shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between these two marquise diamonds.

Crystal503

Rough_Rock
I made a previous post but I can’t find it.
Hi all! I’ve been lurking in these boards for quite awhile during my diamond search. I just purchased two marquise diamonds online and I’m having a tough time deciding which one to keep.

The first one is a 1.11 carat excellent cut SI1 K faint light brown, 10.37 x 5.6 x 3.37

The 2nd one is a 1.09 carat very good cut SI1 J. It has a very slight yellow undertone that I only really see in my bathroom lighting, 10.51 x 5.27 x 3.39

The K faint brown faces up whiter than the J but in certain lighting both ends look a little darker, more like a champagne color. The only thing that bothers me is that it looks so dark in restaurant and office lighting. The J’s facets are crisper looking in person even though the cut is very good vs excellent, but it looks warmer against white gold.

The K is the top stone, J on the bottom. I’m having such a tough time picking!

F120DCB8-AA38-4B3C-9EBA-5F1427756211.png 2A16E1CE-B8F8-40F9-AF2D-83E11F265C75.png

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
Fancy shapes are so hard! Do bow ties bother you? I’m not sure that either would be my pick due to the large middle facets and crushed ice look toward the ends. Color does “pool” on the ends in fancy elongated shapes. If I had to choose based on only these pictures, I choose the bottom pictured stone, but I would want to see more images. What is your budget? Are you open to other options?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a marquise expert but based on these photos and your description neither blows me away. I would want one without a bowtie (that is a deal breaker for me as the only bow ties I like are those on well dressed men) and would want one with crisp and chunky facets. Based on that criteria of crisp facets and based on what you wrote then I would have to choose the J over the K. Mushy facets are a big turn off for me. However if I could keep looking for a more marvelous marquise I would and if you post your budget and your preferences maybe PSers can help you find a marquise dream stone for you.

Crystal503

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I don’t have a big budget, it has to stay under $4000. On warmer colored stones I prefer a brown tint over yellow. I’d like to be a little over a carat.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you follow IG check out Alex Park
parksfinegroupinc

https://www.instagram.com/parksfinegroupinc/

He gets some lovely marquise stones in at wonderful prices. His diamonds go fast though because they are beautiful and at good prices.

That's a good budget you have and you can get a lovely marquise stone. It might take some time but you could get lucky and it could happen quickly.

So I know this is out of budget but just in case I wanted to share this one with you. It's beautiful.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are more than a few choices

Odd balls

Might lean a bit more yellow

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results