shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a Diamond.

adurkia

Rough_Rock
Hi All

I have been married for 10 years, but have yet to buy my wife a diamond ring. Due to finances. recently I have made some investments and with its fruits I believe this is something I owe her.

I have been trying to do some research on this subject but due to busy schedules of work/kids and the lack of understanding. I would like the help of people who are much more knowledgeable on this subject.

My budget is 25K USD. Preferably over 1.5 Carat, IF, Colorless, I know I cant afford a Hearts and Fire type of Diamond but I would like to get close something that sparkles.

All suggestions are welcome.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Awww that is so sweet! I'm sure your wife will be thrilled! Based on your posting, are you looking for an engagement ring then? I ask because I was wondering if you think she would prefer that over a band.

If you're looking for H&A, are you only interested in a MRB? And are you looking for eye-clean or must it be IF?

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
If you're already married can you take her shopping to see what she likes?

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
And yeah, you owe her

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For sure you can afford a hearts and arrows diamond.

Can we just understand why you need an internally flawless diamond? If you think you need that to ensure beauty, that is NOT the case at all. If you put more of your budget into what you can easily see... you can afford a hearts and arrows diamond, and you can afford something bigger than 1.5 carats.

If maximum sparkle and beauty is what you are after, you will want the optimal cut. Consider super ideals. CBI and HPD have great upgrade programs too, but you will want to consider the most beautifully cut diamonds.

This is well within your budget. F, VS1 (You will not be able to see the inclusion with your naked eye and there will not be any impact on performance.)

adurkia

Rough_Rock
Awww that is so sweet! I'm sure your wife will be thrilled! Based on your posting, are you looking for an engagement ring then? I ask because I was wondering if you think she would prefer that over a band.

If you're looking for H&A, are you only interested in a MRB? And are you looking for eye-clean or must it be IF?

Hi Moonie

Thanks for your reply. correct engagement ring would be Ideal.

What is an H&A ? and what is a MRB ?

The reasons I was thinking about an IF is because I was told an flawless becomes an IF once installed so may as well get an IF ?

adurkia

Rough_Rock
For sure you can afford a hearts and arrows diamond.

Can we just understand why you need an internally flawless diamond? If you think you need that to ensure beauty, that is NOT the case at all. If you put more of your budget into what you can easily see... you can afford a hearts and arrows diamond, and you can afford something bigger than 1.5 carats.

If maximum sparkle and beauty is what you are after, you will want the optimal cut. Consider super ideals. CBI and HPD have great upgrade programs too, but you will want to consider the most beautifully cut diamonds.

This is well within your budget. F, VS1 (You will not be able to see the inclusion with your naked eye and there will not be any impact on performance.)

What are super ideals ? CBI and HPD ? sorry I have no idea what those are haha. but your advise is sound, if you cant see the imperfections.

FreeDiam

Rough_Rock
Just throwing this one out there. I thought it was pretty.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MRB - modern round brilliant diamond
WF - Whiteflash (Vendor that sales A Cut Above super ideal stones)
ACAs - A Cut Above Super Ideal diamonds
HPD- High-Performance Diamonds ( Vendor that sales CBI super ideal stones )
CBI - Crafted by Infinity - type of Super Ideal Stone
H&A - Hearts and Arrows - a level of cut precision that reflects in visual hearts on the pavilion/bottom of the stone and arrows
on the crown/top of the stone. Should have H&A images to prove the precision cut

Super Ideal Stones - Usually AGS000 Graded with AGS Ideal light return, Heart and Arrows stones (H&A). Highly vetted to fall with
certain standards by the vendor that sells them. Should have all the images to back up being declared a Super Ideal stone. These
vendors tend to have the best trade-up policy.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H&A - Hearts and Arrows - a level of cut precision that reflects in visual hearts on the pavilion/bottom of the stone and arrows
on the crown/top of the stone. Should have H&A images to prove the precision cut

Super Ideal Stones - Usually AGS000 Graded with AGS Ideal light return, Heart and Arrows stones (H&A). Highly vetted to fall with
certain standards by the vendor that sells them. Should have all the images to back up being declared a Super Ideal stone. These

You are awesome @tyty333

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All

I have been married for 10 years, but have yet to buy my wife a diamond ring. Due to finances. recently I have made some investments and with its fruits I believe this is something I owe her.

I have been trying to do some research on this subject but due to busy schedules of work/kids and the lack of understanding. I would like the help of people who are much more knowledgeable on this subject.

My budget is 25K USD. Preferably over 1.5 Carat, IF, Colorless, I know I cant afford a Hearts and Fire type of Diamond but I would like to get close something that sparkles.

All suggestions are welcome.

a VS1 would be eyeclean, you can get a super ideal diamond 1.7-1.8ct E/F VVS2 with that budget. In this forum usually prefer Cut over Clarity.
because cut is something your eyes can see (sparkly diamond) but Clarity is something you can’t see as long as its eyeclean. So if you sacrifice cut over clarity, I don’t know what to say.... unless you get a really well cut diamond, IF, and its still in Colorless range and you’re sacrificing the Carat which is a personal preference because some people more comfortable with smaller diamond due to personal circumstances (social circle, work, etc). color is also preference, some can’t see color in H-K color, some can. But sticking with Colorless range is the safest option. However, with clarity, unless you’re super OCD that you have to get an IF, I don’t think its necessary, the keyword is eyeclean.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Your budget is a healthy one! You could likely get close to a very nice round brilliant 2ct if you go down to VS1 (still eyeclean) and in the colorless range! It really depends I think on how sensitive you and your wife are to color. But that's a classic choice, and I think a very safe one!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a super ideal stone and it sparkles like crazy. I bought a G color, VS1 stone and it is super white and I don’t see any inclusions.

A couple of places to look for super ideal stones (all of these places have websites), some have been mentioned above:

WhiteFlash (Texas)
Victor Canera (Los Angeles)
High Performance Diamonds (Idaho)

You cannot go wrong using any of those. Do some searches and see what you like. Also, look at the settings that each offers as it is often easiest to buy the stone and setting in one location.

You can also look around on these boards because there is great information. For example, I once had diamonds from both VC and HPD and I did a video compare.

Good luck! What part of the world are you located? If you are located near a vendor, you may find it worthwhile and easiest to visit the vendor in person.

adurkia

Rough_Rock

Wow thank you

Is it right to assume that Super Ideal Stones is sold with different names like ACAs,CBI and H&A? based on what the vendor calls them ?

adurkia

Rough_Rock
a VS1 would be eyeclean, you can get a super ideal diamond 1.7-1.8ct E/F VVS2 with that budget. In this forum usually prefer Cut over Clarity.
because cut is something your eyes can see (sparkly diamond) but Clarity is something you can’t see as long as its eyeclean. So if you sacrifice cut over clarity, I don’t know what to say.... unless you get a really well cut diamond, IF, and its still in Colorless range and you’re sacrificing the Carat which is a personal preference because some people more comfortable with smaller diamond due to personal circumstances (social circle, work, etc). color is also preference, some can’t see color in H-K color, some can. But sticking with Colorless range is the safest option. However, with clarity, unless you’re super OCD that you have to get an IF, I don’t think its necessary, the keyword is eyeclean.

Thank you, I think this is great advice, it seems IF only comes in play when your the owner as no one will see this unless your selling it.

adurkia

Rough_Rock
I just got a super ideal stone and it sparkles like crazy. I bought a G color, VS1 stone and it is super white and I don’t see any inclusions.

A couple of places to look for super ideal stones (all of these places have websites), some have been mentioned above:

WhiteFlash (Texas)
Victor Canera (Los Angeles)
High Performance Diamonds (Idaho)

You cannot go wrong using any of those. Do some searches and see what you like. Also, look at the settings that each offers as it is often easiest to buy the stone and setting in one location.

You can also look around on these boards because there is great information. For example, I once had diamonds from both VC and HPD and I did a video compare.

Good luck! What part of the world are you located? If you are located near a vendor, you may find it worthwhile and easiest to visit the vendor in person.

Hi Nicole

I'm located in Melbourne / Australia, I have never shopped locally and I just assumed that the market is smaller here so the selection is smaller.

Are pricing competitive with all those vendors ?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nicole

I'm located in Melbourne / Australia, I have never shopped locally and I just assumed that the market is smaller here so the selection is smaller.

Are pricing competitive with all those vendors ?

Pricing is competitive with those vendors, in my opinion. I absolutely recommend a hearts and arrow diamond. I have my first H&A diamond and I love it.

I ended up selecting Victor Canera- for both my diamond and setting. Victor hand makes his rings (as opposed to casting them) and his rings are so elegant. I also felt that his cut of diamond was stunning. He works with only one diamond cutter and Victor is intensely involved with the cutting of his stones. You can click on my name and see my threads and see the thread where I have videos of his stones. Maybe check out his website and see if you like anything. I would say that he is a must contact before making your final decision.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You can’t go wrong with any vendor that PS recommends. I’m happy for you and your lovely spouse! Maybe look around at the websites and see if there is a diamond that speaks to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results