shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between these diamond pairs for studs

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So I've come to the conclusion that Ritani is the only big evender that offers diamond pairs that are in my price range (ie - $600-700 CAD + setting). I'm trying to stick with the big sellers because of their return policies and ease of getting them across the border .

https://www.ritani.com/diamonds/diamond-pairs

My priority is on cut - then colour (closer to Downtown the better - not too picky about clarity as long as they're eye clean - and obviously my price range dictates something quite small .

There are tons of options in my budget, but I don't know where to start.

Help!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at Blue Nile or James Allen? Not sure where you are located but I gather you can't easily cross the border? What is your colour tolerance? Will you go up to a G? I see you like to be as close to D. I've had J's in white metal for studs & as long as they are cut well, there was no visible tint. I think safely you might be able to go to a G-ish.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or call IDJewelry outright and tell them your budget and that you want pricescope quality diamonds for earrings.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's hard trying to find a ready made set with the cut quality you're looking for. There seems to be a low inventory in the size you need or some of the vendors just don't sell certed stones below a certain size. I did find a couple of G's on JA but are above your budget. Prices are in US. Our dollar isn't doing too badly but this will give you an idea of what is out there with the cut quality you seek. The 2 G's are a great match. High clarity though. Not much in low clarity. Would be gorgeous & upgradable in future without too much of a hit having to go double in price. :)

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...From=60&DepthTo=62.30&TableFrom=54&TableTo=57

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure vendors like Whiteflash can supply ACA quality smaller diamonds, they just won’t have certificates. Might be worth giving them a call to see.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks all - seems like I'm going to have a harder time than I thought .:/

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Note those ritanis are total carat weight (so, under .20 each) and do not include the settings. Those preloved IDJewelry studs would be larger than the ritani ones, and are already set in martini settings. So call IDJewelry and see what you can get for $600 (pricescope quality etc) and if you can get bigger than ritani (or more colorless than the preloved) then buy from them. Or buy partgypsy's preloved ones. They do look really nice.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Note those ritanis are total carat weight (so, under .20 each) and do not include the settings. Those preloved IDJewelry studs would be larger than the ritani ones, and are already set in martini settings. So call IDJewelry and see what you can get for $600 (pricescope quality etc) and if you can get bigger than ritani (or more colorless than the preloved) then buy from them. Or buy partgypsy's preloved ones. They do look really nice.

I actually want .36 TCW - so .15ish is ideal for me (I'm a man if that makes any difference), and my budget is is 6-700 for the stones, and another 3 for the setting, so 1k. I know I can get bigger for my money, but I'm specifically looking for the smallest, best quality studs I can find.

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Interesting! I would actually call IDJ and ask Yeuketiel to help you on this project. As others have said, finding ideal cut stones in your size range can be tough, but the IDJ folks have access to a lot of inventory, are willing to help evaluate stones, etc.

Happy hunting!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you're going for quality over quantity, I would call WF & see what they have. I already looked on Brian Gavin's site & they don't have anything in the .15 point area. Another option is to call Wink at HPD as they use super ideal smaller stones too. He might have something in stock.

Otherwise, I think the ones on LT might be a good compromise for you. My brother wore a .25 & it didn't look large on him.

Good luck. :)

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you're going for quality over quantity, I would call WF & see what they have. I already looked on Brian Gavin's site & they don't have anything in the .15 point area. Another option is to call Wink at HPD as they use super ideal smaller stones too. He might have something in stock.

Otherwise, I think the ones on LT might be a good compromise for you. My brother wore a .25 & it didn't look large on him.

Good luck. :)

The LT listing is tempting - but I just can't go that big. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I want them to be subtle, but quality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results