shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! How to take Pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took an entire roll of pictures and none of them turned out. It was completely white! What did I do wrong?

I did not use the flash.
No loupe, so I used the macro feature on my camera. No digicamera.
I used natural sunlight, bathroom halogen, and fluorescent lighting.
I took pictures on windowsills, fingershots and rings in a ringbox.
NOTHING worked!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
jewelry pics are HARD. i think you would be extremely lucky to get even one usable shot from a roll of film. digital is the only way to go when taking pics because you can make adjustments immediately. i would say my ratio of unusable to usable pics is 20:1 (and i'm used to taking pics!) digital is the only way to go. you'll end up wasting a lot of time and money trying to figure it out on film.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a cover over the lens that needs removed?? (although then I''d think they''d be black...)

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
jewelry pics are HARD. i think you would be extremely lucky to get even one usable shot from a roll of film. digital is the only way to go when taking pics because you can make adjustments immediately. i would say my ratio of unusable to usable pics is 20:1 (and i''m used to taking pics!) digital is the only way to go. you''ll end up wasting a lot of time and money trying to figure it out on film.
(*•.¸(`*•.¸¸.•*´)¸.•*)
¨`•.¸ *belle*¸.• ´¨
(¸.•*(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)*•.¸)

Thanks for that info.For sure it will be much longer before I will be posting here...Maybe soon they will come up with a "camera that just does it" Yes I am dreaming here...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
scarleta, there are some that are pretty darn close! digital cameras have become very user friendly.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
completely white sounds like the film might have been damaged or something?? i mean blurry pictures is one thing but totally white?

agree i would ever only do digital on the jewelry photos, i get a lot of good pictures with my new camera (well not new anymore) but still i wouldn''t try film hehee.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 12:33:27 PM
Author: Mara
completely white sounds like the film might have been damaged or something?? i mean blurry pictures is one thing but totally white?

agree i would ever only do digital on the jewelry photos, i get a lot of good pictures with my new camera (well not new anymore) but still i wouldn''t try film hehee.
I agree, totally white doesn''t sound like the pics just didn''t turn out well...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Belle:" digital cameras have become very user friendly."

electronics are never user friendly for me.In our house we don''t even use pic in pic on TV.So I will try to practice that digital stuff. My camera is easy for me , but I don''t take any fancy pics with it..Still a beginner ...With lots of practice and all my good friend here on PS one day I may just post...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here. Digital camera isn''t quite user-friendly for me yet. I need time to read the manual before I dare to fool around with it. I owe quite a few people on PS some pictures of my EC and setting and had hoped that the 35mm would suffice. I guess not.
29.gif
Looks like it''ll be a long while before I am able to post pics of my diamonds and gemstone collection.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 8:16:36 AM
Author: Chrono
Same here. Digital camera isn''t quite user-friendly for me yet. I need time to read the manual before I dare to fool around with it. I owe quite a few people on PS some pictures of my EC and setting and had hoped that the 35mm would suffice. I guess not.
29.gif
Looks like it''ll be a long while before I am able to post pics of my diamonds and gemstone collection.
Not acceptable.
11.gif

Get that manual out and start reading!
34.gif
They''re really not that bad.
2.gif

I wanna see pics!!!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
" I need time to read the manual " Chrono I read the manual cover to cover I think practice is what I need now...
Ellen: "Not acceptable"
Please forgive us , but its not for the lack of trying .I really hope that next camera will do any job perfectly.I am going to buy it the moment is available..

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
scarleta, i think you are right! just start practicing! don''t be discouraged if you don''t get good pictures right away, it just takes finding the right conditions for your camera. that is the nice thing about digital, you can make adjustments immediately.

btw...you can quote other posts by hitting the ''reply'' button above the post that you want to quote. once the reply box opens up, just hit that ''quote'' button on the left. the quote will pop into the reply box and you can type your response in under it.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I have the somethingorother set to like 10 for indoorlight and I go outside or in too much light every pic is yukko like that. ISO? Maybe that''s what it is... you said you have a digital camera - you sure you don''t want to retry that? At least you get instant feedback on whether the pics have turned out. And if every pic is white, are you sure the film wasn''t exposed?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 9:07:56 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/16/2007 8:16:36 AM
Author: Chrono
29.gif
Not acceptable.
11.gif

Get that manual out and start reading!
34.gif
They''re really not that bad.
2.gif

I wanna see pics!!!
ITA with ellen - not to mention, even the *worst* pic is better than none at all LOL

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, white pictures, if you''re using film, means the film was exposed to light before developing and was ruined.
7.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 11:57:38 AM
Author: belle
scarleta, i think you are right! just start practicing! don''t be discouraged if you don''t get good pictures right away, it just takes finding the right conditions for your camera. that is the nice thing about digital, you can make adjustments immediately.

btw...you can quote other posts by hitting the ''reply'' button above the post that you want to quote. once the reply box opens up, just hit that ''quote'' button on the left. the quote will pop into the reply box and you can type your response in under it.
2.gif
That was easy Belle many thanks for making it easy for me.I was wondering how nicely others did this quotes now because of your kind help I can do it too.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results