shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find 6 prong solitaire with pave wedding band without gap

SC111

Rough_Rock
I am after a 6 prong solitaire 18k white gold engagement ring, band approximately 2mm wide, round diamond 0.75-1 carat, that will sit nicely next to a pave wedding band of similar width, without a gap between the two. By gap I mean where the base of the diamond on the ER sticks out, so the pave ring doesn’t sit flush against it. I do like pave style wedding bands, where the diamonds are set on half of the band I.e not the eternity ring style.

I like these two items from James Allen, but the online sales assistant said there would be a noticeable gap.
WHITE GOLD COMMON PRONG DIAMOND WEDDING RING (.44 CTW.)
SKU:14057W14
And
18K WHITE GOLD 2MM COMFORT FIT SOLITAIRE ENGAGEMENT RING (SIX PRONG)
SKU:17928W

The assistant suggested the 14k flush fit solitaire with 4 prongs might sit better against wedding band, but they couldn’t provide me with any pics of the two together. Also, I would prefer 18k over 14k.

I am based in Australia, so please recommend something suitable from an online store that ships to Australia eg Blue Nile or James Allen.

So in summary, I need help finding-
18kt white gold for both wedding band and ER.
Solitaire Engagement ring, for round diamond, 0.75-1ct. Prefer 6 prong over 4, but will consider 4. I don’t like knife edge band, I like something more uniform and softer. Probably around 2mm wide.
Wedding band that is pave, half ring of diamonds to sit nicely without gap, next to ER.

This is the sort of style I am after
https://www.michaelhill.com.au/cert...t-tw-diamond-in-18ct-white-gold-11091301.html
https://www.michaelhill.com.au/wedd...-of-diamonds-in-14ct-white-gold-15592538.html

Thankyou

Attachments

• 02551B68-3AA9-43C2-B7E5-467BA67909E9.jpeg
    02551B68-3AA9-43C2-B7E5-467BA67909E9.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 142

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw a really nice flush fit 6 prong on the Instagram for Sholdt. Don’t know what their Australian presence is, but you have to be careful with a diamond wedding band next to any 6 prong setting - the band can rub on the protruding prong that must be against the wedder by default, and wear/damage it. Spacers are recommended for this, or channel set rings.

SC111

Rough_Rock
I just saw a really nice flush fit 6 prong on the Instagram for Sholdt. Don’t know what their Australian presence is, but you have to be careful with a diamond wedding band next to any 6 prong setting - the band can rub on the protruding prong that must be against the wedder by default, and wear/damage it. Spacers are recommended for this, or channel set rings.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I didn’t know this about 6 prongs. Useful to know!
I will look at the 4 prongs too.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results