shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a round diamond and setting

Hiker923

Rough_Rock
I plan on popping the question in May of this year and need help finding a diamond and setting. My budget is 20k-25k for the entire diamond w/ ring (I'd like to stay closer to the 20k range but more important want the most bang for my buck, with an emphasis on 'size' and 'bling'

After some sly conversations, I know she's looking for at least a 2 carat round diamond in a gold solitaire setting.

I've been looking for rings on White Flash, Blue Nile, etc and have used the below filters for my search. Unfortunately, I have been fallen victim to information overload and hoping you could help me find a diamond that sparkles like no other and is eye clean.
  • Diamond
    • Carat: > 2
    • Color: >H
    • Clarity: > SI1
    • Cut: Excellent / Ideal
    • Florence: Min / None
    • Emphasis on the sparkle of the ring
  • Setting
    • Originally i thought the setting was the easy part and figured I go with the felicity style setting but after some searching I found out it would look too thin on her finger and there's a risk of her the ring bending and such. Thus back to the drawing board:
      • Ring Size: 8
      • Solitaire Style - Gold
      • Prongs: 4 or 6
      • Her Other Misc. comments: The more diamond that she can see, the better. I'd like to lessen the concern of the diamond falling out or ring bending, etc. (like I discovered with the felicity setting before.)

What are your thoughts?

Are there diamonds and settings out there you would recommend?

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you could handle I color and SI2 "in name only", then this is one you might consider.

I say SI2 "in name only" because CBIs are guaranteed to be eye clean with no effect on light performance from the inclusions. With a healthy budget like yours, it may make sense to go with a super ideal vendor like HP Diamonds. There are other super ideal vendors (such as Whiteflash, Brian Gavin, Victor Canera) who are also great, but I personally prefer HP Diamonds. If I had a budget similar to yours, I'd want the most precisely cut diamond I could get. CBI diamonds have amazing light performance and sparkle like crazy. I recently purchased a 1.23 E SI2 CBI and I'm totally thrilled with it. My diamond is absolutely eye clean, even on close inspection. Neither I nor any of my family members (all 20/20 vision) can detect anything without a loupe. And the cheapskate in me loves that I received a lot of bang for the buck because I was willing to take a chance on an SI2 designation. I was hesitant at first, but with CBI diamonds, there is minimal risk. I think this 2.19 I SI2 is a great value.

Hiker923

Rough_Rock
If you could handle I color and SI2 "in name only", then this is one you might consider.

I say SI2 "in name only" because CBIs are guaranteed to be eye clean with no effect on light performance from the inclusions. With a healthy budget like yours, it may make sense to go with a super ideal vendor like HP Diamonds. There are other super ideal vendors (such as Whiteflash, Brian Gavin, Victor Canera) who are also great, but I personally prefer HP Diamonds. If I had a budget similar to yours, I'd want the most precisely cut diamond I could get. CBI diamonds have amazing light performance and sparkle like crazy. I recently purchased a 1.23 E SI2 CBI and I'm totally thrilled with it. My diamond is absolutely eye clean, even on close inspection. Neither I nor any of my family members (all 20/20 vision) can detect anything without a loupe. And the cheapskate in me loves that I received a lot of bang for the buck because I was willing to take a chance on an SI2 designation. I was hesitant at first, but with CBI diamonds, there is minimal risk. I think this 2.19 I SI2 is a great value.

Thanks for the response! I'm fairly flexible with almost everything i listed above (very new to this and trying to get educated). I doubt the ring would ever get magnified and would just be people eyeing it up (similarly to your case).

What is CBI?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Crafted by infinity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results