shape
carat
color
clarity

Help hide a giant inclusion!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently got a 1ct, 6mm, E colored OEC, it''s a beautiful cut with ton of sparkle...but one giant carbon inclusion. I bought it for a song as they say (less than 500$), so I don''t mind it, but I thought I''d try to cover it in the setting since it''s fairly linear. Aside from the one giant inclusion, the stone is eye clean.

Ideas or recs for who to contact for this kind of work? I was thinking something art nouveau in style?

mtgoec3.jpg

mtgoec2.jpg

mtgoec1.jpg

mtgoec44.jpg

Thanks!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Are you thinking pendant? The inclusion seems to disappear when it''s turned to the 6 oclock position. Maybe get it put into a solitaire pendant and make sure it''s mounted just like you''re holding it in the 2nd picture. Good luck, it''s a pretty stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!

This is my first diamond purchase and project, so I''m super excited!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I would ask the jeweler you are going to use to set it what they think would work best.

My sapphire has a giant inclusion that you can see from certain angles (a cloud). When the owner of the jewelry store got a hold of it, he set it e-w. I don't see the inclusion at all now!!! The person who had it set previously was new to the industry and probably didn't have enough experience to know what works for what kind of inclusions.

ETA: Great find by the way, you got a great price!

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Either GOG or Winfield's (I can't remember which) had a stone like that lasered and "bleached" or whatever they call that. It was an antique diamond with a big black inclusion in the center.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s really quite pretty. I would set it in some figural manner where it would make sense for the prongs to be asymmetrical, like those rings where a hand is holding a pearl. It could be your favorite animal holding it, talons (is that too redneck?), a mermaid, panda, set in the branches of a tree, whatever strikes your fancy.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t suggest something specific right now, besides you already got some very good advice from the fellow PriceScopers...I just wanted to say that i love your diamond...Actually, if i was the owner of the stone, i think that i would embrace the inclusion as my diamond''s "identity card"
5.gif
I don''t know if it makes any sense, but i love it just the way it looks
21.gif
It''s a sparkly beauty with a strong personality
2.gif
I can''t wait to see what you''ll finally decide to do with it
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results