shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I want to show you my ring but . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t figure out how to get a good picture. I have a 2megapixel digital camera, is that the problem? I can only seem to get the ring from a distance. Even with the flash off.

BTW, I got my ring a few weeks ago and was trying to announce it''s arrival with pics but I''ve been trying now for three weeks and I feel completely insane. However, I adore my Ritani three stone endless love e-ring. And the w-band is sweet too.

bht122

Rough_Rock
Have you tried the macro funcion?
I really really want to see your ring--I love the ritani 3 stone settings!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah: the following set of selections (macro mode, high resolution, no flash) should be the best your camera can deliver. You cannot get close to the ring: it will blur the picture, but te result should be quite good even from a distance if the resolution is. Indirect lighting - the main ceiling one plus a halogen filtered through white paper and no shadow over the ring - should help. And even bad pics are better than none! That ring should be quite a sight...

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
What camera are you using? If it's the canon one.. the macro is a little button with a symbol of a flower. Sometimes people don't know what the macro mode is. The macro mode is used to take very close up pics.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
u still have to maintain an appropriate distance from the ring even in the macro mode. its always good to crop the image to just around the ring after u have taken the pic to get the best possible close up. and 2 megapixels is actually more than sufficient for amatuer photography. good luck
5.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Lanee, I found a table top tripod was a big help. Since you aren't using flash, the shutter tends to have a slower speed. Most of my macros shots were blurred taking pics handheld. Then I got a table top tripod and I got some really great pics. Macros mode (the little flower), no flash.

Dunno the features of your camera, but mine has a macros "focus point" feature. When I depress the button to take a picture about halfway, the camera locks in on the object and brings it into focus. Don't take your finger off the button at that point. Just completley depress the button and poof the camera takes the picture. Only problem I've had with that it the macros focus sometimes picks other spots to focus on. Even then, the pics still come out much nicer than shooting manually.
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried taking pictures through a 10X loupe, positioning it in front of the digital camera lens? It's awkward and you have to be very steady, but this method gets me some half-way decent shots of stuff.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
1> read the instructions for the camera and get the optimal distance for the macro setting. It is really a narrow range usualy no bigger than 2 inches.

2> use a light colored peice of paper with something on it for contrast right above the ring to set the focus then depress the trigger button 1/2 way and move it down to the ring and finish the press.
Experment with different distances to the paper for setting the focus.
IE: in front of the ring, right at the ring, behind the ring.
Vary it by 2 inches or so.

3> TAKE NOTES! that way next time you will know what worked!!

Good Luck :}

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
I have a 2.1 Mpixel camera by olympus that was my college graduation gift 3 years ago. When I got engaged, I tried taking pics of it and it didn't work! Too blurry for up close pics. I then used my digital camcorder (sharp) and used a loop and I have much better pics, not in terms of quality but in terms of focus. I would never print these pics out cause they are grainy but they do show the items. Maybe you need a different camera OR you can take the pic(at the highest resolution) from far away and then crop it on the computer showing just the ring.

good luck

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, I'm going to try again tonight with the macro thing. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have something to post. Thanks for the help. I don't own a loupe so we'll see how it goes.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lanee,
Hurry up with the pictures!!! Everyday I look for this thread to see if any pictures of your ring were posted!!
2.gif

I love the Ritani three stone ring. I had contacted DBOF a while back about that ring, but a solitaire one, but they told me that I had to either purchase one of their diamonds or one of Ritani's.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results