shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me compare two Asets please.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to decifer these Asets. Do you see anything concerning on either? Would you choose one vs the other based on these images alone? The second one got cut off a bit at 3 o'clock. Thank you so much in advance!! @Karl_K , @flyingpig , @Garry H (Cut Nut) 1610578988689_20210113_174753.png 20210113_174604.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
2nd one its a software issue it missed when it cropped the image out

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
both asets are fine.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are these in the same brand category?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are top quality.
But, obviously, I asked you these questions because I saw some minor difference, notably around the edges.
In this case, if you really look, yes, there is difference. But do not conclude that there is always noticeable difference between these two cut categories. Sometimes, it is impossible to tell which is which.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Both are top quality.
But, obviously, I asked you these questions because I saw some minor difference, notably around the edges.
In this case, if you really look, yes, there is difference. But do not conclude that there is always noticeable difference between these two cut categories. Sometimes, it is impossible to tell which is which.

I understand:) please tell me what you see around the edges. I am always trying to learn!!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand:) please tell me what you see around the edges. I am always trying to learn!!

If you look, the shape and size of the green triangle are different, indicating one has slightly more girdle treatment (will not go in detail. Use search)

Plus, I suspect #2 has a larger table and steeper pavilion (40.9~41.0?).

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
If you look, the shape and size of the green triangle are different, indicating one has slightly more girdle treatment (will not go in detail. Use search)

Plus, I suspect #2 has a larger table and steeper pavilion (40.9~41.0?).

Yes. 2nd has a larger table...around 56.5 the other is 54.7. Yes, 2nd one averages at 40.9 per the sarin report...the other one per the sarin also says average of 40.9...I was told that the machine hasn't been calibrated in a while...could be variances. You see girdle treatment on which one?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. 2nd has a larger table...around 56.5 the other is 54.7. Yes, 2nd one averages at 40.9 per the sarin report...the other one per the sarin also says average of 40.9...I was told that the machine hasn't been calibrated in a while...could be variances. You see girdle treatment on which one?

#2 has more girdle treatment.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
#2 has more girdle treatment.

aset has a low resulution when detecting minor amounts of girdle treatments with potential false positives.
every diamond ever cut has some variations.
in this we agree i think that neither has any harmful amount

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
aset has a low resulution when detecting minor amounts of girdle treatments with potential false positives.
every diamond ever cut has some variations.
in this we agree i think that neither has any harmful amount

Does that mean you like both :)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does that mean you like both :)

Not enough info... aset is just one consideration of many.
They both pass the aset test so I would move on to other information.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look good, but as @flyingpig said there are minor differences (though ones I suspect don't make a difference to the face up visuals but obviously I could be wrong)

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Not enough info... aset is just one consideration of many.
They both pass the aset test so I would move on to other information.

Ok. Moving on :) I received the 2nd one loose to try in person. It is a G. My last stone was a G as well but smaller. I thought I was seeing more body color in the larger stone when compared to my last stone. However, I had never seen my last stone unset. That stone was very white in the side view and I never saw any tint in it. So I was questioning whether the new stone was a lower G or if it was warmer because it was unset or warmer looking because it was just bigger.. I sent it back to have it looked at. I was told that once set in a platinum setting, I would probably see less body color from the side view. The 1st stone above is an F. A slight bit bigger. So trying to decide which to go with.. I was told that in person they perform similarly. Here are the Sarin reports. Screenshot_20201227-191609_Gmail.jpg SarinManufacturer_AGS-104112591015.jpg

Last edited:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results