shape
carat
color
clarity

help me choose a right diamond among princess and round cut

Rubinam

Rough_Rock
My designer has sent GIA reports of 1.03ct princess cut diamond and 0.75 round cut diamond.I am unable decide which one to pick.Round cut has D color with VS1 clarity where as Princess cut has G color with SI1.The inclusions are on the table of the diamond.I am worried if inclusions are visible to naked eye.I asked my jeweller about it he told me that its a eye clean diamond.I have attached the GIA reports of both the diamonds.Please go through and let me know which one is better.I have a video of princess cut diamond but not sure how to upload it.

Awaiting your recommendations.

Attachments

• 2336128880.pdf
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 6342252807.pdf
    648.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'd first determine what's most important to you - shape, cut, color, clarity, or carat? And go from there!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can't determine whether the princess is a good cut or not without video. The round looks to be likely a good cut - it scored well on the HCA tool, so its proportions are likely to work well together.

To upload the video, upload it somewhere like youtube, vimeo, or imgur and then post the link.

I agree with @MRBXXXFVVS1 that these two options are a bit all over the place. The shapes are very different and so are the colors.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this ring for you or your GF?

Agree with others. You really need to decide if you (or you GF) want to look at a square-shaped stone on your (or her) hand or a round stone.
A lot of people who like rounds dont like princess cuts and vice versa.

If it is for your GF you need to find out what shape she likes (does she have a pinterest board?)

If it is for you, you need to look around on Pricescope or google around and see what stones look like on someone's hand. Also, go
and try some round and princess shape rings on so you can decide what you like.

Let us know why you are trying to decide between these 2 shapes and maybe we can help you figure out what shape to go with
(not even worth looking at the reports right now without knowing what stone shape you like).

Rubinam

Rough_Rock
Is this ring for you or your GF?

Agree with others. You really need to decide if you (or you GF) want to look at a square-shaped stone on your (or her) hand or a round stone.
A lot of people who like rounds dont like princess cuts and vice versa.

If it is for your GF you need to find out what shape she likes (does she have a pinterest board?)

If it is for you, you need to look around on Pricescope or google around and see what stones look like on someone's hand. Also, go
and try some round and princess shape rings on so you can decide what you like.

Let us know why you are trying to decide between these 2 shapes and maybe we can help you figure out what shape to go with
(not even worth looking at the reports right now without knowing what stone shape you like).

This ring is for me.I was actually looking for a 1ct princess cut diamond at first and then i tried both princess and round cut at some jewelry stores.I like the round cut more than princess cut.Then i started looking for 1ct round cut online and I see that the price of 1ct round is more than princess.I have some budget constraint so i cant afford the 1ct round .Then i started looking for 0.75 carat round under my budget and I don’t see much difference between both of them in terms of size.Now i am not sure which one to buy.0.75 Round cut with better color and clarity or 1ct princess cut with low clarity.I hope it makes sense.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is for me.I was actually looking for a 1ct princess cut diamond at first and then i tried both princess and round cut at some jewelry stores.I like the round cut more than princess cut.Then i started looking for 1ct round cut online and I see that the price of 1ct round is more than princess.I have some budget constraint so i cant afford the 1ct round .Then i started looking for 0.75 carat round under my budget and I don’t see much difference between both of them in terms of size.Now i am not sure which one to buy.0.75 Round cut with better color and clarity or 1ct princess cut with low clarity.I hope it makes sense.

Princess cuts show more color than rounds, so if you lowered the color to G/H and clarity to SI1 (look for eye clean), then you could get a 1 ct. round in budget that will look whiter than that G/SI princess cut.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your budget??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a great diamond that just almost hits the 6 mm mark (at 5.98 mm), is white (H) and totally eye clean (VS2) for $3865

I'm not one to suggest a super ideal "on a budget", but here is an ACA of the same size (5.99 mm), color, and still eye clean for LESS at $3475! ...the best of the best cut.

If you wanted a whiter stone...
Here is one the same size, better color (G) and still eye clean for a little more $3909 -- but I wouldn't pay the extra $500 for one color better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results