Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Cushion Halo

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a round halo today.... but I am one of the ones that can't seem to keep stones.. lost two in four months... :errrr:

So like some other PS'rs... (thank goodness I am not the only one making changes) I am looking to change the setting..

I have two I am looking at by the designer Sareen.

A round halo which looks almost identical to my existing set... and a cushion halo..

Any opinions are welcomed and thank you!!! :wavey:

P4210003.JPG

P4210015.JPG

P4210017.JPG

P4210018.JPG

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last picture.. in crazy order I forget to the load up not down..

P4210019.JPG

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
i love that cushion halo :love: :love: :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you already have a round halo, I wouldn't do it again since you already know what it looks like and how you feel about it. If you are more interested in changing the shape of the halo then I'd vote for cushion... BUT Im not quite sure why you are changing settings again? because you lost melees? if thats the case, neither of the choice will be less likely to lose melees :confused:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
D&T|1303402180|2901891 said:
if you already have a round halo, I wouldn't do it again since you already know what it looks like and how you feel about it. If you are more interested in changing the shape of the halo then I'd vote for cushion... BUT Im not quite sure why you are changing settings again? because you lost melees? if thats the case, neither of the choice will be less likely to lose melees :confused:

This. If you're concerned about losing melees I'd say to get a channel setting or a plain setting. If you want to change your center stone, the cushion is a beautiful choice.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
D&T|1303402180|2901891 said:

Agreed. I used to have a halo setting that lost melee as well. Now I have a plain solitaire D. Vatche trellis setting. Does it have the same WOW affect that the halo has? No way. But I can wear it everyday and not worry about a small diamond falling out. If your lifestyle is such that you are losing melee, I would strongly reconsider a setting with pave on it and look for either a plain solitaire that you can pair up with some blingy bands, or a setting with side stones that are more stable than pave (3 stone, channel set, etc).

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We decided to change because we felt the loss of stone (two within four months) was more of a "craftsman" issue. After reading on this site I understand people do lose small stones from these settings. But Dreamer or Diamondseeker recently ran a poll asking about losing stones and most people had not lost any stones or only one in several years.

My fiance' and I have now looked over both these settings and been to another store to look at more options.

We are going with the Cushion Halo but we are going to move to a single shank (is it a shank when it's not split)... double prongs in the corner and pave at the base of the basket.. it will be about two weeks.. but I will post pictures before and after when it's done...

Thank you for your comments.. I do so appreciate hearing from the PS'ers... :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it's the cushion halo and we switched to one shank versus the split and we went to platinum from 18K.. Since I have two eternity bands they will fit snug up next to the band... all to be done in time for the June wedding. These last few months with this ring have been like the mad hatters wild ride.. looking forward to settling into the new one...

Thank you for the votes and the feedback.... now the waiting begins...again

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I do like split shank rings, I do like a single shank better when wearing a band above and below the e-ring. So I think you made a good choice and I hope this one is much more durable! Post pictures when it comes!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker...we should have the CAD this week... I did a few changes to the cushion because I liked some of the things on the round... I have two prongs in each corner and added the pave under the basket and had the stones go all the way around the ring except for a sizing space on the bottom. When you look at my current set versus the new set it's so clear to me the "quality" of the setting is significantly different.... I hope upgrading to Platinum will also help with the durability of the ring.

So... new question if you happed to read the thread again....

Old Setting.. a yellow diamond (I would only do like an S, T, U range for price reasons...) or a sapphire. The setting is still very sentimental since we picked out together on a trip to San Francisco... so just trying to decide how to wear it as a RHR...

Thanks!!!

Mary

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results