.

I do hope someone gets that SI soon though.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 12:07:34 AM
I dont have the l/w ratio.. as a matter of fact I just have this pic and a video with optics. Not sure about inclusions, ratios, depth etc..

I thought anout the si1 you posted but shes picky that large inclusion on facets wont work. Si1 wont work vs2 maybe but doubt it and anything less then an f in color is pretty much out... realy color sensitive. Thank you for quick reply

http://www.vimeo.com/3174741

link to optics

from the vid I like the one you picked slightly better.
Need the rest of the info to call it.
If she notices the slightly rectangular center will she mind?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to add that the slightly rectangler center would not bug me and to me doesn''t put it out of the asscher class as long as the l/w ratio is 1.04 or under.
It is very slight.

victor258

Rough_Rock
Well the problem is when I showed her the video she immediately said...."the corners are to big that looks more like a cushion" It is also slightly lop sided like the left side" facets" (not sure if is the facets still learning
23.gif
) are larger then the right. My concern is of course her initial reaction and the setting she wants. A good example although not this setting is the Tiffany legacy setting. Im afraid that the beading around the diamond is going to draw attention to the corners rather then hide.

http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?GroupSKU=GRP10013#f+0/0/0/0/0/0

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great to me, but Storm is our resident expert, he helped me pick mine. I got mine from GOG as well.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 12:23:56 AM
Well the problem is when I showed her the video she immediately said....''the corners are to big that looks more like a cushion'' It is also slightly lop sided like the left side'' facets'' (not sure if is the facets still learning
23.gif
) are larger then the right.
That answered my question she does not like the slight EC look and would likely notice.
good plan showing her the vid.
Show her the other vid and ask her about the 1.65

victor258

Rough_Rock
I have shown her the si1 before and she likes the cut i believe need to show it to her again. When she saw the inclusion on the facets or steps she pretty much passed.

I think one that she did like and did not notice the corners as much as she did with the one I posted is on this link.

http://vimeo.com/3005666?pg=embed&sec=3005666

I think it is very similar cut personally... which is why im in a bind. My thoughts are maybe she wont notice in person?? Maybe im crazy the one on the left in the video is the one she seemed to like.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can always have the one you like sent to you for eval in person then send it back to be set if you want it or just return it...
Just costs a little extra for the shipping.

Jon is brain dead if he don't buy the 1.65 for stock so he wont mind if you decide to do so with that one.
It will be snapped up.

victor258

Rough_Rock
If I upped my budget a bit say 1000-1500 do you think It would that big of a diff?
I also read a few of your previous posts and know you prefer RA over Generic. I know this is a generic asscher but does it have same qualities?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 1:24:23 AM
If I upped my budget a bit say 1000-1500 do you think It would that big of a diff?

I also read a few of your previous posts and know you prefer RA over Generic. I know this is a generic asscher but does it have same qualities?
I prefer generics or more accurately 3c/3p over RA''s for the most part.
Not sure where I might have said otherwise....

Check with Jon and see what he can do with a higher budget.

victor258

Rough_Rock
Sorry for this miss quote... I thought i read that somewhere. I will get with Jon sometime next week when he is back in the office. Thx you for all your comments.
Keep them coming please

victor258

Rough_Rock
I see there is a lot of views on this page!! Feel free to comment (please share your thoughts)
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif

Trying to make a big decision all your advice is welcome!!

boyscout

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:34:04 PM
Author:victor258
I am looking for 1.2 asscher, d-f, vvs1-vs1, ex, ex, price tag $8000. My biggest question is am I asking to much? Does my budget allow for a 1.2 assher that has great optics, cut etc.. or am I way out of my league.

As someone who just went through this a few months ago, and found a great asscher, I would make a couple suggestions: first, VS1 is the sweet spot in Asschers--no need to go higher, really. VS2 even is fine, if eyeclean. For color, I''m not sure D is worth the premium--E is sensational in an asscher, and F is more than fine too. Cut is critical--in asschers especially. Table in the mid to high 50s, depth in the high 60s up to 70. Crown height in the high teens. You should be able to find a few choices that meet the criteria, but it will take some looking to hit all of them in one stone.

Good luck!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
F is MORE than fine. I speak as the owner of an F who has been to many Pricescope GTG's and seen LOTS of step cuts in various colors. In a 1.0-1.5 carat you should be fine going to a G even if you are REALLY color sensitive, and to an H if your just 'normal'.

Seriously, you see my 1.09 F VS1 next to Asschergirl's 1.5+ G SI and all you notice is... wow Asschergirl's asscher is so big and beautiful. Trust me. I've seen my diamonds next to D's face up... and you can't tell. You really can't, when they are face up and set properly.

I agree with Storm that if you can, get both sent to you, and pick with your eyes, and your lady's eyes. Just open a box with both of them and ask her to chose her diamond. That way you get to surprise her (I'd be shocked to have someone propose with my choice of beautiful asschers) and you get to make sure that she loves her stone.

victor258

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your comments. I do agree that E-F even G should be suffice. Do you lady''s happen to have any pictures of your Asscher''s Thanks Again!
36.gif

victor258

Rough_Rock
Very Cool Idea!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 1:07:37 AM
Thank you for your comments. I do agree that E-F even G should be suffice. Do you lady's happen to have any pictures of your Asscher's Thanks Again!
36.gif
Here are some pictures from one of our GTG's. This was before we had our rings cleaned (en mass). I chose these pics because you can see all the different asschers (and step cuts) together to see how you just really can't tell when set, which stone is what color within a color grade, or two.

fullhandshot11.jpg

Asschergirl's G SI for GOG, which is truly remarkable.

asschergirlfire66.jpg

Mine is the one (halo setting) above the beautiful pink cabochon sapphire F VS. I believe the Emerald cut two above mine is a Darling's and a E color (it's actually one of the most beautiful EC's I've ever seen, but not just because of the color, the cut is amazing). Asscher Girl's Asscher is right above mine, but in 3/4 profile. So it's Darling's E, Asschergirls G, and my F. (Bookended by the pink sapphire, and the HUGE radiant).
fullhandshot88.jpg

And this is swingirl's asscher in her Leon micro pave setting. I know it's 1.29 H VVS1 from Whiteflash. It's a beautiful stone. The one below it is a round brilliant D with Strong Blue Fl. ... so you can really see the color difference between a brilliant cut D with Strong Blue compared to a step cut H with a slight little tint (not even perceptable except in these magnified pics and in comparison to the white/blue stone below).

swingirlleonscloseup12.jpg

Kaleigh's before her (gorgeous) setting: E VS1

kaleighasscher5.JPG

victor258

Rough_Rock
BLING BLING!!!!
18.gif
18.gif
26.gif
36.gif
41.gif
25.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you tell from the pics which diamonds are the J's?

I'm betting you can't.
27.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 1:07:37 AM
Thank you for your comments. I do agree that E-F even G should be suffice. Do you lady's happen to have any pictures of your Asscher's Thanks Again!
36.gif
Jon has a 1.2x G vs that is hot if it hasn't been snagged yet.
Im good down to H for showing very little to no color.
A J step cut has a slight tint to me.
It all depends on your eyes.
I lost count and am not sure how many are sold but Jon has between 4-6 "honeys" as he calls them(kicken is my term) in your range, that is a huge selection compared to what most people have had to pick from.
Post some links as you start to narrow it down.

victor258

Rough_Rock
Im going to check it out.. Still waiting on Jon to reply with more info on the E vvs2. I really could take a guess on what asscher is a J butI really cant tell. So, why upset someone by guessing.
29.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The J's aren't step cuts in those pics. That's what I said "J diamond"... The two J's in that pic are two of my favoriite PS rings ever, and I don't think anyone would be insulted. I could do J in a step cut, but it would have to be in the right setting, I would want to show off, not hide the tint.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results