shape
carat
color
clarity

Help looking for a 7mm OEC

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Hi GemFever!

Sorry for a slight threadjack, but I was just wondering who polished the stone for you. My stone may need one and I'm just looking for as many personal experiences with different vendors/cutters as possible! Much appreciated.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
alisonia333|1368631133|3447351 said:
Hi GemFever!

Sorry for a slight threadjack, but I was just wondering who polished the stone for you. My stone may need one and I'm just looking for as many personal experiences with different vendors/cutters as possible! Much appreciated.

Hi Alisonia! My stone got polished by a diamond cutter in the NYC diamond district. It was done through a friend-of-a-friend kind of chain, so I can't direct you to him, exactly. But I can say that he did a great job, and for a minor polish or to buff out a small chip, like on your stone, I wouldn't stress too much about it. These guys know what they are doing; their goal is to take off as little weight as possible (unless they are asked to do otherwise, of course). At first I was also nervous that the cutter would go to town on my stone, make it into an RB or try to change the proportions -- but nothing of the sort. He concentrated on taking off as few "points" as possible (the 1.75ct lost three points, it was initially 1.78). My stone came out quite clean and chip free, and looking like a fresher version of it old self. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results