shape
carat
color
clarity

help identifying this pendant

Mimi2010

Rough_Rock
2018-10-01 06.48.37.jpg This piece is just under 2" in diameter. I received it when my mother passed away. I believe it was made prior to 1970. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
All I can tell you is the painfully obvious which is that it has a natural black star sapphire, a garnet, two pearls and some diamonds!
Not sure about age so I'm probably totally wrong but id say made between 60s-80s and is a nice little vintage piece.

If you have any markings or stamps do share as that can help others who are better at identification help you to identify age or any other possible approximate information :)

Mimi2010

Rough_Rock
Thank you! The only making I can find is on the back. At the top isit stamped 14k and on the bottom there's a "C" with an "o" inside of it. I've researched makers stamps and can't find anything on it. I appreciate your help!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @TheGarnetGirl.
Perhaps the stones are birthstones to represent children.
It's hard to tell whats going on with the diamonds, because of the reflections. But if that is a tree-like motif with branches, then I think it could be a "mother" charm.

Mimi2010

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I think you're right about it being a family tree. The stone colors just don't make sense unless it's older than I think it is.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a Mother's charm. The pearls represent mom and dad and the colored gems are the offspring coming from the tree of life. It looks like the setting for the two colored stones would be more symmetrical if they were both round cuts. But the black sapphire cut and shape is odd. It could be for a boy/son as it is a masculine color and is a cabachon cut rather than the more sparkly round cut. Or it could represent a deceased child. Or it could been a replacement stone.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it’s birthstones, then you have a January the garnet), two Junes (the pearls), and a September (the sapphire). Does that fit your family, or maybe your mothers’?

ETA these are US birthstones. Not sure how universal those are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results