shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! I’ve been sucked down the rabbit hole of reset!

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
So I been bitten by the upgrade bug ever since I (we) upgraded my e-ring. I’m in the process of either resetting my right had eternity band because a. The top band no longer fits and b. All the prongs drive me nuts. The prong work is less then ideal, better on the rounds but horrible on the emerald. I wear a shared prong eternity as my wedding band and I don’t even know it’s there. Anyways- I’ve gotten the design pretty close but the reset is going to cost way more than I thought. So, I’m weighing my options. In doing so I’m getting sucked down the diamond rabbit hole and am losing track!! Please help!

Goal: a single right hand eternity band. Do not want to stack.

Pics are in the linked thread (current bands and cad design) but I’m really asking a new band all together..

Need advice on:
1. I wear all round diamonds, however I’m looking at .3 or .4ct emerald cut diamonds in an eternity band (not sure what the total weight of either will be yet). Should I go with rounds and keep things consistent, in that case choose between either .4 or .5ct stones in the band?

2. Should I consider other shapes like Asscher or oval? I love round for classic and sparkle, but there is something about the emerald cut that just draws me in with all those clean lines.

3. What setting for eternity band is most comfortable? Is there a resource link?

4. Just go with the reset- it will still be less money then an upgrade...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-custom-eternity-band-reset.246933/

Thanks for your help getting me back on track!

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might want to include a picture of your RH eternity band. Its difficult for people to picture in their mind what you are talking about with
rounds and emeralds.

Edit...and who do you get quotes from? What were they? Did you try David Klass?

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
You might want to include a picture of your RH eternity band. Its difficult for people to picture in their mind what you are talking about with
rounds and emeralds.

Pics are in the linked thread- includes pics of current three bands and pics of the cad redesign

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the latest cad but if comfort is a factor, it may be best to find something you can try on your finger before you put a lot of money in a reset. Nothing is worse than not wearing pieces that cost so much to make. Tiny details bother me too when they touch my fingers the wrong way. Do you think the thickness is going to bother you?

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
it's totally not the thickness, its that the prongs actually feel sharp, giving me the sensation of tiny pin pricks.

DH just weighed in and his thoughts were very blunt and direct:

1. Me: "What to you think of the reset?" Him: "It's not you, because it's ugly" (ooookkk!)
2. Me: "Do you think I should get an emerald or round. Him: "round" Me: "why?" Him: "it matches everything else"

well- ok them hubby!

Maybe I go with a WF eternity with 0.5cts (should be 12 or 13 diamonds) it will match my e-ring on my right had awesome.....

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So If you go round, what happens to,your existing emerald eternity? Is that a factor?

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
i'll sell it:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results