shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find some Superb pearls please!

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I need 7 matched 7-7.5mm Magnificent white pearls. I mean the finest pearls on the earth. Any ideas?

Again, I am going to highly recommend calling pearl paradise. They will do all of that for you.

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
Try this one http://www.pearlparadise.com/7075-mm-Natural-White-Hanadama-Akoya-Pearl-Necklace3122.aspx for the white color.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Akoyas are nicer than South Sea?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
South Sea pearls are large. You''re not going to find any in the 7-7.5mm size. Generally 9mm and up, maybe 8.

As far as being better, that depends on your definition of better. High grade akoyas have amazing mirror like luster. South Sea are more satiny. It also depends on what you''re willing to spend.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In that size, I would recommend Akoya pearls. Try Pearl Paradise''s Hanadama line. I believe they consider their Hanadama unpinked natural whites their most superior pearls. The photos I''ve seen have been amazing. Call and ask! :)

Good luck!

Anne

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I contacted pearl paradise, they mirrored what you all said. I need Akoyas. I like the mirror-like sheen of fine ones, and their price seems very reasonable.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Why not freshadamas? You can have them pick a perfect strand for you.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I''ve never been a fan of freshwater pearls, and wouldn''t have even looked at them. Those are VERY pretty though!!!

What is it about freshwaters that you don''t like?

The freshadamas rival some akoyas ;-)

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
It honestly has something to do with their cost lol! If I could find natural (uncultured) pears I would spend a year saving to buy them. I can''t explain it, but I like things that are from the natural world without assistance from man.

huhhhhh?

99% of the pearls are going to be cultured by the way.... freshwater, akoya, tahitian, SS

And the ones that are actually natural, you are going to pay through the nose for... :) they are a rare breed

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Well... I''m learning more and more about pearls every day... I had no idea so many were bleached and dyed... How depressing... Now I''m looking at Hanadama Pearls...

The freshadamas are natural in color as well.

It''s a learning curve.. I didn''t know this stuff either.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
PearlParadise is now contacting Japan to find me matched undyed/untreated pearls! Will be exciting to see what they can get!!

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
The pearls are to be certified and then sent! Yay! These will be unbleached/undyed! Probably as close as I''ll get to natural at least for now! I''m so excited!!! Jeremy from PearlParadise says they are better in luster than Handama!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2010 8:59:46 PM
Author: soberguy
The pearls are to be certified and then sent! Yay! These will be unbleached/undyed! Probably as close as I''ll get to natural at least for now! I''m so excited!!! Jeremy from PearlParadise says they are better in luster than Handama!

How exciting!! You know we want to see lots of pics!!!!!

Date: 5/26/2010 8:59:46 PM
Author: soberguy

Which ones are you getting then? I thought you said you were looking at handama?

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I was, but he suggested natural white akoyas. The others have been bleached and dyed. I like natural
36.gif

lol ok I''m confused.. handamas ARE akoyas....

Yeap I''ve read the info. I think we were saying the same thing, but I was confusing myself.

You are getting Akoyas, well, Handamas, but the natural colored ones vs, just the handamas that can be bleached?

I am SO excited to see what you get. I am very curious what you are going to do with 7! tin cup necklace or bracelet? how fun

P.s. I wore my natural blue/ silver akoyas tonight and I was reminded how much I love them... most people don''t know what they are though. I would LOVE to get a pair of those round blue akoyas they have on the PP site

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I have a lovely strand that Jeremy put together for me for my wedding (this Sunday). They are the natural color hanadamas - absolutely beautiful! I can see my reflection in them. I''ve only seen them once - and will not receive them until Sunday to wear for the wedding, so I don''t have any pictures, but you''ve made an excellent choice! I also have some natural blues - also beautiful! They are on page 15 or so of the sticky form to show your pearls.

Really, Jeremy was wonderful to work with and guided us through the entire process. I recommend them highly to anyone who is considering such a purchase. Best wishes for your wedding!

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
They sound amazing! Can''t wait till you post pictures!! I am using mine for a jade carved pendant in 18k gold, with dangles. There are 4 3mm round brilliant D vvs diamonds, and a .56 carat vvs emerald cut diamond on the center dangle. Each dangle is in yellow gold with pearls. I''ll post the picture as a before/after. Right now it has akoya pearls from an old bracelet.

I think my next project is going to be a AAA 15mm golden south sea necklace. I think it is going to take me a year to pay for it though LOL! Since I''m a man, I think the golden color will be acceptable. I''m going to buy them loose, and make the necklace myself.

jadependant123.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Soberguy - do you plan on hanging anything from the little jumprings on some of the pearls? Personally, I think the loops look a little unfinished so, when you upgrade the pearls, I would consider removing the jumprings or dangling something from them.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I have 18k yellow gold pins that I will use. So the ends will be "invisible" under the pearls.

cool! Very unique! Can''t wait to see it finished :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results