shape
carat
color
clarity

Help--I''m in love with a diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katkat

Rough_Rock
First time poster and long time lurker....just wondering if any of you can chime in on the retail price of a diamond I fell in love with!

2.84 Carat Radiant (more rectangle than square)
D in color
SI-2

(Still waiting for exact depth and table from the store as they were closed this weekend)

The cut is excellent or so I was told. It was simply drop dead gorgeous. Their asking price was 17,850. Given the info above does this seem out of line or about right?
I apologize for not having all the specifics but I cannot stop thinking about it!
Thanks in advance for any replies.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2010 2:16:28 PM
Author:katkat
First time poster and long time lurker....just wondering if any of you can chime in on the retail price of a diamond I fell in love with!

D in color
SI-2

(Still waiting for exact depth and table from the store as they were closed this weekend)

The cut is excellent or so I was told. It was simply drop dead gorgeous. Their asking price was 17,850. Given the info above does this seem out of line or about right?
I apologize for not having all the specifics but I cannot stop thinking about it!
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Just not enough info to tell if retail is low, high, or middling, but...

I think you've just answered whether or not it's worth it
1.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Good Old Gold has a 2.53ct H SI1 for $15,000. The price sounds pretty low for a D. But if you are a long-time lurker you know that more information is needed and whether the stone is certified or not and by whom is a real factor. I don't believe any of the grading companies do cut grades on radiants so the "drop dead gorgeous" is only an opinion by someone who wants to make a sale.

Have you seen many radiants in person?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2010 5:40:37 PM
Author: swingirl
Good Old Gold has a 2.53ct H SI1 for $15,000. The price sounds pretty low for a D. But if you are a long-time lurker you know that more information is needed and whether the stone is certified or not and by whom is a real factor. I don't believe any of the grading companies do cut grades on radiants so the 'drop dead gorgeous' is only an opinion by someone who wants to make a sale.

Have you seen many radiants in person?
Ditto Swing, more info would help us with pricing advice etc. Have you inspected this stone closely to know if it is eyeclean to your standards or not?

katkat

Rough_Rock

Okay...so here are all the specs:

D in color
SI-2
60.5 % depth
71% table
polish and symmetry rated very good per the certificate

Certified by EGL

So--now that all the info has been gathered...any thoughts or advice?

great_balls_of_fire

Rough_Rock
I''m no expert, but the table seems awfully big on that one (bad thing).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2010 5:19:48 PM
Author: katkat

Okay...so here are all the specs:

D in color
SI-2
60.5 % depth
71% table
polish and symmetry rated very good per the certificate

Certified by EGL

So--now that all the info has been gathered...any thoughts or advice?

Yes, the table is large on this one, this could indicate the stone could look glassy in some lighting conditions and lack fire or coloured light due to this and the shallow crown height often found with large tables.

From what I can tell the cut isn't the greatest and as it has EGL grading, depending on which lab, the colour and clarity grading might not be accurate. I would make any sale final on the stone checking out to your satisfaction in all respects ( get this in writing) with an independant appraisal, you can find an appraiser in your area here. Also be wary if the grade making inclusions noted on the clarity map are clouds, these can sometimes impact performance in SI clarity grades.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results