shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me articulate what may be throwing me off about this ring...

wifelife

Rough_Rock
My initial thought was the proportions of the stones.

obx_marina

Rough_Rock
My initial thought was the proportions of the stones.

Yes, a few others have commented on this too. I liked the idea of a steeper graduation, but it may be contributing to the issue.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I have always wanted a 5 stone, graduated AVC band. I just got my ring from David Klass in the mail today, and it feels off to me for some reason? It's the exact setting I asked for... but on my finger, it lacks a clean, balanced aesthetic though, and it's hard for me to verbalize why? I think it's the symmetry of the ring, and possibly, the center stone leaning slightly to the right with the way that it is set? But, I can't quite articulate it, and I am hoping others, with a more objective and/or expert eye, can help . I'm including some pics I took, as well as some of the pics David Klass sent me before he shipped the ring. It looks symmetrical in his images ... so is this all in my head from over analyzing it? Something else?

DKPV2021___10__12____71713____71713-4.jpg

DKPV2021___10__12____71713____71713-5 (1).jpg

DKPV2021___10__12____71713____71713 (1).jpg

IMG_8825.jpg

IMG_8831.jpg
How did I miss this???? It is super gorgeous!:kiss2::kiss2: Can you share the specs on this ring? Pretty please?? I do think that the center AVC is a tiny bit lopsided but enough to drive anyone nuts coz when you see it, you can't un-see it! But its an easy fix for David and you can have him refine the prongs. Please share more photos!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have other pics with your full hand and the ring properly on your finger?

Do you just want the center stone to pop more? Maybe you want all the 4 side stones to be the same size which would give your eyes something specific to focus on, while still the presence of substantial side stones to make the ring as a whole quite a statement ring. That's just me, and why I've always shied away from a graduated 5 stone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I know it will be the same for me! I will say MAJOR PROPS to David Klass and his team - I reached out to share my concerns and received a near instant reply that he would be willing to change anything I wanted. It is my first time working with him, and I will say that level of service alone is greatly appreciated and speaks volumes!!
Wait.
He agreed to change… What, exactly?
Did he opine on precisely what he sees your issue to be?

You have started a thread requesting help with articulating something that you feel isn’t quite right.
Part of what you are paying a designer for is design advice; your designer should be the first person you ask for design advice.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results