shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Identifying vintage (1960's?) 18K Gold flower brooch

omtk21

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I have acquired this old brooch which is most likely made of 18k gold.

It has a marking 750 and 1181 AL.

I have found some information on the internet that 1181 AL could be the number of a gold smith and province in Italy.

But I am not sure that's why I am asking for help.

It also seems to have small blue gemstones (sapphires?) which all differ slightly under the microscope (small cracks, imperfections).

The roll clasp and needle also seems to be made of a different metal (maybe lower carat gold?), this can be noticed on the hinge where the hinge pin is more yellow than the pin around.

If anyone knows anything, please let me know.

I have left 11 pictures of the brooch in the attachments.

Thanks!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No pictures.....

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AL stands for the province of Alessandria, and 1181 is the number assigned to the manufacturer. I can't seem to find 1181 in any databases though.

omtk21

Rough_Rock
AL stands for the province of Alessandria, and 1181 is the number assigned to the manufacturer. I can't seem to find 1181 in any databases though.

Thank you, I have now added some pictures.

omtk21

Rough_Rock
Bump

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still no pics!
DK :confused:

omtk21

Rough_Rock
I have uploaded pictures through imgur as I could not find a way to make them public on this site.

https://imgur.com/a/UZoi8Bd

I can take some better pictures if needed.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The texturing and overall style makes me think it’s a relative modern piece - 1940’s to 1960’s.

There’s a site devoted to sterling silver that might be able to help you ID the specific manufacturer (since many jewelry designers work in both gold and silver: www.925-1000.com.

I can’t make out the lettering on the back of the petal. If you’ve been able to decipher it, let us know!

It’s a lovely brooch! I hope you’ve been able to enjoy it despite the unknowns!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results