Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide on a pair of diamond studs? =)

Alybird

Rough_Rock
Hello all :mrgreen2:

I am currently looking at classic platinum martini diamond studs in the .60 - .80 ctw range. Since I'm quite petite with small earlobes, I don't think that I would want anything bigger than this for everyday wear at the moment.

I know folks say that you can get away with wearing lesser quality diamonds for studs but I am *obsessed* with owning a perfect pair since I am planning on buying to keep. I am looking at D-F Color, VVS1/ IF and Excellent all-around.

I am wondering if I should purchase a pair with these qualities on the higher end of this size range via James Allen or if I should buy a pair on the lower end of this size range from Whiteflash.

Thank you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I just assisted my friend in buying a pair of studs from WF. She also has very small lobes and bought 2 x .41 pointers (perfect matching ACA H VVS1 pair). I found the selection at WF to be very good in this size range.

cheers--Sharon

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I’d go Whiteflash in your case! They will pack a punch even at a relatively smaller size :love:

My daily studs are 1 cttw (.5 each) and I think it’s a great size! Something a smidge smaller will look great if you have petite lobes!

Alybird

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. I ended up purchasing a pair of perfectly matched studs from WF. They are both 4.78 mm, G VVS2, 0.828 CTW and set in a 3-prong martini in platinum. These are perfect for every day wear for me.

=)

And, you weren't kidding!! These do pack a punch and look bigger on the ear just from how much they sparkle. Ahhh. Apologies for cruddy pic. They are fab in person.

20210212_201102.jpg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.