shape
carat
color
clarity

Help I think my ring new set is too big and blingy for remote rural ranch life

Keep the stone set in the new setting or remounting into a simple bezel setting ?

• Sell that and put the money toward something practical are you nuts!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

firekeepingwolf

Rough_Rock
I live in a very small, modest, rural town, too, and I can almost guarantee you that anyone who’s actually paying attention to bling in the first place likely does think mine are fake. That being said, I wear them proudly, anyway. But I also agree with a lot of the advice here. I, too, have several wedding ring and band combos I wear depending on the situation. If you don’t want to change the top look of your ring, maybe a slight modification as suggested may be the thing, but then also wearing just your band for daily wear. Lots of good ideas on this thread, but ultimately, if you love the blingtastic face-up look of your diamond, I say wear it with pride and forget what anyone else thinks!

Thank you so much ! Very inspirational post!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to come back to say.... in your initial post I was left with the impression that your DH is really happy with your rings and that's what *he* wants you to wear... but *you* are not really happy or comfortable with them... and it seemed to me that deep down what you really want is the sleeker set, for a variety of reasons, all valid.

If your current rings truly make your heart happy and your only hesitation is that others around you might thing they are too much, then yeah, forget them and enjoy those rings! You can love, wear, rock whatever you want in life, it's too short to conform to what you think others would prefer you wear. But if you are trying to convince yourself to be happy with them bc you want to keep your DH happy, and you think you somehow *should* love them despite not feeling comfortable wearing them (physically, mentally, socially) then yeah, go for what you would truly love! Same premise: life is too short to waste time pretending/trying to love rings that don't bring *you* joy, especially when you know what would.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Don't be ashamed of the fabulous ring your husband wants you to have. What a symbol of love! Just don't wear out with the horses. If that hooks in a halter or bridle, you could lose your finger. I knew a woman who lost part of her index finger loading a horse. Please don't.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have been following this, but have not had time to chime in....I think you should wear whatever makes you happy and not care what other's think!

I've personally been working from home for the past 2.5 years, and rocking >9ct of diamonds every single day! Clerks at the grocery store, people at the gym, and my hiking buddies are mostly who I see day to day, but I don't think anyone really notices how much bling I'm wearing, because most are not into diamonds or jewelry. I have 1 hiking buddy that used to point out that I'm all blinged out for hiking, but I think she is used to it now, I don't think I need to de-bling for anyone's sake, especially my large knuckles make taking rings on and off a pain!

firekeepingwolf

Rough_Rock
I have been following this, but have not had time to chime in....I think you should wear whatever makes you happy and not care what other's think!

I've personally been working from home for the past 2.5 years, and rocking >9ct of diamonds every single day! Clerks at the grocery store, people at the gym, and my hiking buddies are mostly who I see day to day, but I don't think anyone really notices how much bling I'm wearing, because most are not into diamonds or jewelry. I have 1 hiking buddy that used to point out that I'm all blinged out for hiking, but I think she is used to it now, I don't think I need to de-bling for anyone's sake, especially my large knuckles make taking rings on and off a pain!

I like your style ! Thank you for being an inspiration to myself and I’m
Sure many many more bling lovers !

firekeepingwolf

Rough_Rock
Don't be ashamed of the fabulous ring your husband wants you to have. What a symbol of love! Just don't wear out with the horses. If that hooks in a halter or bridle, you could lose your finger. I knew a woman who lost part of her index finger loading a horse. Please don't.

Very well put , thank you so much ! Today is the first day I’ll wear it in public , we’re going on date night !

firekeepingwolf

Rough_Rock
Wanted to come back to say.... in your initial post I was left with the impression that your DH is really happy with your rings and that's what *he* wants you to wear... but *you* are not really happy or comfortable with them... and it seemed to me that deep down what you really want is the sleeker set, for a variety of reasons, all valid.

If your current rings truly make your heart happy and your only hesitation is that others around you might thing they are too much, then yeah, forget them and enjoy those rings! You can love, wear, rock whatever you want in life, it's too short to conform to what you think others would prefer you wear. But if you are trying to convince yourself to be happy with them bc you want to keep your DH happy, and you think you somehow *should* love them despite not feeling comfortable wearing them (physically, mentally, socially) then yeah, go for what you would truly love! Same premise: life is too short to waste time pretending/trying to love rings that don't bring *you* joy, especially when you know what would.

Very well put advice I thank you sincerely for sharing your wisdom with me I’m going to wear this set today for the first time in public on our date night . I’ll see how it feels …
Thank you for your thoughtful response

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I love a low slung bezel for my big pear diamond when I’m at the farm with this lovely girl…that said, the only thing with prongs at a farm is they can catch on horse hair and pull up. Horse hair is pretty strong and can pull up a prong.

Less of a risk, but the settings and teeny tiny prongs around micopavé is a dirt magnet. Keep the baby clean!!!

837BC107-42BC-4207-9E0E-AF3974845DD7.jpeg

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love a low slung bezel for my big pear diamond when I’m at the farm with this lovely girl…that said, the only thing with prongs at a farm is they can catch on horse hair and pull up. Horse hair is pretty strong and can pull up a prong.

Less of a risk, but the settings and teeny tiny prongs around micopavé is a dirt magnet. Keep the baby clean!!!

Such a beauty!

firekeepingwolf

Rough_Rock

Awesome photo and great post thank you !
Have you got a a photo of your ring to share ?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock

"No one ever looks as good as a horse." - Diana Vreeland

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say that no matter what setting you have, you shouldn't wear it working on the ranch. I take off my rings before doing anything like cooking or cleaning or anything that could damage them or make then grimy. My ring in my avatar picture is a little too dressy for my very casual everyday lifestyle, so I only wear it when I go somewhere nicer than the grocery store! :lol: I'd get a plain band or a silicone band to wear around daily and use your wedding set to wear when you go out to lunch, dinner, or other nice events. I have a modest 5 stone diamond band that I usually wear daily.

But, I will say this, it's your ring and while I think it's always best for the man to allow the woman to choose her own design since she is the one to wear it, the issue now is do you love the ring or not? Are you looking for an excuse to reset it? Because even if you reset into a plain bezel, I still wouldn't wear it working on the ranch. If you love the ring, I'd keep it as it is and wear on special occasions.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is beautiful as is, but i totally get your concerns! My previous ring was over 3.5ct in an octagon. I loved it dearly but it was over the top for me. I'm a nurse by day and live on a rural property. Nothing like tending chickens with a big rock on your hand, lol! I am in the process of downsizing and going to a bezel setting as I just feel it fits my casual blue jeans wearing, ponytail, gardening, feed store, dog mom lifestyle better.
So I truly get what you are thinking!

Kandie

Rough_Rock
I think its perfect and it looks great on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results