shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ya''ll,

My SIL is currently looking for an engagement ring and has fallen in love with this halo setting. She saved the pic, but cant remember where she found it. I knew I could come to PS and you all would be able to find it or somethimng similar, or even better! She has very small fingers and is looking for something to hold a .5-.75 ct. pear shaped stone. Their total budget for the project is $2000, so the setting needs to be around $1000 or less.

Thanks in advance

htdy6editchgc.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, I think with a pear halo, you''re going to have to have the halo custom made to fit the pear. You might get a quote from the vendor whom you are purchasing the pear from but 1K may not be enough for a custom halo setting, even in whitegold.

that ring looks close to firegoddess'' ring. she had hears custom made.

franni2new.jpg

sk8rjen also had one custom made, here''s hers..

jensringcloseup.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know of anyone who has had a pear halo they 'bought off the rack' so to speak. That doesn't mean that they don't exist at this point...when I had mine done halos were still more of a rare thing so no pre-made settings for pears existed.Perhaps in the Meno collection now?

ETA: Meno has a halo split shank pear but the setting cost is more than your budget, even in white gold.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...I found one possibility.

Diamonds by Lauren sells a halo microsetting for multiple shapes, including a pear, for $998. But that pricing is only if you buy the diamond from them. Anyway, it''s worth a look because I don''t know that finding that setting for $1000 is an easy feat.

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=219&rn=662&action=show_detail

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just checked firenzejewels.com and didn''t see any pear halos for 1K.. but they do have a source that has a lot of other shapes for about 1200 in platinum. It would be worth a call, they are very nice there.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might want to give brian knox a call at knoxjewelers.biz

He has some fairly inexpensive halos, so he might be able to do something for you. His work is very nice by the way and he is a dream to work with!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a pear halo "off the rack" at a jewelry mart near my home. I don''t remember the exact price, but I''m sure it wasn''t more than $1000.

New_pear_flower_1_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results