shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
To build off my other thread, I'm tired of the aesthetic of my original engagement ring and want something where the stone pops. I love this target ring, which I ordered to try out. My thought was to set my current diamond in the setting. However, it's a K color and I think it might contrast too much with the blue sapphires and look too yellow. But I can't tell if that's just because I'm comparing it to an icy white CZ that I placed in there.

The options are to set my stone in this setting, get a moissanite, save up for a lab diamond, or sell my stone and get a whiter mined stone. Also, if I went with a moissy or lab stone I could go up in size to a bigger halo that would fit an 8mm stone (mine is 7mm).

Thoughts on the contrast between the halo and my diamond and if a whiter sim or lab diamond would look better? My biggest hesitation is that I'm not sure I want to have two rings and might prefer the target ring to have the diamond. Also, does this look like a good amount of finger coverage, or are there votes to go bigger (my husband likes this size on my hand but of course he's gonna say that!)?

Any advice is appreciated!
20190814_224000.jpg
20190814_210827.jpg 20190814_211153.jpg View attachment 707261

Last edited:

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Also, I don't always see this much color contrast in person but the pictures really seem to exacerbate my diamond's warmth.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
If you don’t think you will wear two rings, I would just put the diamond in the target ring for now and save. There are preloved OEC’s on Ivy & Rose and it looks like the ring you have might be one of their premount’s. I prefer an OEC in a target ring but you said you didn’t know if you could get past the moissanite. A 2 carat OEC from AV is pretty expensive so it would be better to just save for the eventual OEC. Looks like enough finger coverage to me! I don’t think with a target ring you want to go too big. Those are usually the ones I see for resell again...!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results