shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Have to decide today! Which diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laz

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Well I have narrowed it down to the following to stones and I have to decide today which one to get. Which would you choose out of the following 2?

Diamond No. 1
1.35ct
F
SI1
Medium Fluoro
Size 7.13mm diameter
Table 56%
Depth 61.6%
Crown angle 34.5 deg
Pavillion angle 40.8 deg
girdle medium to slightly thick
Cut is Ex, Ex, Ex
HCA 1.3, Ex, Ex, Ex, Vg
Eye clean from top, white inclusion may be visible from the side if you know where to look.

Diamond No. 2
1.22ct
F
VS2
No fluoro
Size 6.91mm diameter
Table 56%
Depth 61.2%
Crown angle 35 deg
Pavillion angle 40.8 deg
girdle thin to medium
Cut is Ex, Ex, Ex
HCA 1.5, Ex, Ex, Ex, Vg
Eye clean from top and sides.

Diamond No. appears to have the best cut (Ideal 1A) but the clarity is not as good and it has medium fluoro. Which would you choose??? HELP!!! :) Thanks!

Laz

Rough_Rock
They are both the same price btw...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would pick the first from the info available if it was verified eyeclean by a trusted vendor. Any chance of ASET or Idealscope images if these are online? Which lab report do these have?

Also no worries with med blue fluorescence, you might not notice it much and if so only in some lighting. Can you add the full diameter measurements please?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the possible "sighting" of the inclusion doesn''t bother you (can make a nice indentifier too), I''d go for the first. The med flo should not be a problem. You most likely will never even know it''s there, unless you get under a black light. And even then, it''s not bad, it just glows!
10.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 5:14:36 PM
Author: Ellen
If the possible ''sighting'' of the inclusion doesn''t bother you (can make a nice indentifier too), I''d go for the first. The med flo should not be a problem. You most likely will never even know it''s there, unless you get under a black light. And even then, it''s not bad, it just glows!
10.gif
Ditto.

Laz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. Being a newbie I never thought it would be that hard to choose a diamond!

The full dimensions are
Diamond 1 - 7.10 - 7.13 x 4.38mm
Diamond 2 - 6.87 - 6.91 x 4.22mm

Both are certified ex, ex, ex by the GIA

I do not have any asset or idealscope images unfortunately...

Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 5:32:56 PM
Author: Laz
Thanks for the input. Being a newbie I never thought it would be that hard to choose a diamond!

The full dimensions are
Diamond 1 - 7.10 - 7.13 x 4.38mm
Diamond 2 - 6.87 - 6.91 x 4.22mm

Both are certified ex, ex, ex by the GIA

I do not have any asset or idealscope images unfortunately...

Thanks again!
Thanks!

As Ellen and I said, the first looks to have the most potential, have you seen them in person?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You would be ok with no IS on the first, those are safe specs. The second could be good too, but it's just a hair "iffiy".

Laz

Rough_Rock
I havent seen either of them in person so Im buying purely from the specs and the grading report...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 5:47:23 PM
Author: Laz
I havent seen either of them in person so Im buying purely from the specs and the grading report...
If these are with an online vendor you might be able to request an IS image, however without I would definitely lean towards the first as Ellen says.

Laz

Rough_Rock
Hmmm, the only thing that worries me with diamond 1 is the "you may be able to see the inclusion from the side if you know where to look" bit!
Its going into a 6 prong tiffany setting... The inclusion is white so maybe it will be hard to pick?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We can''t say, we can''t see it. I would suggest asking the people who are selling you the stone. You''re entitled to ask all the questions you want, until you are comfortably satisfied!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 6:28:39 PM
Author: Ellen
We can''t say, we can''t see it. I would suggest asking the people who are selling you the stone. You''re entitled to ask all the questions you want, until you are comfortably satisfied!
Ditto!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the bigger one, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results